The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Philippines announces alliance with China and Russia (Separates from alliance with America)

Rush17

2 hours ago, DefCon1 said:

Hmmmm...I don't think so. I think Americans or any other nationalities would still visit the thousand islands of the Philippines.

Many would I'm sure, but even cutting the number of tourists from the US in half would hurt the Filipinos working in that industry and many jobs would be lost.

With Duterte killing people and allowing the murder of others via simple accusation.

All the US has to do is declare the Philippines a danger zone and restrict travel.  Then via unilateral agreements with South Korea have them do the same and watch travel/tourism drop from each country by a collective 70% plus.

The funny thing about this world is, the more global it gets.  The less people welcome each other.

4 hours ago, DefCon1 said:

I wonder who would be nannies, nurses or housekeepers if there were no Filipinos in US? ;)  There are just a lot of Filipino nurses in US and Canada. 

I could see that.  By their government rules they need a full college education to leave and work elsewhere.  

us enters south Asia sea. China gives heavy warning  (get out)

https://www.yahoo.com/news/exclusive-u-carries-freedom-navigation-operation-south-china-133448275.html

demonstrators burn us flag.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/philippines-protest-us-embassy-manila-demonstrators-burn-flag-police-van/

$&!# is getting intense over there. 

11 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

us enters south Asia sea. China gives heavy warning  (get out)

https://www.yahoo.com/news/exclusive-u-carries-freedom-navigation-operation-south-china-133448275.html

demonstrators burn us flag.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/philippines-protest-us-embassy-manila-demonstrators-burn-flag-police-van/

$&!# is getting intense over there. 

No offense to any Americans, but your Political Leaders are so @$$-backwards it's not even funny. The only country in the world that builds bases all over the world, and they moan and b!tch about China patroling the South China Sea. If Russia or China were in their waters there wouldn't be warnings, there would be bodies and bombs. Hypocrital to the point of insanity. They've gotten waaay to arrogant and aggressive. I'm all for peace and equality, and I understand that China isn't innocent here, but what the USA is doing is wrong on so many levels. 

1 hour ago, Fantomex said:

No offense to any Americans, but your Political Leaders are so @$$-backwards it's not even funny. The only country in the world that builds bases all over the world, and they moan and b!tch about China patroling the South China Sea. If Russia or China were in their waters there wouldn't be warnings, there would be bodies and bombs. Hypocrital to the point of insanity. They've gotten waaay to arrogant and aggressive. I'm all for peace and equality, and I understand that China isn't innocent here, but what the USA is doing is wrong on so many levels. 

Except that China doesn't have ownership of the entire South China Sea.  

What the US did was perfectly legal under the Freedom of Navigation rules set by the International Community. 

It'll be like me driving past your house, but you claiming that you own the road and that I'm trespassing on your property.  No sane person will agree with your assessment.... much like how no country in the world is recognizing China's "historical" claims.  

Just now, Lancaster said:

Except that China doesn't have ownership of the entire South China Sea.  

What the US did was perfectly legal under the Freedom of Navigation rules set by the International Community. 

It'll be like me driving past your house, but you claiming that you own the road and that I'm trespassing on your property.  No sane person will agree with your assessment.... much like how no country in the world is recognizing China's "historical" claims.  

I'm not saying China is right or has any legal ground to stand on. I'm saying if the shoe was on the other foot, the USA wouldn't "ask them to leave". They'd bomb them into oblivion. Name another country that has warships and military bases around the globe? Name another country that sticks their nose in other countries business to the extent of the USA? They're war mongers. Look at their history, it's bloody and violent. No other country has the track record of starting wars on foreign soil like the USA. 

1 hour ago, Fantomex said:

I'm not saying China is right or has any legal ground to stand on. I'm saying if the shoe was on the other foot, the USA wouldn't "ask them to leave". They'd bomb them into oblivion. Name another country that has warships and military bases around the globe? Name another country that sticks their nose in other countries business to the extent of the USA? They're war mongers. Look at their history, it's bloody and violent. No other country has the track record of starting wars on foreign soil like the USA. 

