The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks @ Predators

-Vintage Canuck-

58 minutes ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

There were two main reasons the Canucks lost the game:

#1  Sedins lack of offensive play

#2  Sedins lack of defensive play

Oh by the way, Burr had a great night, almost had two goals, hustling the whole time, and made a difference to the 2nd unit PP... he should be on it permanently.

I disagree.

The first Nashville goal both Sedins had a weak defensive effort = true.

But credit where it's due - another main reason for the loss was that incompetent space cadet Tim Peel gifted Nashville the winning goal on a phantom interference call on Sbisa.

4 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

The team seriously has no pulse all game and shows up in the last 5 mins of the game.

Too many guys on this team being paid lots but don't produce enough offensive results.  Looking squarely at the top three highest paid players on the team, Daniel, Hank and Loui

Yup. Those guys could help a contending team. But for a team in a "rebuild" to have 20+ MILLION DOLLARS invested in a top line that's grossly under-performing....

They took the risk betting that Eriksson would jumpstart that first line (I was on board with this too) but it has failed miserably.

Swallow your pride and cut bait. Get Boucher out there and let him skate off the rest of his chubz, get the rest of the kids in there , hopefully Boeser if he signs with us next year and roll the dice.

Stop living in the past. CHANGE FOR %$ SAKE. Torts was saying this YEARS ago and he was right! But half those guys are still here! Duhhhhhhhhhh..... how's Torts doing this year again?

11 hours ago, cuporbust said:

Because we are still doing better then most predicted. 

Are we?  Outside of the click bait eastern media sites that had us at ridiculous 65 points, most had this team as a bubble playoff team.  That's exactly where we are.  Meeting expectations does not equal doing better than most predicted..

8 hours ago, oldnews said:

I disagree.

The first Nashville goal both Sedins had a weak defensive effort = true.

But credit where it's due - another main reason for the loss was that incompetent space cadet Tim Peel gifted Nashville the winning goal on a phantom interference call on Sbisa.

Couldn't watch the game. Can anyone post the hit that Peel penalized? If the hit was borderline, why wouldn't the Pred hooks at the end of the 3rd be called?

10 hours ago, orcasgonewild said:

We need hischier or patrick and of story. Aim for the bottom

Hell even Timothy liljegren could allow us to ditch Edler or Tanev 

Neither Hischier or Patrick are franchising changing talent. Both are below average #1OA picks, Bob McKenzie said multiple times now that Patrick would go anywhere from 4-7 in last year's draft and the same for Nico. Not sure how you expect those two to change a franchise, even if we win the draft lottery.

12 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

The team seriously has no pulse all game and shows up in the last 5 mins of the game.

Too many guys on this team being paid lots but don't produce enough offensive results.  Looking squarely at the top three highest paid players on the team, Daniel, Hank and Loui

Absolutely, if your best players don't or can't play their best, you don't win.

22 minutes ago, GoBoGo53 said:

Neither Hischier or Patrick are franchising changing talent. Both are below average #1OA picks, Bob McKenzie said multiple times now that Patrick would go anywhere from 4-7 in last year's draft and the same for Nico. Not sure how you expect those two to change a franchise, even if we win the draft lottery.

I'll tell you how, hischiers first season in the q this year and has 76 points in 43 games. That's his first year meaning his adjustment from Europe was amazing. And as for patrick I have mixed feelings about him, tbh I think hischier is better and should maybe go back to the q next year to bulk up to 190-185 range. Ik one more year there will get him probably 120 points if he continues his pace. I think hischier has a better offensive ceiling than patrick. I do think hischier will help this team. But we also need another move as I said having boeser and hischier won't cut it. We need one more piece maybe Zach Aston-Reese or maybe a trade will get us that piece. Id want to trade Edler to Tampa tbh I know he has a ntc but I'm sure he'll go since they have better team. That could get us a first and one of tampas talented prospects. We'll see cuz our team will be defined by the moves benning makes at the deadline and this off-season.

9 minutes ago, orcasgonewild said:

I'll tell you how, hischiers first season in the q this year and has 76 points in 43 games. That's his first year meaning his adjustment from Europe was amazing. And as for patrick I have mixed feelings about him, tbh I think hischier is better and should maybe go back to the q next year to bulk up to 190-185 range. Ik one more year there will get him probably 120 points if he continues his pace. I think hischier has a better offensive ceiling than patrick. I do think hischier will help this team. But we also need another move as I said having boeser and hischier won't cut it. We need one more piece maybe Zach Aston-Reese or maybe a trade will get us that piece. Id want to trade Edler to Tampa tbh I know he has a ntc but I'm sure he'll go since they have better team. That could get us a first and one of tampas talented prospects. We'll see cuz our team will be defined by the moves benning makes at the deadline and this off-season.

