The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Time for Tankers to face the TRUTH.

hearditall

I am flat out going to say this.

Anyone who wants to move the two best players in Franchise History by asking them to waive their NMC at the deadline should not be a fan of this hockey club. As far as I am concerned, it is a disgrace to even consider it.

47 minutes ago, ReggieBush said:

I am flat out going to say this.

Anyone who wants to move the two best players in Franchise History by asking them to waive their NMC at the deadline should not be a fan of this hockey club. As far as I am concerned, it is a disgrace to even consider it.

Only ever heard a few ever say that. The ones that got on the Bus in 2011 have been left at the bus loop ever since...

1 hour ago, ReggieBush said:

Lol. YOU CANT MOVE THEIR CONTRACTS. And quite frankly, they deserve to retire canucks.

King of Surrey, sometimes moving a player or not goes beyond what they bring on the ice.

Maybe tbe warriors that are hank and danny ask to be moved to win a cup 

2 hours ago, hearditall said:

Oh so the re-build started when TL & JB got here...:towel:

Not sure who you have been watching. The rebuild or influx of new players started last year. After a 75 point year they decided to try and prop it up by spending 36mil on a ok player and moved out some more assets for Guddy. Both are very questionable moves. Fans want a clear direction not a wish washy plan that leaves all of us scratching our heads. Right now you are seeing a clear change in their approach. Do you know why?

Because building on the fly is not working. We will have a lower point total this year from last. Not exactly a winning environment.

Benning has the potential to be our best GM ever so stop acting like we are all picking on Benning.  He gets his agenda from the top like all employees.

28 minutes ago, appleboy said:

Not sure who you have been watching. The rebuild or influx of new players started last year. After a 75 point year they decided to try and prop it up by spending 36mil on a ok player and moved out some more assets for Guddy. Both are very questionable moves. Fans want a clear direction not a wish washy plan that leaves all of us scratching our heads. Right now you are seeing a clear change in their approach. Do you know why?

Because building on the fly is not working. We will have a lower point total this year from last. Not exactly a winning environment.

Benning has the potential to be our best GM ever so stop acting like we are all picking on Benning.  He gets his agenda from the top like all employees.

When was the last time Detroit was an actual CUP CONTENDER? Why have they continued to try their hardest to make the PLAYOFFS even when they were clearly declining way before we were??? They loaded up every year with UFA's yet they are right where we are...Vanek, Neilson

The Canucks have been Playoff Contenders (&even CUP CONTENDERS at a few points) for the better part of the past 20 years.

How has Toronto been doing prior to This Year? Like the past 20+ Years???

How about Edmonton prior to this year? 15years????

Do u not remember how bad Chicago was before they got Kane, Toews, Keith, Seabrook?? If your too young to remember use your WiFi (all kids have access to that) & Google it up...

Detroit the NHL MODEL of Consistency hasn't been to the Cup in 14 years yet they have just decided to re-build & yet still have vets & NEVER LOSE ON PURPOSE.

It's not a Switch u flick on & off like your XBOX...

ANSWER: It's a PROCESS that takes patience which I've noticed the new gen has very little of....

If U could have it your way there would be as many teams going for DEAD LAST as going for THE PLAYOFFS... NIce league....

9 minutes ago, hearditall said:

When was the last time Detroit was an actual CUP CONTENDER? Why have they continued to try their hardest to make the PLAYOFFS even when they were clearly declining way before we were??? They loaded up every year with UFA's yet they are right where we are...Vanek, Neilson

The Canucks have been Playoff Contenders (&even CUP CONTENDERS at a few points) for the better part of the past 20 years.

Do u not remember how bad Chicago was before they got Kane, Toews, Keith, Seabrook?? If your too young to remember use your WiFi (all kids have access to that) & Google it up...

Detroit the NHL MODEL of Consistency hasn't been to the Cup in 14 years yet they have just decided to re-build & yet still have vets & NEVER LOSE ON PURPOSE.

ANSWER: It's a PROCESS that takes patience which I've noticed the new gen has very little of....

If U could have it your way there would be as many teams going for DEAD LAST as going for THE PLAYOFFS... NIce league....

Detroit is a very good example of a club to follow. They were able to stay relevant on the backs of a few very  talented players. Elite players that they were able to fill around for 14 years. Now they are in the same boat as everyone else and will miss the playoffs this year. Chicago have done  the same. ( Pittsburgh also)They were able to acquire the four elite players that you have just mentioned and then continually build around them.

