The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Philippines announces alliance with China and Russia (Separates from alliance with America)

Rush17

A

frica President Magufuli and Mugabe,Praise Duterte,say he is a 'hero' and he is the most influential leader in the world.

Duterte instilled courage in the social and academic spheres of Africa,  the two Africa President said."

If it were not for his(Duterte's)culture of revolution and economic freedom we would not have understood the need to fight for economic freedom in our countries.

He indeed,instilled courage in us,"said President John Magufuli of Tanzania."Rodrigo Duterte is the most influential leader in the world.I can attest to this,"Magufuli added.

Content Adsense Ads

On his part,Zimbabwean President Robert Mugabe described Duterte as "the most courageous man who will not allow neocolonialism in his country.

"He congratulated him for his unrelenting efforts on war against drug.Mugabe said he has known Duterte since he was Mayor of Davao City,a highly urbanized city on Mindanao Island in the Philippines.Mugabe criticized the United States President for meddling in Philippines politics,"Obama should deal with the issues affecting US because America has more challenges than Philippines.He should leave Duterte alone.

" The two African Presidents spoke while attending the Africa United Summit (AU)in Cameron,West Africa. 

Content Adsense Ads 

1 hour ago, DefCon1 said:

I just think that people never look at the other side of the story and always think that US is right all the time. US has done a lot of $&!# but most people barely acknowledge that. The media also sensationalizes things a great deal and people think that there is a death squad running around in Manila killing people. The ironic thing is that US has problems with police brutality and killings of innocent people yet they are lecturing other countries about human rights. I was in Manila just one month ago and the city was just like any other normal city, there was no big violence or killings going on and I felt safer there than when I last visited the south side of Chicago.

What were you doing on the south side?

16 hours ago, DefCon1 said:

I doubt that will ever happen and even if the US declares the Philippines a danger zone, it would just only be a reduction of American visitors. But US is good at making lies just like the WMD that they never found in Iraq. In terms of tourism, the Philippine Islands have some of the best things nature has to offer and since its a tropical destination, the place basically sells itself as a tourist hotspot. Also the Philippines have a primarily English speaking population and the filipinos are also a friendly and hospitable bunch as I've been there a couple of times, so Its a great destination to travel to. I'd say its much safer than Central and South American countries and most African countries for travelling.

Probably safer than most U.S cities.

15 hours ago, BlackBeard said:

Yay. after reading people's comments on here I think the Media are successful in portraying Duterte as a mass killer. 49 murders and killings happening everyday before he became a president compare to 25 murders and killings now, and decreasing.

The drug addicts/pushers who are resisting arrest are the ones getting killed because of course the police have to protect themselves.

So all of the reports and paperwork detailing Duterte as being part of extrajudicial death squads where numerous people have come forward who said they worked with him removing people from the landscape are false?  Over or around 50 people attributed to having gone "missing" from dozens of sources and numerous high ranking former officials?

All of the reports and paperwork from 1988 to roughly 2012?

From the philippine government, co-workers etc?

All lies?

I guess the Davao death squads were figments of everyone's imaginations then 

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/09/15/494086964/former-hitman-accuses-philippine-president-of-ordering-carrying-out-killings

http://scroll.in/latest/816611/philippines-president-rodrigo-duterte-killed-justice-department-official-alleges-former-assassin

http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/15/asia/philippines-duterte-senate-hearing/

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2016/09/witness-links-duterte-mosque-bombing-killings-160915030009960.html

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/philippines-president-rodrigo-duterte-ordered-death-squads-bomb-mosques-kill-muslims-political-a7308951.html

And soooo many more reports of him doing just that.

While he is a refreshingly honest person to see in power anywhere.  Pretending he isn't or wasn't involved in using heavy handed techniques is a bit silly.  I personally like him.  And while I am not acquainted with the area like some are, the sheer amount of data about his past is undeniable.

We could use a guy like him in more than a few countries these days

18 hours ago, Rush17 said:

I think India would be one of the major remaining players. I'm not sure where they stand. They have one of the largest armies in the world.  Hopefully nothing like that ever comes to pass. I can imagine the west losing control over the world would certainly be a reasonable cause for most western countries to go to war.

