The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Philippines announces alliance with China and Russia (Separates from alliance with America)

Rush17

One thing is that by the Philippines making allies with China and Russia, the US would need to be nicer with the philippines and would try to atleast match or give more than what the two countries are offering, which woulf benefit the people.

I don't really think philippInes will entirely cut relationships with US, I mean the US is the number one country Filipino loves and perhaps even trusts. I also know that the President becomes emotional at times and says blatant things, but don't you also say blatant thinks when you're angry, when you're doing what you can to get rid of the drugs in your country to keep it from becoming a narco-country like some of the South American countries but instead get criticized by someone you thought you can trust.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Philippines' President Duterte admits personally killing suspects

Philippines' President Rodrigo Duterte has admitted he personally killed criminal suspects as mayor of Davao.

It is the first such admission he has made since becoming president in June, but echoes comments he made in 2015.

He ran the southern city for two decades, earning a reputation for cutting crime, and criticism for allegedly supporting death squads.

Mr Duterte was speaking to business leaders at the presidential palace on Monday, before an overseas trip.

It is the latest in a series of controversial and sometimes contradictory comments by Mr Duterte.

'Blood on his hands'

"In Davao I used to do it personally. Just to show to the guys [police] that if I can do it why can't you," he said.

"And I'd go around in Davao with a motorcycle, with a big bike around, and I would just patrol the streets, looking for trouble also. I was really looking for a confrontation so I could kill."

In 2015, he admitted killing at least three men suspected of kidnapping and rape in Davao.

The comments have been condemned by human rights group Amnesty International, which has called on him to put an immediate end to the killings.

"The climate of impunity in the Philippines has intensified even further since President Duterte began his brutal crackdown on suspected drug users and dealers in July, with a wave of unlawful killings claiming more than 5,000 lives across the country," said Rafendi Djamin, the group's director for South East Asia and the Pacific.

"By boasting about the blood on his own hands, President Duterte will further embolden police and vigilantes to blatantly violate laws and carry out more extrajudicial executions without fear of being held to account."

But just hours before Mr Duterte's latest remarks, he insisted "I am not a killer", in a speech for The Outstanding Filipino Awards 2016. He has also previously both acknowledged and denied being involved with death squads.

In September a Senate inquiry heard testimony from a self-confessed former death squad member that Mr Duterte had, while serving as Davao mayor, shot dead a justice department agent with an Uzi submachine gun.

Nearly 6,000 people are said to have been killed by police, vigilantes and mercenaries since Mr Duterte launched his drug war after being elected in May. He has expressed few regrets about the policy, once saying: "Hitler massacred three million Jews... There's three million drug addicts. I'd be happy to slaughter them."

Mr Duterte has repeatedly said he does not care about human rights and has suggested that lawyers defending drug suspects might also be targeted in his campaign, says the BBC's Jonathan Head.

Some human rights lawyers believe the outspoken president's open support for a shoot-to-kill policy by the police could make him vulnerable to prosecution for crimes against humanity at the international court.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-38311655

10 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

Philippines' President Duterte admits personally killing suspects

Philippines' President Rodrigo Duterte has admitted he personally killed criminal suspects as mayor of Davao.

It is the first such admission he has made since becoming president in June, but echoes comments he made in 2015.

He ran the southern city for two decades, earning a reputation for cutting crime, and criticism for allegedly supporting death squads.

Mr Duterte was speaking to business leaders at the presidential palace on Monday, before an overseas trip.

It is the latest in a series of controversial and sometimes contradictory comments by Mr Duterte.

'Blood on his hands'

"In Davao I used to do it personally. Just to show to the guys [police] that if I can do it why can't you," he said.

"And I'd go around in Davao with a motorcycle, with a big bike around, and I would just patrol the streets, looking for trouble also. I was really looking for a confrontation so I could kill."

In 2015, he admitted killing at least three men suspected of kidnapping and rape in Davao.

The comments have been condemned by human rights group Amnesty International, which has called on him to put an immediate end to the killings.

"The climate of impunity in the Philippines has intensified even further since President Duterte began his brutal crackdown on suspected drug users and dealers in July, with a wave of unlawful killings claiming more than 5,000 lives across the country," said Rafendi Djamin, the group's director for South East Asia and the Pacific.

