The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Time for Tankers to face the TRUTH.

hearditall

4 minutes ago, hearditall said:

Badda Bing Badda Boom...

So lets build a team with pickups off the waiver wire and hope to make the playoffs. ^_^:unsure: You guys are smoking way too much crack. I will bet that if we win the lotto and land one of the top two picks you will all act like it was your idea.

We have some good young prospects but there is a huge hole at the top end.

Just now, hearditall said:

Badda Bing Badda Boom...

Where Did Vrbata who was higher on the trade list then Hansen Go? 

Some kids just don't get that Arm Chairing isn't as easy as it appears...

Too much EA GM mode methinks.

4 minutes ago, hearditall said:

Badda Bing Badda Boom...

Where Did Vrbata who was higher on the trade list then Hansen Go? 

Some kids just don't get that Arm Chairing isn't as easy as it appears...

Character seems to be valued more than selfishness. Or maybe Vrbata just gave a list of non-playoff teams again so he wouldn't have to move.

1 minute ago, appleboy said:

We have some good young prospects but there is a huge hole at the top end.

Thanks Sherlock.

That's why JB is here to fix & is doing a pretty good darn job at it. No team changes that as quickly as U want. Did Edmonton (10+ yes.)? Toronto (20+ yrs)? Colorado? etc....

Wake up to reality & you'll notice that NO team stays on top forever & No team stays at the bottom forever...

One thing for sure is that a true fan stands by his team through all the stages.

Have U ever heard a NFL Fan complain about their teams Coach, GM, Owner, Players, Vets, etc all in one breathe? :sadno: Maybe 1 of the above but all? U call that a Fan???:blink:

They stand behind their teams through every cycle. U should try that if U really are a fan.

Try Enjoying  the BEST GAME ON EARTH & be happy that U have a Team in your own city to cheer for. (it's priceless to tell u the truth again)

Believe me U don't know more than ANY General Manager in the NHL. That's the TRUTH. So let the people in charge do their jobs & do yours if your for real & stop pretending U are a NHL GM & stick to managing your CDC quotes as a fan that U say U are...:towel:

1 minute ago, hearditall said:

Thanks Sherlock.

That's why JB is here to fix & is doing a pretty good darn job at it. No team changes that as quickly as U want. Did Edmonton (10+ yes.)? Toronto (20+ yrs)? Colorado? etc....

Wake up to reality & you'll notice that NO team stays on top forever & No team stays at the bottom forever...

One thing for sure is that a true fan stands by his team through all the stages.

Have U ever heard a NFL Fan complain about their teams Coach, GM, Owner, Players, Vets, etc all in one breathe? :sadno: Maybe 1 of the above but all? U call that a Fan???:blink:

They stand behind their teams through every cycle. U should try that if U really are a fan.

Try Enjoying  the BEST GAME ON EARTH & be happy that U have a Team in your own city to cheer for. (it's priceless to tell u the truth again)

Believe me U don't know more than ANY General Manager in the NHL. That's the TRUTH. So let the people in charge do their jobs & do yours if your for real & stop pretending U are a NHL GM & stick to managing your CDC quotes as a fan that U say U are...:towel:

I don't think we'll ever see eye to eye man, but that's fine. Keep going to games and support this team! i don't care much for our usual discussions/disagreements this week. We had a great deadline. And i don't wanna ruin the vibe.

It doesn't reverse the last 2 years of missteps, but we're taking a step in the right direction.

And i'm actually open to reconsidering my opinion of Benning as a GM. We got a great haul from each trade than Detroit did from Vanek. So the placement of my frustration is shifting more and more to the owners now.

We still have a long way to go. But we're moving in the right direction.

24 minutes ago, DSVII said:

I don't think we'll ever see eye to eye man, but that's fine. Keep going to games and support this team! i don't care much for our usual discussions/disagreements this week. We had a great deadline. And i don't wanna ruin the vibe.

It doesn't reverse the last 2 years of missteps, but we're taking a step in the right direction.

And i'm actually open to reconsidering my opinion of Benning as a GM. We got a great haul from each trade than Detroit did from Vanek. So the placement of my frustration is shifting more and more to the owners now.

