The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Panthers @ Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

2 hours ago, GarthButcher5 said:

1000 point night for Henrik = chalk it up as one of the all time great memories for all Canucks fans.

I will always remember that goal. Right up there with Sidney Crosby in 2010 that not only won us the gold, but also the most golds of any host nation in history. It was a special moment and so was this. Love my country and love my team.

15 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Lu showing the respect and class that he is.  Still a game that he wanted to win but willing to show some respect in the tap with Hank.

Gosh I miss that guy.  Classy, Shawn Thornton could take a lesson or two about that.

Shawn Thornton is too stupid to tie his own laces.... punchbag...

4 hours ago, KKnight said:

I thought tonight was the first game i saw where Sedins and Eriksson looked like they had chemistry. I do agree Eriksson is not the guy for that line, but they had some grade A scoring chances, plus they put one on the board. I know Eriksson is not putting up the points like a 6 mil guy, but i do like having him on the team. He seems like hes battling more and you can see his hockey IQ, hes a smart player. Still rather have him than Lucic for sure. 

But Bur back with the twins and put Eriksson with Bo and Baer. 

Sutters line will take the shut down minutes and we will have two scoring lines until Hansen gets back. 

7 hours ago, hobart16 said:

No Hutton, No Gudbransen but Sbisa and Tryamkin have risen to the occasion.  I love the Bulldog but he has to raise his game a bit more if we are going to keep this up.  Does a ton of good things and then a bad turnover or missed check.  We have done alright with him in the lineup so far.  Stecher is not 100% and looks it but he is hanging in.  Hope he gets better quickly.  No one else on D can get hurt.  

Megna played great tonight except the puck died on his stick a couple times in third.  Several great defensive plays and he rushed the puck and created chances.  Probably his best game of the year.  4th line were pests as always.  

Special teams have to come up 10% more.  Still not enough there for us to be a serious team.  Watched Pittsburgh play tonight.  Oy that is a PP.  

Look closer, the two players you are commending also had turnovers and missed checks. You will always see what you are looking for.

11 hours ago, alfstonker said:

It never was for me.

I posted some time ago I would rather lose Guddy. I still think Sbisa will get even better.

Rather keep both and trade one of  Edler or Tanev for a kings ransom at the TDL to a cup contender. Put one of those two in a package with Hansen to a cup contender, take some cap back and let the offers come in. 

Could be be the best buy for cup teams this season. 

Sbisa is showing he is a keeper, Guddy is not gong to get value this year and we just traded for him.  No sense in trading a second and decent prospect for a guy just to give up on the player after 20 ish games. That is idiotic. Neither will garner much on the trade market. 

My my two cents 

EW

2 minutes ago, Eastcoast meets Westcoast said:

Rather keep both and trade one of  Edler or Tanev for a kings ransom at the TDL to a cup contender. 

Can someone explain why it's always Edler or Tanev that is dangled in these discussions? 

Why wouldn't we trade Hutton instead (no NTC, LHD)?

Do we just not believe we'd get as much value for him?

25 minutes ago, nzan said:

Can someone explain why it's always Edler or Tanev that is dangled in these discussions? 

Why wouldn't we trade Hutton instead (no NTC, LHD)?

Do we just not believe we'd get as much value for him?

It's also with expansion in mind - the team can only protect 3 of Gudbranson, Edler, Tanev or Sbisa.  Hutton is exempt.

1 hour ago, Eastcoast meets Westcoast said:

Rather keep both and trade one of  Edler or Tanev for a kings ransom at the TDL to a cup contender. Put one of those two in a package with Hansen to a cup contender, take some cap back and let the offers come in. 

Could be be the best but for cup teams this season. 

Sbisa is showing he is a keeper, Guddy is not gong to get value this year and we just traded for him.  No sense in trading a second and decent prospect for a guy just to give up on the player after 20 ish games. That is idiotic. Neither will garner much on the trade market. 

My my two cents 

EW

Agreed,

Tanner would be my choice as Edler has much more physicality.

6 hours ago, Mattrek said:

I will always remember that goal. Right up there with Sidney Crosby in 2010 that not only won us the gold, but also the most golds of any host nation in history. It was a special moment and so was this. Love my country and love my team.

It was so apt in that it summed up everything that epitomised Sedin play.

7 hours ago, redhdlois said:

So happy I was at the game to witness Henrik's milestone....just p*ssed that he did it at the other end of the rink  :rolleyes:  (I was in Sec 116). 

I did see Bo take that puck to the face though and that was bloody scary.

It must have been - seeing it was the back of his head - you need better seats. :P

8 hours ago, KKnight said:

I thought tonight was the first game i saw where Sedins and Eriksson looked like they had chemistry. I do agree Eriksson is not the guy for that line, but they had some grade A scoring chances, plus they put one on the board. I know Eriksson is not putting up the points like a 6 mil guy, but i do like having him on the team. He seems like hes battling more and you can see his hockey IQ, hes a smart player. Still rather have him than Lucic for sure. 

I agree. It looked like Eriksson was really coming back and playing hard on the back check. 

Archived