"By boasting about the blood on his own hands, President Duterte will further embolden police and vigilantes to blatantly violate laws and carry out more extrajudicial executions without fear of being held to account."

But just hours before Mr Duterte's latest remarks, he insisted "I am not a killer", in a speech for The Outstanding Filipino Awards 2016. He has also previously both acknowledged and denied being involved with death squads.

In September a Senate inquiry heard testimony from a self-confessed former death squad member that Mr Duterte had, while serving as Davao mayor, shot dead a justice department agent with an Uzi submachine gun.

Nearly 6,000 people are said to have been killed by police, vigilantes and mercenaries since Mr Duterte launched his drug war after being elected in May. He has expressed few regrets about the policy, once saying: "Hitler massacred three million Jews... There's three million drug addicts. I'd be happy to slaughter them."

Mr Duterte has repeatedly said he does not care about human rights and has suggested that lawyers defending drug suspects might also be targeted in his campaign, says the BBC's Jonathan Head.

Some human rights lawyers believe the outspoken president's open support for a shoot-to-kill policy by the police could make him vulnerable to prosecution for crimes against humanity at the international court.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-38311655

Have you seen the movie "Judge Dread" with Stallone as the judge, jury, and executioner?  

media is really quick to bite the bait, He had opened the largest hospital in the Philippines a few days ago and had finished building houses for the people that had been affected by the typhoon where foreigners donated so much money, if you remember. He's also working on rehabs around the country and yet this is all that the media caught on. Media really is the mouth of the Evil and always spews twisted truths

3 minutes ago, BlackBeard said:

media is really quick to bite the bait, He had opened the largest hospital in the Philippines a few days ago and had finished building houses for the people that had been affected by the typhoon where foreigners donated so much money, if you remember. He's also working on rehabs around the country and yet this is all that the media caught on. Media really is the mouth of the Evil and always spews twisted truths

What is twisted about direct quotes given at a conference?

1 minute ago, nuckin_futz said:

What is twisted about direct quotes given at a conference?

Unfortunately that is what most people outside the country would think  and see. you may not have even heard of the latter things I mentioned because the medias true purpose is to bring down anybody who is defiant of the elites who pays them. that Million dollar drug business after all is great loss for them. Anyways, when he said "son of a bitsh" directed to the "journalist" s provocative question many people mainly because of the media  twisting the truth, foreigners around the world thought he called Barack Obama a son of bitsh.

45 minutes ago, BlackBeard said:

Unfortunately that is what most people outside the country would think  and see. you may not have even heard of the latter things I mentioned because the medias true purpose is to bring down anybody who is defiant of the elites who pays them. that Million dollar drug business after all is great loss for them. Anyways, when he said "son of a bitsh" directed to the "journalist" s provocative question many people mainly because of the media  twisting the truth, foreigners around the world thought he called Barack Obama a son of bitsh.

The direct quotes I was referring to are his quotes admitting to being a murderer. Once again, there is no twisting of his direct quotes.

Safe to assume you're going to continue to obfuscate and not address the fact that he admitted to murdering suspects who had not been convicted of anything?

If so, nice chatting with you.

Merry Xmas.

1 hour ago, BlackBeard said:

Just because he did something good doesn't excuse him for killing people. Remember these people are only SUSPECTED of committing crimes. He is no better than the drug kingpins.

9 minutes ago, CaptainCanuck001 said:

Just because he did something good doesn't excuse him for killing people. Remember these people are only SUSPECTED of committing crimes. He is no better than the drug kingpins.

Are you saying he killed drug lords?  Yes, that's despicable. B)  How about the American President giving the okay to bomb/blow up suspected terrorist cells in Syria/Iraq/Afghanistan?  

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Are you saying he killed drug lords?  Yes, that's despicable. B)  How about the American President giving the okay to bomb/blow up suspected terrorist cells in Syria/Iraq/Afghanistan?  

No, I'm saying he admitted to killing suspected criminals. Innocent until

proven guilty no? And no I don't agree with drone bombings. Way too many civilian casualties.

