The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canada vs. Sweden | Semifinal | Jan. 04 | 4:30 PM PT

2 minutes ago, oldnews said:

not sure if serious but there are probably more than you realize....

Slater Koekkoek 2012

Sean Monahan 2013

Michael Dal Colle 2014

And regardless, this has very little to do with the fact that playing in the WJC is nothing like a ticket to the NHL.

Not draft picks, NHL points

I never claimed it was, it was a conversation about late round picks playing in the world juniors that you took out of context to get your snarky comment of the night in.

But I'm done, it's old news now

25 minutes ago, Davathor said:

Ok I've got the recent prospects/players, like 2012 plus

Jensen

Demko

Tryamkin

Baertchi

Granlund

Forsling

Good lord Canucks need to draft better...bae/gran were cowgary at the time too.

2 minutes ago, Davathor said:

Not draft picks, NHL points

I never claimed it was, it was a conversation about late round picks playing in the world juniors that you took out of context to get your snarky comment of the night in.

But I'm done, it's old news now

Where is the out of context part?

Your comment was that the team needs to draft better - as if draft success is indicated by players in the WJC.

One of the tournament's all time leading scorers was a Canucks pick - Jordan Schroeder -  who has done little in the NHL.

Cody Hodgson = likewise.

This tournament is not a prerequisite to being a successful NHLer - and playing in it doesn't really guarantee a player or the team that drafted them anything.

2 minutes ago, Beary Sweet said:

Yeah. Flyers have drafted real well regarding their goaltending depth. They have Hart at the other end who looks like a keeper

Goalies are tricky to predict, more the merrier I suppose. I think the Flyers and Lightning lead the tourney in prospects attending. There'e a couple other teams that slip my mind, but it tells me that I'd still like the Canucks to draft a little more. 

Archived