Perhaps you can argue either way, but that is completely irrelevant to this situation.  The US isn't provoking anything.  They're just exercising what's legal as stated by the United Nations.  If China have an issue, they can bring it up with the UN... but they won't because they know they have no leg to stand upon.  

The USA are sticking up for their allies, because that's what allies do.  If anything, it's China acting all aggressive in the region.  Sailing almost right beside the Senkaku Islands, creating artificial islands, harassing other nations' fishing vessels.  If you're mad at any country right now, it's the PRC, no the USA.  

The Russian navy has sailed in the Gulf of Mexico before.  Since I'm able to post here, the US didn't launch some missiles at those vessels, starting WW3.

10 hours ago, DefCon1 said:

Don't forget North Korea who has nukes. Essentially its China, Russia, Syria, Iran, North Korea and the Philippines. They might not have the military technology that US has but their Nukes and huge number of soldiers they can put on the field, sea and air would make World War 2 look like child's play. They can essentially have a combined 300 million or more soldiers, same number as the American population.

I think India would be one of the major remaining players. I'm not sure where they stand. They have one of the largest armies in the world.  Hopefully nothing like that ever comes to pass. I can imagine the west losing control over the world would certainly be a reasonable cause for most western countries to go to war.

2 hours ago, Fantomex said:

A voice of reason. Here, here. I roll on credit, but plusses are in the pipeline.

Oh, btw that Ukraine situation is a bloody mess. Guess WHO started that fiasco?

Isn't there something in history about the vulnerability with 2-front wars?

Syria

Iraq

Libya

Afghanistan

Israel(& all their enemies)

Ukraine

North Korea

South China Sea

How many sh*t sandwiches does the perfect picnic require? Hell inna' handbasket, is what this is.

4 hours ago, Fantomex said:

So Chinese expansionism doesn't concern you?  China is not patrolling the South China Sea.  They are building "islands" for the sole purpose of claiming international waters as their own.  Who else is willing to stand up to China?  The UN is weak, arguably pointless.

Russia has often sent ships into US territory, and China did so as recent as 2015.  Nothing was blown up, no one was killed.  No insane hypocrisy here.

I'm not going to claim that the US has been angelic in recent decades.  However, I'd much rather have bases in important areas if it helps reduce the needs for another D-Day in the future.  

On what level was this latest event wrong?

7 hours ago, Warhippy said:

With Duterte killing people and allowing the murder of others via simple accusation.

All the US has to do is declare the Philippines a danger zone and restrict travel.  Then via unilateral agreements with South Korea have them do the same and watch travel/tourism drop from each country by a collective 70% plus.

The funny thing about this world is, the more global it gets.  The less people welcome each other.

I doubt that will ever happen and even if the US declares the Philippines a danger zone, it would just only be a reduction of American visitors. But US is good at making lies just like the WMD that they never found in Iraq. In terms of tourism, the Philippine Islands have some of the best things nature has to offer and since its a tropical destination, the place basically sells itself as a tourist hotspot. Also the Philippines have a primarily English speaking population and the filipinos are also a friendly and hospitable bunch as I've been there a couple of times, so Its a great destination to travel to. I'd say its much safer than Central and South American countries and most African countries for travelling.

9 hours ago, SabreFan1 said:

Many would I'm sure, but even cutting the number of tourists from the US in half would hurt the Filipinos working in that industry and many jobs would be lost.

Actually in recent years, there has been more Chinese, South Korean and Japanese tourists as compared to Americans. There were also lots of tourists from Australia the last time I visited Boracay. There are lots of American tourists too but it wouldn't be as devastating to the Philippines even if you cut the number of US tourists in half. In fact, lots of filipinos now apply to work in Saudi Arabia and other places in the middle east so the dependency on US relations is less important compared to decades ago. Although Duterte has cut economic and military ties with US, it doesn't mean that they have cut their relations with US. It just means that the Philippines would do more trades and business with China which actually makes sense if you think about it. Even Canada is doing lots of trades and business with China nowadays. 