India has already said they can't keep up to China in military build up by themselves and were looking to form a coalition with other countries to balance the scales

5 hours ago, Warhippy said:

So all of the reports and paperwork detailing Duterte as being part of extrajudicial death squads where numerous people have come forward who said they worked with him removing people from the landscape are false?  Over or around 50 people attributed to having gone "missing" from dozens of sources and numerous high ranking former officials?

All of the reports and paperwork from 1988 to roughly 2012?

From the philippine government, co-workers etc?

All lies?

I guess the Davao death squads were figments of everyone's imaginations then 

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/09/15/494086964/former-hitman-accuses-philippine-president-of-ordering-carrying-out-killings

http://scroll.in/latest/816611/philippines-president-rodrigo-duterte-killed-justice-department-official-alleges-former-assassin

http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/15/asia/philippines-duterte-senate-hearing/

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2016/09/witness-links-duterte-mosque-bombing-killings-160915030009960.html

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/philippines-president-rodrigo-duterte-ordered-death-squads-bomb-mosques-kill-muslims-political-a7308951.html

And soooo many more reports of him doing just that.

While he is a refreshingly honest person to see in power anywhere.  Pretending he isn't or wasn't involved in using heavy handed techniques is a bit silly.  I personally like him.  And while I am not acquainted with the area like some are, the sheer amount of data about his past is undeniable.

We could use a guy like him in more than a few countries these days

Numerous? Yet he was not convicted or anything and the people in the city where he used to be a mayor, which has one of the lowest crime rates in the Philippines, could only say good things about him.

I think some UN and US agents also came down to investigate this death squad allegations before but they found nothing.

I think it is great that you did do some research, but I think youre only looking at the media side of the story which is out to get him. you have no idea how many times he is quoted out of context and how his speeches were edited to sound something different than what he actually meant, I know this because I do speak Filipino. 

And if you are going to accuse the President of EJK then I think you need to know how deep the drug system is in the Philippines that even Police Generals from previous administration and some current senators are turning out to be drug protectors. The president has declared war against drugs in his country not with any foreign countries

20 hours ago, DefCon1 said:

I was just visiting a relative of mine but I was pretty scared going out of their house at nights. Next time, I will probably tell them to visit me instead haha

Yeah, South side can be rough, I only go there to watch Sox play.

Otherwise north side, downtown and lakefront, that is about it.

On 10/21/2016 at 8:16 PM, DefCon1 said:

Actually in recent years, there has been more Chinese, South Korean and Japanese tourists as compared to Americans. There were also lots of tourists from Australia the last time I visited Boracay. There are lots of American tourists too but it wouldn't be as devastating to the Philippines even if you cut the number of US tourists in half. In fact, lots of filipinos now apply to work in Saudi Arabia and other places in the middle east so the dependency on US relations is less important compared to decades ago. Although Duterte has cut economic and military ties with US, it doesn't mean that they have cut their relations with US. It just means that the Philippines would do more trades and business with China which actually makes sense if you think about it. Even Canada is doing lots of trades and business with China nowadays. 

US is still 2nd in number of people visiting.  The amount has risen every year.  China is 3rd.  SK is 1st.  Japan is 4th.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tourism_in_the_Philippines

17 hours ago, BlackBeard said:

Numerous? Yet he was not convicted or anything and the people in the city where he used to be a mayor, which has one of the lowest crime rates in the Philippines, could only say good things about him.

I think some UN and US agents also came down to investigate this death squad allegations before but they found nothing.

I think it is great that you did do some research, but I think youre only looking at the media side of the story which is out to get him. you have no idea how many times he is quoted out of context and how his speeches were edited to sound something different than what he actually meant, I know this because I do speak Filipino. 

And if you are going to accuse the President of EJK then I think you need to know how deep the drug system is in the Philippines that even Police Generals from previous administration and some current senators are turning out to be drug protectors. The president has declared war against drugs in his country not with any foreign countries

Not convicted of anything...why do people continue to say this?

The amount of guilty people in this world that are free yet not convicted is ridiculous.  most of them either wealthy, well placed or powerful.

Using actual charges in a country with a spotty criminal justice system is a bit far off.  Using actual jail time as a measure of guilt is even more far off.

Like I said, I actually like him.  But he is FAR from some wilting daisy.  When the people he worked for spoke up, the people he worked with spoke up and the people who hid from him spoke up and that number continues to grow; I find that to hold more bearing than "criminal charges"

Again, as I said in "that other thread" people expecting admissions of guilt are out to lunch.  Nobody is going to jeopardize their station in life by openly admitting to wrong doings; whether they are/were for good or ill

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

Not convicted of anything...why do people continue to say this?

