The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Time for Tankers to face the TRUTH.

hearditall

2 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Have you even compared the roster to 3 years ago?  Four players remain, two of which are essentially unmoveable, one who is only 27, and the other 30 and are top-pairing.

Oh so the re-build started when TL & JB got here...:towel:

1 minute ago, Hutton Wink said:

It's just that they are moving further ahead with the transition, taking the next step.  As we saw this year for example, Burrows was a big help for Bo and Sven.  But now they feel the kids are ready to take more hold of the reins, and we will see that shift play out in the next 20 games and at the start of next season.  By that time it's likely the Sedins will be a 1B or even 2A line, something they've openly said they're ready to do.

Obviously we are going to see if his actions follow his words. I respectfully disagree with with your theory. His plan to win while replacing his roster with youth is basically the generic plan of every GM in the NHL. If you have your team together and the window is wide open you sacrifice the future for the present. If you really suck right now and you are trying to build a team that doesn't suck you sacrifice the now for the later.

I think Jim was trying to do a bit of both and it hasn't really panned out the way he had hoped. From what I have heard out of his mouth and seen from his actions. He is shifting to the future core group primarily. He is no longer sacrificing the future for the present. 

What is even more intriguing to me is how his original plan of winning and rebuilding has actually strengthened the character of the guys who were submerged in it. The vets helped the first wave of freshies adapt to pro hockey. A plan that appears to have failed on the surface actually did wonders behind the scenes. 

I guess it's kind of silly to be arguing about this. I'm glad he did what he did, now I'm excited about this new direction. We are in good hands. 

16 hours ago, hearditall said:

Oh so the re-build started when TL & JB got here...:towel:

And what did this genius get for cup finalist veterans? Younger, that's it. And now the Canucks are a team without a future, the Sedins will be too old to trade and get anything decent in return, so they don't get traded because the return would be an insult to them and hurt their feelings, so hang on to them and get nothing.

Wait until Tanev's NTC clause kicks in and then not be able to get the best return and blame it on the contract or that at 30 and playing on a really bad team for 4 years has lessened his value so much that a 5th rounder looks good?

Edler retires.

Eriksson, well the have him until he retires taking up valuable cap space and a roster spot, he can't be traded.

Sutter isn't likely to play a full season again.

Everyone will love little Sven because he tries SOOOoo hard against all those meanies.

Horvat gets disgusted and demands a trade.

Grandlund becomes the #1 center on the team and you hold a parade?

That the mere thought of a playoff game enthuses you so much they need to get out the cardiac cart, because it will that long before they are pertinent again.

ALL because they failed to start building the base of the team using the value of the "NHL good" players to trade for "top notch" prospects or getting the franchise players through the draft when they are available. Just how do you think Tampa got Stamkos? 

So glad JB joined us on Team Tank.

Great to see he is learning from his mistakes and open to change strategies.

Its normal to make a few mistakes as a pretty new GM.

Here JB is a present for you. Welcome to Team Tank and committing to a proper rebuild.

Bought you a little present...

3fc91dfb4842f8d5e49cda0991e2453b.jpg

9 minutes ago, Miles Mayhem said:

I guess it's kind of silly to be arguing about this. I'm glad he did what he did, now I'm excited about this new direction. We are in good hands. 

Good I guess your signing up for season tickets, only $16,000.00 for a couple in the lower blues I hear. No counting the 1200 + for parking or the 8 dollar beers.

2 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

So glad JB joined us on Team Tank.

Great to see he is learning from his mistakes and open to change strategies.

Its normal to make a few mistakes as a pretty new GM.

Here JB is a present for you. Welcome to Team Tank and committing to a proper rebuild.

Bought you a little present...

3fc91dfb4842f8d5e49cda0991e2453b.jpg

Don't be fooled, two TDL trades is not changing anything except not getting him flamed this year by the media and fans. Nothing Linden has said  means anything is different than they have shown so far.

They moved Bieska and Garrison for draft pick in the summer, they moved Hansen and Burrows for other team's AHL players/prospect at the TDL. Neither move guarantees improvement, just another body to sell "hope" over, so far. They have a 25% chance of being NHL PLAYERS, not just guys in the NHL.

2 minutes ago, TheGuardian_ said:

Good I guess your signing up for season tickets, only $16,000.00 for a couple in the lower blues I hear. No counting the 1200 + for parking or the 8 dollar beers.

So what are you trying to say here? Are you actually complaining because we aren't competitive?! Lol.

We got our first complaint of a rebuild ladies and gentlemen. How heroic. 

5 minutes ago, TheGuardian_ said:

Don't be fooled, two TDL trades is not changing anything except not getting him flamed this year by the media and fans. Nothing Linden has said  means anything is different than they have shown so far.

Baby steps for JB. Much better than last year.

Next year at  the TDL we move Hank, Danny and Sbisa.    JB is learning how to do his job. Celebrate tonight.  Great news.

Maybe even Edler and Dorsett if they are having a solid year next year can be moved at the TDL for a playoff team and for another year on their deals.....  Kind of like we moved Hansen for this year....

5 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Next year at  the TDL we move Hank, Danny and Sbisa.    JB is learning how to do his job. Celebrate tonight.  Great news.

Maybe even Edler and Dorsett if they are having a solid year next year can be moved at the TDL for a playoff team and for another year on their deals.....  Kind of like we moved Hansen for this year....

Hank and Danny are going nowhere. Sbisa is gone during expansion.

19 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Maybe??? But If King of Slurrpees was in charge we'd be a Cup Contender Every Year...:lol:

How many "hockey" trades has Benning done that actually have made the Canucks go up in the standings? Stay even in the standings? Improve scoring from that position?

Signing Eriksson is not "trading", his contract is not even good GMing.

