The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Gustav Nyqvist: Ugly Spear to the Face of Spurgeon

2 hours ago, Green Building said:

Heard a blurb on the radio, something to the effect of "Nyquist goes insane for a couple seconds" and wondered what was being referenced. That play definitely fits the description.

In no league anywhere is that less than an automatic match penalty. He should be well rested when he returns from a long suspension.

In the NFL, if one player took his helmet off and swung it hitting another helmet less player in the face, I wonder what the suspension would be?  I'm thinking half a season, or more.  

3 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

All slashes to the body and one high stick,  I could make the same baseles claim that I could see Buurows doing what Nyquist did using your "evidence" compilation of Marchands.

Also butthurt is applicable here as anytime the Bruins are mentioned half of cdc goes nuts with conspiracy bs. 

You said he isn't much of a stick swinger. I showed you otherwise. 

I can see why you'd use terms like butthurt instead of actually making arguments as to why you are right or wrong. 

And I'm not arguing that Marchand would do this (what Nyqvist did), just showing that your comment that he isn't much of a stick swinger isn't accurate. 

Just now, Down by the River said:

You said he isn't much of a stick swinger. I showed you otherwise. 

I can see why you'd use terms like butthurt instead of actually making arguments as to why you are right or wrong. 

And I'm not arguing that Marchand would do this (what Nyqvist did), just showing that your comment that he isn't much of a stick swinger isn't accurate. 

I should have clarified I meant stick swinger in the 50's-70's sense of swinging at the face. My mistake. 

On 2017-02-12 at 7:48 PM, Jägermeister said:

10+ without a doubt.  I'd be okay with far longer.

Absolutely disgusting play that has zero place in the game.  I like(d) Nyquist as a player but he should be ashamed of himself and get himself ready for a long break.

Anything less than 10 is unacceptable, should be 15 but DPS are the biggest idiots in NHL head office so who knows

13 minutes ago, Pears said:

Light tap to a ref = automatic 10

Deliberate attempt to take a players eye out = 6 games

Is there any organization that has their priorities more backwards than the absolute disgrace that is Player Safety?

That's the problem when they make it up as they go along.

With the light tap to a ref, it's in a book.  Like you said, it's automatic.  What they need is a chart that shows the automatic suspension for 'intent to injure by spearing a guy in the face'.

7 minutes ago, goalie13 said:

That's the problem when they make it up as they go along.

With the light tap to a ref, it's in a book.  Like you said, it's automatic.  What they need is a chart that shows the automatic suspension for 'intent to injure by spearing a guy in the face'.

Yea and we all know if Edler or Burrows did that the NHL would have no problem suspending them for the rest of the season if they did that. Heck, they'd probably announce the suspension right after the game.

On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 0:29 PM, canuck73_3 said:

All slashes to the body and one high stick,  I could make the same baseles claim that I could see Buurows doing what Nyquist did using your "evidence" compilation of Marchands.

Also butthurt is applicable here as anytime the Bruins are mentioned half of cdc goes nuts with conspiracy bs. 

Actually it's anytime Marchand is mentioned.

Archived