12 hours ago, DefCon1 said:

I think you haven't visited China yet, my friend. There are a lot of business people going to China from the Middle east. My cousin who got his law degree in Calgary and passed the bar exam actually decided to move to China and create a business. Heck, his brother is making $3000 USD tax free and only working 2-3 days per week "tutoring" children who have not learned English. China's economy is growing and Philippines economy is also one of the fastest growing economies in Asia. 

Yes and I recognize that, But!........What I am talking about is high school educated filiphino's.......every country welcomes highly educated people.......but the those with modest education go to countries where they can earn the most

Now yes the Chinese economy was growing fast, but the average income is 1/4 that of average Canadians, filiphino's  make less in their own country....

No one is saying it is good, no one is saying it is fair.....but that is the reality

Example...my youngest son is growing the fastest in our family, but is still the shortest, and may aways be....but the fact is he is still the shortest Now! 

Just want to say, although my comment may have sounded rude......I love all people equally, all people have the same potential, given the same opertunity. In equality which I believe, there isn't any men or women, nor black or white...just people

I am only talking about economics and it's reality.........PEACE! 

8 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Yay. after reading people's comments on here I think the Media are successful in portraying Duterte as a mass killer. 49 murders and killings happening everyday before he became a president compare to 25 murders and killings now, and decreasing.

The drug addicts/pushers who are resisting arrest are the ones getting killed because of course the police have to protect themselves.

On 20/10/2016 at 4:32 PM, Screw said:

Philippines has almost reached the bombing threshold.

Image result for the bomb meme

Duterte was expecting support from the US and thought that he had to do what he has been doing which is abolishing the drug trade and getting to its roots, but instead they showed him displeasure and invited him to lecture him about human rights. Of course Duterte felt disrespected, he used to be a lawyer who knows the law, so he felt as if he was being told what to do and that's where the rift is. 

the US, the Un were quite when the numbers of killing was twice as much as the numbers now which mostly included children's and ride in tandem assassinations compare to the people that are dying now who are mostly suspected drug users and pushers getting killed by their boss and drug users/pushers resisting arrest

Duterte: US took American bombing suspect from Davao City in 2002

Published October 22, 2016 12:52am
Updated October 22, 2016 6:42am

The United States disrespected the Philippines when supposed US Embassy officials took an American bombing suspect from a Davao City hospital and brought him out of the country, said President Rodrigo Duterte.

"Binastos tayo ng America," said the President during a press conference at the Davao International Airport late Friday evening.

He was referring to Michael Terrence Meiring, who in 2002 was charged with possession of explosives but was able to leave the country.

Duterte, who was Davao City mayor at that time, related that after the explosion at the Evergreen Hotel in Davao City Meiring was brought to the hospital.

US Embassy officials, carrying a citation, arrived and took custody of Meiring explaining that the suspect will be brought to Makati Medical Center for treatment.

"But what they did is fly out to Singapore and then to the United States. To this day parang Batman and Robin mystery, no explanation," said Duterte.

The President also mentioned that he had a meeting with former US Embassador Francis Ricciardone, who was accompanied by an aide.

"They promised they will conduct a full investigation. Hanggang ngayon wala akong natanggap, maski note man lamang," the President sad.

It was at this point that Duterte became emotional, saying that with this the United States showed disrespect.

He underscored that this was a disrespect to the sovereignty of the country.

"Kung tayong ginagawa sa atin, there was not even an apology sa atin," he said.

"Kaya ako galit, kasi binastos nila ako. Is that mutual respect? It has not appeased me at all," he added. — Bernadette A. Parco/NB, GMA News

I just think that people never look at the other side of the story and always think that US is right all the time. US has done a lot of $&!# but most people barely acknowledge that. The media also sensationalizes things a great deal and people think that there is a death squad running around in Manila killing people. The ironic thing is that US has problems with police brutality and killings of innocent people yet they are lecturing other countries about human rights. I was in Manila just one month ago and the city was just like any other normal city, there was no big violence or killings going on and I felt safer there than when I last visited the south side of Chicago.

Archived