The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Poll) Willie Watch

JM_

1 minute ago, S'all Good Man said:

I love it when I see people still complaining about us letting Dane Fox go... you think the Sedins are slow? 

Yah Nico would be a nice pick.

I've only seen highlites of this Herchier kid.  I admit he's super fast, but I honestly question his puck skills.  I have yet to see him really stickhandle with the elite skill of guys like Kane and Goudreau.  He's a soft looking perimeter player, who could be a HUGE BUST if he can't handle the puck at speed.

Just a thought, reading all these suggestions for a future coach it occurred to me that If they fire Willie I would imagine most of the potential prospects would be diving under tables, hiding in the closets or running for the hills—NOT ME!—PLEEEEEEEASE, NOT ME!

7 hours ago, smokes said:

I'm finally exited. If they let go of Willie, the next move the Canucks make will really show the direction the team is heading. If they are looking at a rebuild, Travis Green would be the obvious choice given he's already worked with most of the players and the fact that him becoming an NHL coach is a matter of when. Green would be a good coach to bring up the kids. If the Canucks are serious about a playoff spot and a win now mentality though, they would go after a NHL coach with experience and a decent resume. I'm hoping we can get a coach that plays uptempo, I'm tired of the trap it's boring hockey. At least when it is uptempo, if the Canucks lose, I still saw a show.

Yeah... #Crow

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

I've only seen highlites of this Herchier kid.  I admit he's super fast, but I honestly question his puck skills.  I have yet to see him really stickhandle with the elite skill of guys like Kane and Goudreau.  He's a soft looking perimeter player, who could be a HUGE BUST if he can't handle the puck at speed.

23 goals, 48 pts in 31 games... sure its the QMJ but thats nifty. Just checked the rankings though and he's down around 17th or as high as 6th so who the heck knows.

If we don't get the #1 spot I do like the idea of grabbing up Timothy Liljegren as a RHD pairing for OJ if he's still available. Then we go super tanker in 2017 when we shed the Sedins, Hansen and Sbisa all the same year and get some "generational" 1C. A guy can dream. 

4 hours ago, ice orca said:

That's because they folded like a cheap suit in the 3rd, no push back and sht the bed. People get pissed when that kind of collapse happens.

"I'm tired of the trap it's boring hockey. At least when it is uptempo, if the Canucks lose, I still saw a show."

I was quoting this above.

Does he not say he'd rather see a game like Carolina win or lose???

I simply said the truth that clearly most fans would rather see a 2-1 loss than a 8-6 loss but still complain of course...

On 10/14/2016 at 9:01 AM, PrinceGeorgeGoon said:

Nailed it. 

1) After a 2 game win streak to start, the  canucks lose a few players to injury and lose most of the next 15 games. By December start are out of the playoffs. 

2) Canucks trade Edler and Dorsett for Eberle

3)A stronger second half when Jarvis assumes Head coach to years end. Horvat Baertschi Sutter and the top line exceed 40 pts.

hahah.

5 hours ago, shad0w4life said:

The kid is single handidly propping up a garbage team

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/leagues/seasons/teams/0010242017.html

Fortier is overage aka dane fox

no. fortier turned 19 today and is not an overager. dane fox, in his one good season, turned 20 at the very beginning of the season (mid October) and was an overager. 

Archived