The funny thing is that i think everyone is on the same page, just different thought process. Some people thought we would make the playoffs and some thought we would finish near the bottom. TSN thought we would be around 65 points, most thought we would do a better than that. Say there was a Ryan Miller injury for a couple months like December and January and then i bet we could be sitting at 6 or 8 or more points less than we have right now and some people would say we are tanking for picks and some would say it's bad luck.

The whole thing with Benning and trying to compete for the playoffs i think was a way of deflecting day to day media b.s. knowing full well there is not a lot that can be done with the amount of ntc's . One more year and then there is a pile of money that can be spent on new younger players or free agents that may or may not change the standings for them.

The whole idea of tanking is a moot point, they could have traded Burrows and Hansen early in the season and had less points but also the value of them wouldn't have received near the amount  they got at the TDL for them. One could call it tanking now as we are in a bottom three position and the rest of the season is a wash. Or you could call it a competitive season where some young players find their way and learn off some veterans. Is the glass half full or half empty.

I would like to see Benning run this team for at least another 3 seasons to see what happens, yeah there have been mistakes but every GM has those. Drafting is not a science and other than the odd number 1 pick who is an instant star it takes time to see what you drafted and what other teams drafted.

We can blame the owners but realistically i don't think Benning would still be here if an owner made player decisions like some people think. Aquilini has been a bigger fan of hockey a lot longer than most people on this forum and i bet he knows as well as anybody that it takes time. He has more money than he can spend so a few years without playoff revenue is nothing to an owner in the big picture. If it was an issue he would have sold the team already.

9 minutes ago, DSVII said:

U complained about Vrbata not being moved last year when he had a $5 mill contract & a non productive year Yet he's on fire this year @ a bargain price of $1 mill & yet no takers again... HHmmm... Must be the GM in Phoenix's fault again....:blink:

38 minutes ago, Westcoasting said:

The funny thing is that i think everyone is on the same page, just different thought process. Some people thought we would make the playoffs and some thought we would finish near the bottom. TSN thought we would be around 65 points, most thought we would do a better than that. Say there was a Ryan Miller injury for a couple months like December and January and then i bet we could be sitting at 6 or 8 or more points less than we have right now and some people would say we are tanking for picks and some would say it's bad luck.

The whole thing with Benning and trying to compete for the playoffs i think was a way of deflecting day to day media b.s. knowing full well there is not a lot that can be done with the amount of ntc's . One more year and then there is a pile of money that can be spent on new younger players or free agents that may or may not change the standings for them.

The whole idea of tanking is a moot point, they could have traded Burrows and Hansen early in the season and had less points but also the value of them wouldn't have received near the amount  they got at the TDL for them. One could call it tanking now as we are in a bottom three position and the rest of the season is a wash. Or you could call it a competitive season where some young players find their way and learn off some veterans. Is the glass half full or half empty.

I would like to see Benning run this team for at least another 3 seasons to see what happens, yeah there have been mistakes but every GM has those. Drafting is not a science and other than the odd number 1 pick who is an instant star it takes time to see what you drafted and what other teams drafted.

We can blame the owners but realistically i don't think Benning would still be here if an owner made player decisions like some people think. Aquilini has been a bigger fan of hockey a lot longer than most people on this forum and i bet he knows as well as anybody that it takes time. He has more money than he can spend so a few years without playoff revenue is nothing to an owner in the big picture. If it was an issue he would have sold the team already.

Badda Bing Badda Boom...

15 minutes ago, hearditall said:

U complained about Vrbata not being moved last year when he had a $5 mill contract & a non productive year Yet he's on fire this year @ a bargain price of $1 mill & yet no takers again... HHmmm... Must be the GM in Phoenix's fault again....:blink:

Different year. Different Context considering the productive year he had before. But I did acknowledge he was the harder asset to move that hamhuis.

You posted how the team would play at a 100 point pace earlier in this thread.  Shall we dig up everything?

Haha my gosh I broke my own rule. Back to enjoying the dead line 

13 hours ago, Miles Mayhem said:

I have like 30 posts I haven't complained about anything And I'm not a tanker at all. I just thought it was conflicting to say you have stood behind Benning since day 1 then declare victory today. Today was the worse case scenario for the Benning enthusiast. We weren't suppose to be sellers under his proposed model. Did he do a great job adapting to his situation? Absolutely. But this is definitely a change of direction. He even said today in his Hansen press conference that he spoke to the Sedin's about a new direction. 