1 minute ago, CaptainCanuck001 said:

No, I'm saying he admitted to killing suspected criminals. Innocent until

proven guilty no? And no I don't agree with drone bombings. Way too many civilian casualties.

Sometimes good people do bad things, firmly believing they are doing what is for the greater good.  It's not right; it's just what is.  

On 15/12/2016 at 2:23 PM, nuckin_futz said:

The direct quotes I was referring to are his quotes admitting to being a murderer. Once again, there is no twisting of his direct quotes.

Safe to assume you're going to continue to obfuscate and not address the fact that he admitted to murdering suspects who had not been convicted of anything?

If so, nice chatting with you.

Merry Xmas.

http://www.dailytopmedia.com/2016/12/woman-duterte-saved-by-killing-her-3.html?m=1

President Rodrigo Duterte, in a press conference in Davao City, he revealed that the lady he saved from a kidnapping where he killed three of the kidnappers was now a doctor.

President Duterte cited that the lady and her boyfriend were snatched and the lady bought to Cotabato and sent feelers to her family demanding for a P2 million ransom.

The family of the lady reported the crime to Duterte and he planned to rescue with his police friends.

“So, on that fateful night, they were travelling. I was there with retired police Elson Estares and two others because they never expected that they would pass this way but they would return. It is not done. Usually if you pass in this area, you pass only once. You do not go back and…but the troops were there surrounding the house. So when we heard somebody inside, he’s a brave guy, Lima, he was the one I told. You go there because he was a shooter. I said could you take out three persons at one time, he said yes.”

“Okay you will be that inside the bedroom. And when she said the birdie, ‘birdie’ is safe. So they went down and it was covered by the televisions. The networks were just at the background. So, when they refused to stop, we saw a carbine pointed at us. We were parked nearby. So, the shooting started and I was one holding a…I was holding a .45 but you know, when I saw them coming back to our direction, I grabbed my M16, American-made, mind you…to kill criminals. Not extrajudicial, there was a firefight. And I said there were about only three of us there. So, I might have hit them all or none at all. But the fact is I was there and I fired at them. It was a pure case of kidnapping.”

“When I tell you now that I killed, do not term them as suspects because all of them died while they were fighting government people. What I said, what I related to you was this: they tried to escape with the money and we stopped them and we saw carbine, when the windows were open, carbine was pointed at us. That was not there, they were not suspects, I suppose. But by any amount of stretching the imagination, those are people who dared to fight the law. And because I had an M16, I carried one because Davao was then a wild country, I had to restore order and I took the bull by the horns.”

On 15/12/2016 at 6:14 PM, CaptainCanuck001 said:

I don't doubt that Duerte has good intentions to better his country, just the way he is going about it is uncivilized.

I don't know, he has approved 8billion pesos for college and university for free tuition. the relocation houses that were started from 3 years ago and was never touched, he finished it before Christmas. he had also opened and plan to open more rehabs around the country

the law allows the police/people to defend themselves, if their life is at risk. Those who are killed were the ones who had violently resisted arrest carrying a gun, now it's common sense if youd let the him/her shoot you

On 15/12/2016 at 6:17 PM, Alflives said:

I agree with you.  Power corrupts and all that.  

he's an old man, he's 72 yrs old, he said it himself, why would he even steal money when he has only about 10 years to live, and the fact that he had also been in public service for 40 years. He's also said in he's interviews that he's committed to living the rest of his life serving the country. 

On 2016-12-18 at 9:46 AM, BlackBeard said:

I don't know, he has approved 8billion pesos for college and university for free tuition. the relocation houses that were started from 3 years ago and was never touched, he finished it before Christmas. he had also opened and plan to open more rehabs around the country

the law allows the police/people to defend themselves, if their life is at risk. Those who are killed were the ones who had violently resisted arrest carrying a gun, now it's common sense if youd let the him/her shoot you

Cmon, your are telling me that since June 30, almost 6 thousand people have tried to kill police? What about the murders that aren't by the police, but by the death squads? How about a 7 year old boy who was killed by a stray bullet, was he trying to hurt the police? 

Stop being so obtuse on the matter.

Archived