The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Anton Rodin | RW/LW

b3.

I swear to god if Rodin gets scratched again... I will personally hunt down Arniel and have a nice sophisticated chat with him about why he chooses to do so.

Seriously though after his last game I really hope he gets a stretch of at least 3 or 4 games in the top six to show what he's got.

• Upvote 1

Well he better keep the Sterling, Longpre, Rodin line together for a bit.

Yep, it would make sense given his production with those two. Was he on that line again today?

Rodiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin!!! with the tying goal tonight!

atta boy, glad to see him heating up 4 points in the last 2 games now

It's sweet to see him finally get his first goal. Should've had one earlier on this season if it weren't for Desbiens' stupidity.

^ I like Tanev's fake there, I don't think anyone, player or fan expected that out of him. Stoked for tomorrow night, let's go Wolves!

Yeah I was surprised. Happily surprised. Tanev is coming along real nicely, and it's nice to see Rodin heating up, hopefully he can maintain some consistency from this, and not a tail off and go into a slump later on.

Can't wait for tomorrow's game! :towel:

really wonder with rodin where he would be if he didnt have that brutal shoulder-growth problem that prevented him from working out for almost 2.5years. Nice to see him play like we all saw at the world juniors where he was a force.

• 1 month later...

With the team needing offensive help due to the Kesler and Booth injuries, does Rodin have any chance of making an impact? Be nice if the former 2nd rounder could show something.

Well former 2nd rounder's Mason Raymond and Bill Sweatt and former 1st Rounder's Zack Kassian and Jordan Schroeder are ahead of him on the depth chart.

Raymond is 27 years old. No longer a prospect and has scored more than 15 goals in a season once in his career. You are really stretching if you consider him a bonafide top 6 forward.

Be nice if one or two of these other guys were actually showing that they could push for a job. Nothing indicates they are ready to do that.

Edited by JyrkiBeefLumme

Raymond is 27 years old. No longer a prospect and has scored more than 15 goals in a season once in his career. You are really stretching if you consider him a bonafide top 6 forward.

Be nice if one or two of these other guys were actually showing that they could push for a job. Nothing indicates they are ready to do that.

You never said anything about prospects.

All you said was "Does Rodin have a chance of making an impact. Be nice if the former second rounder could show something"

The answer is NO, because other Canucks who were drafted either in the same round or higher are better than him, absolutely no surprise in that. Higher picks are expected to be better and they are proving it.

With the team needing offensive help due to the Kesler and Booth injuries, does Rodin have any chance of making an impact? Be nice if the former 2nd rounder could show something.

No, only because he's not good enough, he's not even good enough to play on our 3rd line. Now we know why he's struggling this year, and I now I totally understand why he's been scratched so often this season.

No, only because he's not good enough, he's not even good enough to play on our 3rd line. Now we know why he's struggling this year, and I now I totally understand why he's been scratched so often this season.

I don't watch him regularly but it seems to me that his junior success came from outside speed. I don't see a lot of that in his AHL games. The pro game simply shuts him down to easily. Not looking good even if he is still young.