Honestly dude sorry to tell you that, and I see others doing it as well, Boeser, Hischier and Aston-Reese still don't make this team a contender at all, still not even close. 

We had the opportunity to draft a player similar or better than Hischier in Nylander and passed. That was a missed opportunity. 

This team needs a stud #1C (i.e McDavid, Eichel, Matthews) and a stud young #1 defenseman (Ekblad, Jones, Ristolainen, Lindholm, Rielly). Nobody in our system or on our team is either of those pieces. Hischier isn't either, neither is Timothy Lijigren (sp). The team is far off and needs a retool/rebuild badly.

Just now, Davathor said:

Yeah keep telling yourself that. Lol.

Don't be a negative nancy, we r 3 moves away from playoffs. And if I have to spell out the moves I will.

Move 1) tell Edler u don't want him and ask him about a trade to Tampa bay 

Send him to Tampa for a first and a prospect.

Move 2) sign Zach Aston Reese in off season 

Move 3) trade Hansen Burrows and miller for picks and maybe prospects at deadline

Then u lost:

Edler Hansen Burrows Miller 

And got:

2 1sts, 2nd, third, Zach Aston Reese, boeser, and a couple B prospects 

Draft well and allow prospects to make impression 

Potential team: 

Baertschi horvat boeser 

Sedins Eriksson 

Granlund Sutter Aston-Reese 

Fourth line could be any mix of the gotten prospects or this year's 1St round picks.

Brings youth and size skill.

Defensive pairs are 

Hutton Tanev 

Tryamkin stecher 

Pedan Guddy 

Marky 

2 minutes ago, GoBoGo53 said:

Honestly dude sorry to tell you that, and I see others doing it as well, Boeser, Hischier and Aston-Reese still don't make this team a contender at all, still not even close. 

We had the opportunity to draft a player similar or better than Hischier in Nylander and passed. That was a missed opportunity. 

This team needs a stud #1C (i.e McDavid, Eichel, Matthews) and a stud young #1 defenseman (Ekblad, Jones, Ristolainen, Lindholm, Rielly). Nobody in our system or on our team is either of those pieces. Hischier isn't either, neither is Timothy Lijigren (sp). The team is far off and needs a retool/rebuild badly.

Trust me I wanna rebuild too and I don't think it would take long for our team to turn around. Patrick and hischier are good. Even Timothy liljegren would be cool. If we traded Edler and Tanev we could get really nice returns. As well as getting rid of Hansen Burrows and miller. Our team would have tons of cap picks and prospects after that. Signing Zach Aston-Reese would be great too 

16 minutes ago, orcasgonewild said:

Don't be a negative nancy, we r 3 moves away from playoffs. And if I have to spell out the moves I will.

Move 1) tell Edler u don't want him and ask him about a trade to Tampa bay 

Send him to Tampa for a first and a prospect.

Move 2) sign Zach Aston Reese in off season 

Move 3) trade Hansen Burrows and miller for picks and maybe prospects at deadline

Then u lost:

Edler Hansen Burrows Miller 

And got:

2 1sts, 2nd, third, Zach Aston Reese, boeser, and a couple B prospects 

Draft well and allow prospects to make impression 

Potential team: 

Baertschi horvat boeser 

Sedins Eriksson 

Granlund Sutter Aston-Reese 

Fourth line could be any mix of the gotten prospects or this year's 1St round picks.

Brings youth and size skill.

Defensive pairs are 

Hutton Tanev 

Tryamkin stecher 

Pedan Guddy 

Marky 

Youve basically added an unproven college player to the first line, shipped off some minor parts (magically waived NTC's) and threw a second unproven prospect for our 3rd line and called it a contender. 

I want to believe we are that close to being a cup contender, I really do, but you need to ste back and take a look at what you are proposing, and what you are advertising as a "contender"... because that lineup, my friend, is only going to contend for the 2018 draft lottery.

6 minutes ago, Davathor said:

Youve basically added an unproven college player to the first line, shipped off some minor parts (magically waived NTC's) and threw a second unproven prospect for our 3rd line and called it a contender. 

I want to believe we are that close to being a cup contender, I really do, but you need to ste back and take a look at what you are proposing, and what you are advertising as a "contender"... because that lineup, my friend, is only going to contend for the 2018 draft lottery.

Don't u think the reason canucks damage their prospects is because they don't put them in a position to succeed.

Addidng boeser on top of second line gives him a chance to succeed instead of like virtanen playing on the fourth line every day.

And Zack Aston-Reese is good, third line will suit him in fact he'll probably pass Eriksson on the depth chart if he screws around again next season. 

And Edler and any other player would leave Vancouver if they knew they weren't wanted anymore. Edler even said that himself. 

Did u think stecher would no immediately to our top 4? If course there's a chance im wrong or right but if you give a young player a chance to succeed they'll do well. 

Archived