The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Time for Tankers to face the TRUTH.

hearditall

8 minutes ago, hearditall said:

All's I've ever said was that I'm a Fan not a complainer/whiner about a this team. That means I believe In Trevor Linden & Jim Benning from the get go. Whatever their plan was I was ALWAYS on board cause I BELIEVED in THEM from THE BEGINNING. Loved the JB signing.

I've never said we are a Cup Contender or would even Make the Playoffs. I said we would be in contention for a Wild Card Spot. That I've stated MANY TIMES... Proofs in the MANY Quotes if U wish to look them up...

Everyone knows Sedins, Burrows, Miller, etc. have a shelf life. :shock: You're not the only one. Vets do bring things to the table guys like U don't see believe it or not...:shock:

So you made a thread about how tankers need to face the TRUTH that you're a fan?  I thought it was that Canucks were in the playoffs in January so the fans that wanted a real rebuild were wrong. 

Here's some more Facts for the Young that think Drafting in Vancouver was ever any better than NOW...

Been through every draft Since the 70's. 

More like we haven't drafted worth a lick in the 1st round except a few years. (Sedins, Kesler, Ohlund, Trev?, Neely, Horvat, )

Here's some duffs for proof, & No it wasn't cause of development Cause guys like Naslund for Stojonov proved that & Nedved over Many inc. JAGR also did that.

Here U go kids: 

1979- R.Vaive #5 (R.Bourque #8)

1980- R.Lanz #7 (B.Sutter #17)

1981- G.Butcher #10 ( A.MacInnis #15 Chelios#)

1982- M.Petit #11 (D.Andreychuk #16)

1983- C.Neely #9 (NOT HERE...)

1984- JJ.Daigneault #10 (S.Cote #11, G.Roberts #12, K.Hatcher #17)

1985- J.Sandlak #4 (Ulf DAHLEN #7)

1986- D.Woodley #7 (B.Leetch #9, S.Young #11)

1987- R.Murphy #24 (J.LeClair #33, E.Desjardins #37)

1988- T. Linden #2 No complaints but just saying? (J.Roenick #8, R.Brind'Amour, T.Selanne #9)

1989- J.Herter #8 (B.Holik #10, M.Sillinger #11)

1990- P.Nedved #2 OUCH... (Primeau #3, M.Ricci #4, J.JAGR #5, Sydor #7, Hatcher #8, Tkatchuk, Brodeur)  

1991- A.Stojonov #7 (Lapointe #9, Rolson #10, Kovalev #15, NASLUND #16,)

1992- L.Polasek #21

1993- M.Wilson #20 (S.Koivu #21, T.BERTUZZI #23)

1994- M.Ohlund #15 (YAHHH)

1995- C.McAllister

1996- J.Holden #12 (D.Morris #13, Zubrus #15, D.Briere #24)

1997- B.Ference #10 (M.Hossa #12)

1998- B.Allen #4

1999- D&H SEDIN #2 & #3 (P.Stefan #1, P.Brendl #4)

2000- N.Smith #23 (S.Ott #25, J.Williams #28)

Jensen

Schroeder

P.White

etc., etc., etc...

JB is Stocking the Prospects up as good as anyone ever has...

7 hours ago, hearditall said:

:sadno:  No that was all the Tankers.

Hows My Man JB doing now...

His game plan from day #1 is starting to see light to even the Tankers...:towel:

NO

The owners are getting out of the way and the "TANK" is finally on. It should have been started two years ago.

Even Benning came out admitted that it is time and he said " He was patient with the players but the time has come".tank1.jpg.c44e03665b59c1dca061cf9d71644c41.jpg  

:P:rolleyes:

On 2/27/2017 at 4:23 PM, appleboy said:

We won't be getting any draft picks at the deadline. The mumps scare will ruin our deadline. I just can't see any GM touching our players.

Our players have been "touched" big time.:P

Most GMs are pretty savvy when it comes down to it. It's the mumps, not the plague.

They will need a coach that is willing to play the youth.

WD will show his true colors moving forward. He was asked if he would be putting Goldobin in the top six and he said maybe the top 9. This kid will only excel if he is in an offensive role.

