The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(proposal) Trade deadline deal

Trade Hansen and Tanev at the deadline so that we may protect more of our young up and coming players. 

If you don't trade you probably protect.

Hank

Dank 

Loui

Horvat

Sutter

Hansen

7th forward Sven?

Tanev

Edler

Gudbranson

Markstrom

Which leaves exposed

Granlund

Boucher(19games remaining or else ineligible.)

Sbisa

Gaunce

Biega(8 games remaining)

Therefore we lose promising player in Granlund and Sbisa. But if we trade them...

Canucks Tanev to Lightning for Garrison(Cap dump)+ A prospect (Cirelli?)+ pick

and

Canucks Hansen to Columbus for pick(1st or 2nd) or Prospect(Karlsson?)

If the Canucks do this they can protect granlund and Sbisa as well, and the best player we could lose is Gaunce. Plus with the emergence of young players(Tryamkin, Stetcher, Granlund etc) and players needing a shot(Boucher, Rodin, Pedan) the team can remain competitive and get younger. The team has been fine without Hansen in the lineup(even though i love the guy). Tanner will be missed but with the emergence of young players it won't be to bad.

Note: This is what I think will be best for the team in the future, not so much the present. Let me know what your opinion is but if its rude or obscene then hold it in lol

8 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

Reports are they want to move Garrison and this evens out the Cap. Maybe Cap dump is the wrong term?

Completely.  A cap dump would be intentionally unbalanced.  Team A would trade a high cap player to Team B for a low cap player.  There may be other pieces involved, but the idea is to reduce the cap for Team A.

Plus, if I am not mistaken, Garrison still has the NTC the Canucks gave him in the first place.  So we would be required to protect him in the expansion draft which negates the reason (protecting Sbisa) you are proposing to trade for him in the first place.

why the hell would we trade tanev for a dman we already got rid of if anything wed trade tanev for a winger still on entry level contract  plus pics.

i m sure benning has a plan for deadline one to three  of hansen, tanev, burrows, sbisa, miller  will be traded 

horvat, guddy, tryamkin, gaunce will be resigned 

we will protect

granlund sedins eriksson baertchi sutter guddy edler sbisa tanev markstrom

horvat stecher hutton tryamkin are ineligible to be poached

NMC - gotta protect

NTC - don't think so

At least that's what I thought they said. If wrong, someone pls clarify.

OP, funny you thought of that TBay, Garr idea. Had been kicking around the same thing. Believe they have a lot of nice fwd prospects. IF we could land their 1st, AND a top prospect, Tanev for the old White Rock slowpoke makes some sense.

1 hour ago, RetroCanuck said:

Trade Hansen and Tanev at the deadline so that we may protect more of our young up and coming players. 

If you don't trade you probably protect.

Hank

Dank 

Loui

Horvat

Sutter

Hansen

7th forward Sven?

Tanev

Edler

Gudbranson

Markstrom

Which leaves exposed

Granlund

Boucher(19games remaining or else ineligible.)

Sbisa

Gaunce

Biega(8 games remaining)

Therefore we lose promising player in Granlund and Sbisa. But if we trade them...

Canucks Tanev to Lightning for Garrison(Cap dump)+ A prospect (Cirelli?)+ pick

and

Canucks Hansen to Columbus for pick(1st or 2nd) or Prospect(Karlsson?)

If the Canucks do this they can protect granlund and Sbisa as well, and the best player we could lose is Gaunce. Plus with the emergence of young players(Tryamkin, Stetcher, Granlund etc) and players needing a shot(Boucher, Rodin, Pedan) the team can remain competitive and get younger. The team has been fine without Hansen in the lineup(even though i love the guy). Tanner will be missed but with the emergence of young players it won't be to bad.

Note: This is what I think will be best for the team in the future, not so much the present. Let me know what your opinion is but if its rude or obscene then hold it in lol

Hansen would retire before he would ever play for Tortorella again.

48 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

why the hell would we trade tanev for a dman we already got rid of if anything wed trade tanev for a winger still on entry level contract  plus pics.

i m sure benning has a plan for deadline one to three  of hansen, tanev, burrows, sbisa, miller  will be traded 

horvat, guddy, tryamkin, gaunce will be resigned 

we will protect

granlund sedins eriksson baertchi sutter guddy edler sbisa tanev markstrom

horvat stecher hutton tryamkin are ineligible to be poached

We cannot protect the players you propose. You can either protect 8 skaters OR 7 forwards and 3 d-men. You are recommending protecting 6 forwards and 4 d-men. Also, Horvat is not exempt.

https://www.nhl.com/news/nhl-expansion-draft-rules/c-281010592

The link below will show players under contract to all teams, those that must be protected and those that you will have to protect or leave exposed.

https://www.capfriendly.com/expansion-draft

3 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

The 'nuge... I'm not sure. I would hope for more toughness. MacKinnon would be nice.

Plus screw Edmonton. Tanev probably takes them on a long cup run.

I heard Landeskog to LA rumoured by Dregger today.  Mackinon would cost too much.  Duchene?  

I like RNH, always have but his production this year is concerning. I might have considered Tanev for him in the past but that is pretty firm no for me. The Canucks need a legitimately great talent if the cost is Tanev. It is highly unlikely that someone will trade that kind of talent so its better just to hold onto him. He is young enough to be part of the next core

34 minutes ago, Toews said:

I like RNH, always have but his production this year is concerning. I might have considered Tanev for him in the past but that is pretty firm no for me. The Canucks need a legitimately great talent if the cost is Tanev. It is highly unlikely that someone will trade that kind of talent so its better just to hold onto him. He is young enough to be part of the next core

I watch almost every Oiler game just so I can cheer for whoever they are playing against. RNH's production is down but I don't think it is his play that has fallen off but rather the new role he has embraced with the team. He is their no. 1 PK, he is often used to play against the other team's best centre and this year he has been relegated to the 2nd PP unit. He was even their 3rd line centre for much of the season behind McDavid and Leon before Leon was moved onto McDavid's line.

I think he is still a very good hockey player, probably a more complete player than ever before, and I would love to have him on the Canucks even at the expense of Tanev. It won't happen but I think a Horvat and RNH as our 1 and 2 centre men would set us up for years IMHO.

Archived