Dorsett? No different than getting something for nothing, in his last year and the Rangers were not going to be able to resign him.

Sbisa, Bonino? for Kesler. That was all done prior to him getting here by the agent, I mean really, it takes him 2 years to evaluate the team, but he can make the best trade of his career in 2+ weeks?

Miller? No trade FA over pay signing.

Sven for Hunter? Sven is a couple of years older, he plays with the best young (Gillis) prospect the team has and gets PP time. There was a roster spot needing filling.

Overall if the "plan" was to get so bad that the team gets multiple super high draft picks, why not start 2 years ago instead of waiting for another 2 years?

18 minutes ago, Miles Mayhem said:

So what are you trying to say here? Are you actually complaining because we aren't competitive?! Lol.

We got our first complaint of a rebuild ladies and gentlemen. How heroic.

What rebuild? Do you know what a rebuild is? The team has not been competitive for 2 years, wake up. I have been saying what Linden admitted to knowing when he was hired, the team needed rebuilding when he took over, this is not rebuilding, this is saving their arseeeeessssss from being flamed by the media and fans, like I posted before, the same as moving Garrison and Bieska.

2 minutes ago, hearditall said:

Maybe??? But If King of Slurrey was in charge we'd be a Cup Contender Every Year...:lol:

Being realistic about it, the team will not be contenders for another 7 years at the very least going this route, 5 years after the Sedins are gone and this management group is fired. This team is a mess, the only part of it that is so so, is the defence and that is because expectations of scoring are so low coming from the defence.

Just now, TheGuardian_ said:

How many "hockey" trades has Benning done that actually have made the Canucks go up in the standings? Stay even in the standings? Improve scoring from that position?

Signing Eriksson is not "trading", his contract is not even good GMing.

Dorsett? No different than getting something for nothing, in his last year and the Rangers were not going to be able to resign him.

Sbisa, Bonino? for Kesler. That was all done prior to him getting here by the agent, I mean really, it takes him 2 years to evaluate the team, but he can make the best trade of his career in 2+ weeks?

Miller? No trade FA over pay signing.

Sven for Hunter? Sven is a couple of years older, he plays with the best young (Gillis) prospect the team has and gets PP time. There was a roster spot needing filling.

Overall if the "plan" was to get so bad that the team gets multiple super high draft picks, why not start 2 years ago instead of waiting for another 2 years?

What rebuild? Do you know what a rebuild is? The team has not been competitive for 2 years, wake up. I have been saying what Linden admitted to knowing when he was hired, the team needed rebuilding when he took over, this is not rebuilding, this is saving their arseeeeessssss from being flamed by the media and fans, like I posted before, the same as moving Garrison and Bieska.

Being realistic about it, the team will not be contenders for another 7 years at the very least going this route, 5 years after the Sedins are gone and this management group is fired. This team is a mess, the only part of it that is so so, is the defence and that is because expectations of scoring are so low coming from the defence.

Ok,:wacko: Thank U TheGuardian of NOLEDGE...:bored:

54 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

I don't know if it's mass delusion or comedy, but I expect many of these were out "protesting" Trump this week as well.

Just let them think there's a been 'change in direction' and Benning is 'now tanking'. 

giphy.gif

25 minutes ago, ReggieBush said:

Hank and Danny are going nowhere. Sbisa is gone during expansion.

Why would you let 2 UFA 's contracts expire next year and walk away / sign elsewhere.... ?

That would be terrible management of our assets  / contracts.

Hank and Danny will both be moved next year at the TDL  .  You hard it here first by the success-king-crown.png  of surrey 

1 hour ago, Hutton Wink said:

The tank crowd either did not understand or did not want the first couple of phases to take place, but in their haste and impatience did not realize that a complete blowup was not only impossible but impractical.  It required seeing things and thinking in multiple layers, some of which were simultaneous.  So at least they are now "caught up" and are joining the rest of us at the current point of the process.

One problem was losing out last year at TDL, no fault of Benning but everyone jumped on the bandwagon. Another is people assume a top ten pick means an automatic star player...

Just to many clowns who think they could fix everything if they were the GM. People have been spoiled by Naslund/Bertuzzi and then the twins and always being a very competitive team.

Just now, J.R. said:

Just let them think there's a been 'change in direction' and Benning is 'now tanking'. 

Benning has completed switched direction and is now the TANK COMMANDER. 

Very exciting.  I wonder if our posting here has influenced JB's managerial strategies...

Regardless, so happy to see JB has switched over the TEAM TaNK

Just now, kingofsurrey said:

Benning has completed switched direction and is now the TANK COMMANDER. 

Very exciting.  I wonder if our posting here has influenced JB's managerial strategies...

Regardless, so happy to see JB has switched over the TEAM TaNK

giphy.gif

Just now, kingofsurrey said:

Why would you let 2 UFA 's contracts expire next year and walk away / sign elsewhere.... ?

Hank and Danny will both be moved next year at the TDL  .  You hard it here first by the success-king-crown.png  of surrey 

Lol. YOU CANT MOVE THEIR CONTRACTS. And quite frankly, they deserve to retire canucks.

King of Surrey, sometimes moving a player or not goes beyond what they bring on the ice.

2 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

With NTC and NMC for both, they are in control. They might not want to go anywhere, if they do they might be very selective. And then find a team that will take them on for a playoff run. I would be surprised if they get moved, i'm all for it and best case scenario we get something back but i just don't see it.

51 minutes ago, TheGuardian_ said:

They moved Bieska and Garrison for draft pick in the summer, they moved Hansen and Burrows for other team's AHL players/prospect at the TDL. Neither move guarantees improvement, just another body to sell "hope" over, so far. They have a 25% chance of being NHL PLAYERS, not just guys in the NHL.

You're in a bitchin mood today...:blink:

Archived