3 minutes ago, alfstonker said:

Our players have been "touched" big time.:P

Most GMs are pretty savvy when it comes down to it. It's the mumps, not the plague.

I am pleasantly surprised. I guess I am just used to things going wrong.

7 hours ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Agree, We should have tanked 2 years ago.  I remember being at the summer season ticket holder summit in Aug 2 years ago and some ticket holders took to the podium to demand they trade assets and tank as the prospect pool was ripe with great picks.   So what did the AQUA-LINI's do, they forced TL and JB to try to keep the dream alive with some half baked attempt of making the playoffs.   The facts as we all know them now and some knew then, is that we should have traded our assets years ago, instead of waiting until we were painted in a corner getting crumbs and bags of hockey pucks for some of our former talented players or seeing many just walk off in the sunset FOR NOTHING.

Where is the accountability for this failure?   Where?  In the normal world the buck stops with the owners.  In many peoples opinion it's no different with the Canucks.   The AQUA-LINI's should sell this team to owners that are committed to victory and not use the team as a tax write-off against a booming real-estate portfolio.  The Aqua-lini's have tried and failed. END OF STORY.  Time for new ownership.

WHAT?

"2 years ago our prospect pool was ripe with GREAT prospects"? Are we still talking about Vancouver here or have I walked into an Oiler's forum by mistake. I stopped reading after that piece of hallucination.

You haven't a clue what you are talking about, that is pretty obvious. 

JB has had to manufacture prospects out of thin air and the ones we have Stecher, Tryamkin, Hutton - no one could have called them "great" even now, never mind 2 years ago. Only Bo was a pretty good prospect who has worked hard these last 2 years and now looks like he might be elite before long, the rest were either nowhere near ready or not able to even get into the show.

Benning has done this the right way and almost the only way, given our lack of resources and ageing core.

And lay off the owners unless you can prove some of the garbage you are libelling them with.

4 hours ago, hearditall said:

Been through every draft Since the 70's. 

You are not the only one who has been here since the beginning. Most of the tank crowd were unhappy with Benning because they were trying to piece together a sinking ship. Not because of his drafting. He has shown to me that he will be able to rebuild through the draft. I just want more and as high as  possible. Getting as high in the draft is important and yes I know that the lotto makes it no guaranty to the get top pick. You forget that your draft position transfers down through out rounds. A 36th pick is better than a 48th pick and so on.

You just need to get on the tank waggon and go for the ride.

You know you want to!  :rolleyes:

4 minutes ago, alfstonker said:

WHAT?

"2 years ago our prospect pool was ripe with GREAT prospects"? Are we still talking about Vancouver here or have I walked into an Oiler's forum by mistake. I stopped reading after that piece of hallucination.

JB has had to manufacture prospects out of thin air and the ones we have Stecher, Tryamkin, Hutton - no one could have called them "great" even now, never mind 2 years ago. Only Bo was a pretty good prospect who has worked hard these last 2 years and now looks like he might be elite before long, the rest were either nowhere near ready or not able to even get into the show.

Benning has done this the right way and almost the only way, given our lack of resources and ageing core.

And lay off the owners unless you can prove some of the garbage you are libelling them with.

So you don't think the tear down rebuild should have started the first year JB arrived?  

5 hours ago, CanadianRugby said:

You're either delusional or one of those people that never admits they're wrong.  After the Hansen trade Benning said that he gave a shot at going for it with the Sedins, he's been patient and that time is done.  So that's why he's trading vets away for future players.  Instead of trading prospects and picks for vets like Sutter, Prust, Dorsett. 

Your whole thread is about how stupid some Canuck fans were that wanted a "real" rebuild were.  Because the Canucks were in a playoff spot on January 6th, as if that meant something. 

You said, "winning environment which is crucial for success. Not quitting."   Well, the Canucks don't have a winning environment, and they quit on this season.  Which is what everyone that knows anything about hockey wanted them to do from the very start.  Looks like the "so called experts" were right, and you were dead wrong in both your assessment of the team and saying stupid things like you're only a real fan if you're not on board with a total rebuild.  It's ok, you can admit you were wrong.  It's what adults do. 

