The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks @ Predators

-Vintage Canuck-

13 minutes ago, lmm said:

you know I would agree with you except Sutter and Horvat never hit and Stetcher is a mighty mouse. 

If Horvat really wants to lead this team he is going to have to learn to play tougher than he does now, same goes for Sutter, he shows none of the heart his father and uncles are famous for.

Sorry, I saw at least two hits apiece from both Sutter and Horvat.

2 hours ago, Mustapha said:

Why do the Canucks always seem to end up with the crappier brother?

Pronger

Fedorov

Kariya

Granlund

I see now why Burkie was so set on making sure he got both Sedins, because if they were drafted separately, whoever would have ended up here probably would have become a bust.

Linden

Bure

Sundstrom

Babych

2 hours ago, StealthNuck said:

Our first line:

Daniel - 8 games no goals

Henrik - 6 games no goals

Eriksson - 9 games no goals

Combined -35

I am starting to feel sorry for old Hank.

between Dank and Loui he doesn't stand much of a chance.

That said, that pass through 3 Preds was shear wizzardry.... except it got picked off for a goal

1 hour ago, Beary Sweet said:

That was terrible performance all around. We had so many chances but couldn't convert on any on them. Our PP continues to struggle and it's time that we mix it up. I'd put Horvat with one of the Sedins, Sutter, Eriksson and Stecher. I think that could provide a spark and get the PP going. Horvat always has some jump when he carries the puck into the zone and he will easily get shots off and create chances for his teammates. He had a solid game tonight. He was flying and set up Edler with a nice feed for him to roof it home. Edler himself had a up and down game. He allowed a goal off him into our own net. He was okay defensively but he needs to tighten that part of his game still. Stecher was okay. He tried to walk and get shots off and what's even better is his teammates passed to him while on the PP and he was passing it back to them so he has earned trust from his teammates and he earned it long ago. Marky was solid. He allowed a couple soft goals but other than that, he bounced back tremendously and kept the boys in it or else this game would've gotten out of hand. Hansen and Sutter alongside Stecher and Bo continue to play their hearts out and leave everything on the ice and work hard each and every shift, always creating chances and helping their teammates out when they get in scrums. Hope the boys bounce back Thursday vs the Jackets. Won't be easy but the Jackets have cooled off so there's a chance we could steal one. Looking forward for a much better performance this time around. GCG!

Why don't we just accept the fact they are not a very good team, which is why they are struggling.

16 minutes ago, lmm said:

you know I would agree with you except Sutter and Horvat never hit and Stetcher is a mighty mouse. 

If Horvat really wants to lead this team he is going to have to learn to play tougher than he does now, same goes for Sutter, he shows none of the heart his father and uncles are famous for.

He's still a "Sutter" even if he doesn't play like "traditional Sutter" one.  He has that toughness within himself...just need Darth Sidious (nah, I ain't talking about Mike Keenan) to bring out the hate....

Have people forgotten how he REALLY clocked this guy - (granted it was a LONG time ago...):

2 hours ago, Mustapha said:

Why do the Canucks always seem to end up with the crappier brother?

Pronger

Fedorov

Kariya

Granlund

I see now why Burkie was so set on making sure he got both Sedins, because if they were drafted separately, whoever would have ended up here probably would have become a bust.

Patrik Sundstrom >>>>>>> Peter Sundstrom  (they're actually twins!)

There were two main reasons the Canucks lost the game:

#1  Sedins lack of offensive play

#2  Sedins lack of defensive play

Oh by the way, Burr had a great night, almost had two goals, hustling the whole time, and made a difference to the 2nd unit PP... he should be on it permanently.

Sedin ($7MM)  +  Sedin ($7MM) +  Eriksson ($6MM)  =  $20MM,  which gets you a collective 81 points to date ($247,000 per point).

Horvat ($0.894MM)  +  Baertschi ($1.85MM)  +  Burrows ($4.5MM)  =  $7.24MM, which gets you a collective 78 points to date ($92,820 per point)

Sutter ($4.375MM)  +  Granlund ($0.900MM)  +  Megna ($0.600MM)  =  $5.875MM, which gets you a collective 53 points to date ($110,849 per point)

This explains why the team is sinking lower and lower in the standings.

As a point of interest, St. Louis Blues which has reasonably comparable point totals to us, its top line is paid $20.3MM and has amassed 119 points to date.

The team needs to start drafting players who can score and have them in the line-up as soon as the Sedins' contracts expire, following next season.

Cheers.

25 minutes ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

There were two main reasons the Canucks lost the game:

#1  Sedins lack of offensive play

#2  Sedins lack of defensive play

Oh by the way, Burr had a great night, almost had two goals, hustling the whole time, and made a difference to the 2nd unit PP... he should be on it permanently.

I'm coming around to the conclusion that it wasn't Burrows that was the problem when the Sedins/Burrows line started to fade. He also had a bunch of bad injuries that I think were bugging him longer than was let on, and this season he is finally feeling closer to 100%.

Just kept thinking that I thought the Walking Dead was Sunday night not tonight while watching the game. Anyhow wrong time to fire the coach in my opinion. "IF" and that is a big if - they do make a change they should do it right after the last game of the year. Worst thing that could happen is breath some life into this group and end up with a later draft pick. Coaching is only part of the problem.  Changing coaches at this point would be to push for the playoffs, and with this season all but tanked I would rather see us continue to play younger players and continue their development .....

43 minutes ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

Sorry, I saw at least two hits apiece from both Sutter and Horvat.

wow that's cool.

event summary has Sutter with 1 and Bo with 0.

the Canucks were credited with 11, the only one I vaguely remember was Skille's

3 hours ago, Trebreh said:

good coaches have been fired this season and somehow Willie D is still here... i hope when they get back from this roadtrip they leave WD on the damn plane. then go full on sale mode on the TD. 

We fired Tort, thats enough for the decade.

Archived