The amount of guilty people in this world that are free yet not convicted is ridiculous.  most of them either wealthy, well placed or powerful.

Using actual charges in a country with a spotty criminal justice system is a bit far off.  Using actual jail time as a measure of guilt is even more far off.

Like I said, I actually like him.  But he is FAR from some wilting daisy.  When the people he worked for spoke up, the people he worked with spoke up and the people who hid from him spoke up and that number continues to grow; I find that to hold more bearing than "criminal charges"

Again, as I said in "that other thread" people expecting admissions of guilt are out to lunch.  Nobody is going to jeopardize their station in life by openly admitting to wrong doings; whether they are/were for good or ill

Well hip as you know they're using that excuse in certain other threads..It really is last resort argument in my opinion.

As for this Philippines bit, aren't U.S troops stationed in that Country? Do you really think they will just leave?

Furthermore this guy keeps talking in circles, I don't really understand his end game, do you? I understand he may hate Americans, however he has threatened U.S forces which is a dangerous move in my opinion and that Country does gain lots of revenue from the U.S, can they afford to toss that away?

Maybe this guy is nuts?? Is he killing just drug dealers and thugs or is he killing anyone he wants? Tbh I haven't fully followed this ongoing strange story.

3 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

Well hip as you know they're using that excuse in certain other threads..It really is last resort argument in my opinion.

As for this Philippines bit, aren't U.S troops stationed in that Country? Do you really think they will just leave?

Furthermore this guy keeps talking in circles, I don't really understand his end game, do you? I understand he may hate Americans, however he has threatened U.S forces which is a dangerous move in my opinion and that Country does gain lots of revenue from the U.S, can they afford to toss that away?

Maybe this guy is nuts?? Is he killing just drug dealers and thugs or is he killing anyone he wants? Tbh I haven't fully followed this ongoing strange story.

He hasn't tossed away US relations, he is more likely going to do business and trades with china and try to repair the relationship with China and resolve the South China Sea issue at hand. He said that he wants a foreign policy that isn't dictated by US. Philippines will still be a US ally but they won't be as close as previous years. I think its smart thinking on Duterte's part to have better relationship with China since they are their close neighbours and its always better to have neighbours that agree with you and respect you. The talks are that China and Japan will be building a lot of infrastructures in the Philippines and will shape the future of Philippines moving forward. Japan is helping Manila to build a highspeed train and China will also be helping out on other projects in the near future. 

24 minutes ago, DefCon1 said:

He hasn't tossed away US relations, he is more likely going to do business and trades with china and try to repair the relationship with China and resolve the South China Sea issue at hand. He said that he wants a foreign policy that isn't dictated by US. Philippines will still be a US ally but they won't be as close as previous years. I think its smart thinking on Duterte's part to have better relationship with China since they are their close neighbours and its always better to have neighbours that agree with you and respect you. The talks are that China and Japan will be building a lot of infrastructures in the Philippines and will shape the future of Philippines moving forward. Japan is helping Manila to build a highspeed train and China will also be helping out on other projects in the near future. 

If this is his plan then yes I would agree with him. It just seems when I read about him, he is going on rants and saying outlandish comments only to calm down day's later. Sounds like Trump. Lol.

1 hour ago, Ryan Strome said:

If this is his plan then yes I would agree with him. It just seems when I read about him, he is going on rants and saying outlandish comments only to calm down day's later. Sounds like Trump. Lol.

As was pointed out.

"Media"

When you control the news you can make anyone look good/bad

7 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

US doesn't want to be criticized on their actions but they criticized other countries actions as if it's theirs and they know what's going on in that country. 

What pisses Duterte off is that where were the US, the UN when the killings and murders were twice as high during the previous administrations and the victims were children getting raped, killed and thrown in the ditch, family members of drug addicts who killed their father or mother because they thought they were monsters, and the gang for hire groups who kills people for 10k pesos ($1=40 pesos).

Apparently the UN and the US gives more crap when the people that are dying were drug addicts/pushers who had to be killed because of their violent resistance when being arrested, and the suspected drug pushers and addicts who were killed by their own sources (boss) to silence them.

Archived