Who are our four elite players? So how do you intend on acquiring them in a cap world. If you don't find those key players then you will never see a cup here and will always be a borderline playoff club. We were building around The twins and Kes but that era is over.

34 minutes ago, hearditall said:

I think the method a team is built is completely irrelevant. The only consistent trend in all of your examples is good Management vs bad management. Toronto, Edmonton, pre dynasty Chicago were all victims of poor management. We could finish last every year or claw our into the playoffs every year and it won't make a lick of difference unless you have a solid manager who knows how to manufacture NHL players from a variety of different methods. Look at the Wild. They never tanked, the Rangers and Sharks all got to where they are because the people who run the team have a clue. Is Benning a good manger? It's still too early to tell. So far he has done a lot of good. In hindsight could he have started the rebuild sooner and been further ahead today? Maybe. But would Bo Horvat be the player he is today without Burrows? Would Sven and Gran have resurrected their career's? Would they even be here? There are far too many variables to definitively make a judgment call. This management needs 5 years. If at the end of 5 years looks better than 5 years ago. Then you are on the right path. If not, maybe it's time to change managers.    

3 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

Suddenly people are seeing the light and complimenting Benning, as if he has "changed direction" and abandoned the original plan.  Nothing is further from the truth.

You're contradicting what Benning said after the trade deadline.  He specifically said the team is changing direction.  That he met with the Sedins to tell them the team is taking a new direction.  But whatever makes you feel better man.  

Just now, CanadianRugby said:

You're contradicting what Benning said after the trade deadline.  He specifically said the team is changing direction.  That he met with the Sedins to tell them the team is taking a new direction.  But whatever makes you feel better man.  

Excellent post CR.  I heard JB say that too.  I found it interesting JB met with the Twins to explain the new direction.  I liked how the Twins were on board, and were excited to help the young players coming in.  I wonder how Loui Eriksson feels about the change of direction?

Just now, Alflives said:

Excellent post CR.  I heard JB say that too.  I found it interesting JB met with the Twins to explain the new direction.  I liked how the Twins were on board, and were excited to help the young players coming in.  I wonder how Loui Eriksson feels about the change of direction?

Yeah Sedins are ultimate team players like usual.  Who cares what Eriksson thinks, hopefully trade him next year.  

Just now, CanadianRugby said:

Yeah Sedins are ultimate team players like usual.  Who cares what Eriksson thinks, hopefully trade him next year.  

That's kind of my point about Eriksson.  Will this new direction get him to ask (quietly) for a trade?  Is there even potential to trade him with that contract?

1 hour ago, hearditall said:

How do you forget about Detroit 8 or 9 years ago? Actually 2 years back to back where they won then lost the cup. There is a reason they are a model franchise.

7 minutes ago, Alflives said:

That's kind of my point about Eriksson.  Will this new direction get him to ask (quietly) for a trade?  Is there even potential to trade him with that contract?

I can't imagine anyone wanting that albatross contract, maybe if he scores 30 goals again the bandwagon will fill up.

1 hour ago, ReggieBush said:

Even if they asked. They are damn near impossible to move.

Iggy got moved. 

Secret will be 50 % of salary retained.  Plus maybe a salary/cap dump the other way.....

Another first and second would be important for our rebuild...

2 minutes ago, Westcoasting said:

I can't imagine anyone wanting that albatross contract, maybe if he scores 30 goals again the bandwagon will fill up.

Could we just buy the guy out?  He's been very disappointing.  It's not just his lack of scoring; it's his lack of (seemingly) interest. 

4 minutes ago, Westcoasting said:

im giving the guy a couple years, before i start bashing the guy, hopefully he starts playing better.

1 minute ago, kingofsurrey said:

Iggy got moved. 

Secret will be 50 % of salary retained.  Plus maybe a salary/cap dump the other way.....

Another first and second would be important for our rebuild...

We have used 2/3 salary retention spots (Hansen, Luongo). Even if we retained on 1 of the sedins contracts, that is still 10.5 million dollars of salary changing hands

As I stated multiple time

NO due to Morals

NO due to it not being logical

1 minute ago, TNucks1 said:

im giving the guy a couple years, before i start bashing the guy, hopefully he starts playing better.

Oh yeah i've already come to terms with him being here another 5 years or whatever. It just bites having that much money tied up in to him. How nice would 7m a season for Duchene sound...

Archived