Excellent post CR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's time for the tear it back to the foundation rebuild (actually it was time after 2012).  Thank Goodness we are doing now, what should have been begun then.  Better late than getting stuck FOREVER in the middle.  Plenty of picks, and the higher the better.  Sell Sell Sell!!!!!!

6 minutes ago, alfstonker said:

WHAT?

It is not unreasonable to think that management sets the agenda. It is their business and their money. It is not out  there to think that Linden agreed to try to make the playoffs and the first year they did. I agree with what you are saying also and the rest we will never know.

The fact is that they are now openly changing their direction and it is the right thing for the future of the club.

On 2/27/2017 at 5:22 AM, Drakrami said:

Our GM knew we were gonna be 65 points this season, so he went ahead to sign for Eriksson at 6x6? The delusion is strong in this one. 

It is you who appears to be delusional.

We have 59 points with 20 games to go and you think we will only score 6 points in those 20 games?

The fact you even said "Our GM knew" makes me wonder how old you are. No one has a clue what their points total will be at the end of the season.

You are one of those hindsight whiners. 

At one point, mid season, we were looking like making the playoffs at least via the wild card spot, we were also playing well, then came more injuries to Tanev, Hansen, Baertschi, Hutton and of course Dorsett and Guddy were already injured. This team is plagued by injury and the sad truth is we don't have the quality back-ups to replace injured players.

So for you to say the GM was not justified in looking to bring in a goal scorer is just hindsight rubbish

People should ease up on LE. He is a solid vet and will be good to have going forward. It didn't work but at least Benning tried.

Edmonton is trying to unload The Ference cap space. We should take it on for a second round pick. It is just for this year. It would give Edmonton 3.1 mil of space.

7 minutes ago, appleboy said:

It is not unreasonable to think that management sets the agenda. It is their business and their money. It is not out  there to think that Linden agreed to try to make the playoffs and the first year they did. I agree with what you are saying also and the rest we will never know.

The fact is that they are now openly changing their direction and it is the right thing for the future of the club.

It is unreasonable if you don't have proof.

They employ hockey men to make the right decisions. They may be, and probably are party to the strategy going forward but to say they actively interfere when you have no proof is, as I said, libellous.

No they are not changing direction they have said they wanted to make the playoffs and they want a winning environment. It has now become clear the vets (and the prospects) were just not able to achieve this. That was again mostly down to injury and lack of replacements with sufficient talent.

Circumstances are always evolving in any Club year on year and just because they cause certain actions to be taken "today" doesn't mean these same actions should have been taken "yesterday"

You are using hindsight "to-day" to justify an argument that didn't exist "yesterday" just to make you look what?  -  clever?

4 minutes ago, appleboy said:

People should ease up on LE. He is a solid vet and will be good to have going forward. It didn't work but at least Benning tried.

Edmonton is trying to unload The Ference cap space. We should take it on for a second round pick. It is just for this year. It would give Edmonton 3.1 mil of space.

Sorry, no way am I for signing that Boston a/h here after 2011. I also don't feel we should be inclined to help the Oilers. They got themselves into the mess and they will need to pay for it - big time I hope.

It is unreasonable if you don't have proof.

They employ hockey men to make the right decisions. They may be, and probably are party to the strategy going forward but to say they actively interfere when you have no proof is, as I said, libellous.

No they are not changing direction they have said they wanted to make the playoffs and they want a winning environment. It has now become clear the vets (and the prospects) were just not able to achieve this. That was again mostly down to injury and lack of replacements with sufficient talent.

Circumstances are always evolving in any Club year on year and just because they cause certain actions to be taken "today" doesn't mean these same actions should have been taken "yesterday"

You are using hindsight "to-day" to justify an argument that didn't exist "yesterday" just to make you look what?  -  clever?

I am not saying that  they are micro managing. They set the overall direction of the club and would certainly need to be on side of a full on rebuild. This could definitely effect their budget for the next few years. They will be in on decisions when money is involved.

Sorry, no way am I for signing that Boston a/h here after 2011. I also don't feel we should be inclined to help the Oilers. They got themselves into the mess and they will need to pay for it - big time I hope.

The rest of this year for a pick? He may not even play.:rolleyes:

Archived