The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jason Garrison with the dirtiest play I've seen a long time.

Mathew Barzal

Looks bad, but probably was just getting his balance and didn't mean to do it. And still, barely phased the other player.

As far as hurting another player, the dirty slashes to the hands that Suter and Staal put on Gaudreau did far more damage.

22 minutes ago, D-Money said:

Looks bad, but probably was just getting his balance and didn't mean to do it. And still, barely phased the other player.

As far as hurting another player, the dirty slashes to the hands that Suter and Staal put on Gaudreau did far more damage.

Cuz he was wearing a helmet. If that hits an unprotected part of the head, that's possibly as much damage as Marty on Brashear (obviously it can vary a lot though). 

Dirty slashes to the hand can't potentially lead to concussion issues that could potentially end a player's career and affect them even after their done playing hockey. that's the difference and it's a big one.

Where was this mean streak from Garrison when he played for the Canucks? Dude was a teddy bear when he was here. 

25 minutes ago, D-Money said:

That's what I was hoping when I watched it, but the way he winds up it can't be anything but intentional. Maybe he didn't mean to smoke him in the head, but he definitely wound up to strike. In what situation do you swing your arm like you're hurling a discus that to regain balance? Plus. watch him "set" his elbow right before the strike. EDIT: by "set" I mean square his arm up perpendicular to the ice. Only reason to do that is to maximize momentum toward the helmet or wherever he was aiming.

And the ref: "Good good, play on"

2 minutes ago, Green Building said:

That's what I was hoping when I watched it, but the way he winds up it can't be anything but intentional. Maybe he didn't mean to smoke him in the head, but he definitely wound up to strike. In what situation do you swing your arm like you're hurling a discus that to regain balance? Plus. watch him "set" his elbow right before the strike. EDIT: by "set" I mean square his arm up perpendicular to the ice. Only reason to do that is to maximize momentum toward the helmet or wherever he was aiming.

What time of the game did this happen? I didn't watch it, but i saw other highlights and it was a pretty dirty game in general which just leads me more to believe than garrison just ended up crossing the line. That was extremely dirty. i don't know what got into him. 

2 minutes ago, The Weasel said:

What time of the game did this happen? I didn't watch it, but i saw other highlights and it was a pretty dirty game in general which just leads me more to believe than garrison just ended up crossing the line. That was extremely dirty. i don't know what got into him. 

I don't know exactly what time, but this was the first of the dirty plays as near as I can tell. The game may have had a certain energy that led to this, but this I think was the first one to cross the line. I'll stand corrected if someone, er, corrects me.

Holy cow, just watched a couple of the high lights from that came and JT Brown of TB was on the rampage at the end of the game.  First nails Josi in the head with about 6 minutes left, then has a complete overreaction/meltdown when Ellis accidentally runs into him with about a minute left.  I'd expect the DPoS comes calling which means they won't.

Overreaction here

1 hour ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

that ellis hit was beautiful LOL brown all salty cause he got schooled there

Must be the after effects of that super moon around here or something.

that play was clearly interference. the puck wasn't anywhere near Brown. the only sad part is Ellis didn't lose a few teeth from the knuckle sandwich he got, to teach him a lesson on how not to be a #@ing coward. 
I can tell you, if you did that to me on the ice, you'd wake up wondering where you were. 

Archived