12 hours ago, Miles Mayhem said:

I'm just happy that he can switch gears and go into a different phase without looking back. I think he learned a lot from last years deadline. He might have waited too long to get things in motion where a lot of teams already committed to other deals and gave up their disposable assets. He was definitely the aggressor where last year he played defence. It's encouraging to see him evolving. 

Seems you did not really understand the model nor the plan.  As has been said many times, it is not and was never a simplistic one-dimensional plan.  The plan has not changed, not one bit.

5 hours ago, CanadianRugby said:

28th out of 30 is a winning environment?  Must be a millennial.  I thought you had to win a bit to be a winner.

Yeah the team has stayed in games... then lost them. That's being competitive.  That's being hard working.  It has nothing to do with winning.    

4 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Seems you did not really understand the model nor the plan.  As has been said many times, it is not and was never a simplistic one-dimensional plan.  The plan has not changed, not one bit.

Fair enough, just not sure why he would sit the Sedins down and update them on how the plan hasn't changed. 

Even if the direction did change. I find it odd that poeple would be defensive about it. 

56 minutes ago, Westcoasting said:

The funny thing is that i think everyone is on the same page, just different thought process.

Suddenly people are seeing the light and complimenting Benning, as if he has "changed direction" and abandoned the original plan.  Nothing is further from the truth.

Again -- the plan was not ever a simplistic one-dimension thing, like "sell off all the vets for picks, tank the team, draft, and wait".  There are phases to it, and we are now making the switchover from vets mentoring the new core to the new core taking the reigns.  Part of the reason the plan was multi-dimensional was due to the existing contracts and NTCs, and Benning explained this very well (again) at his presser today.

The tank crowd either did not understand or did not want the first couple of phases to take place, but in their haste and impatience did not realize that a complete blowup was not only impossible but impractical.  It required seeing things and thinking in multiple layers, some of which were simultaneous.  So at least they are now "caught up" and are joining the rest of us at the current point of the process.

1 minute ago, Miles Mayhem said:

Fair enough, just not sure why he would sit the Sedins down and update them on how the plan hasn't changed. 

Even if the direction did change. I find it odd that poeple would be defensive about it. 

It's just that they are moving further ahead with the transition, taking the next step.  As we saw this year for example, Burrows was a big help for Bo and Sven.  But now they feel the kids are ready to take more hold of the reins, and we will see that shift play out in the next 20 games and at the start of next season.  By that time it's likely the Sedins will be a 1B or even 2A line, something they've openly said they're ready to do.

8 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Suddenly people are seeing the light and complimenting Benning, as if he has "changed direction" and abandoned the original plan.  Nothing is further from the truth.

Again -- the plan was not ever a simplistic one-dimension thing, like "sell off all the vets for picks, tank the team, draft, and wait".  There are phases to it, and we are now making the switchover from vets mentoring the new core to the new core taking the reigns.  Part of the reason the plan was multi-dimensional was due to the existing contracts and NTCs, and Benning explained this very well (again) at his presser today.

The tank crowd either did not understand or did not want the first couple of phases to take place, but in their haste and impatience did not realize that a complete blowup was not only impossible but impractical.  It required seeing things and thinking in multiple layers, some of which were simultaneous.  So at least they are now "caught up" and are joining the rest of us at the current point of the process.

Badda Bing Badda Boom...

Just now, Hutton Wink said:

Oh so wrong, they still aren't committing to rebuild the team, Linden sounds content that they got two NHL players instead of two players that might play in the NHL. Big difference, I played a game in the NHL, am I a NHL player? No, not even close. This is year three, 3, of their management reign of incompetence. They managed to get a couple of decent AHL prospects back who might have a 25% chance of making the team, well not this team, on this team they are shoe in's, but on average, 25% chance. It is better than nothing though. But in reality it is just getting something for nothing, not hockey trades.

But like the last TWO drafts when they should have been thinking about 2018 instead of "yesterday" "I remember that the Sedins were sooo good"

Well i guess this proves the Tankers were RIGHT  all along....

Always great to be proven to be on the correct side of a  discussion.....

Jim B  finally saw the light and joined the Tankers.  What choice did he have ? Still great that he joined our side finally....

Great time to be a canuck fan now that management has embraced the rebuild. 

Archived