The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2017-18 Season Tickets Thread

WalkWithElias

9 hours ago, BCNeil said:

Have you considered going to UBIV?  I think they will still be break even next year if you need to sell most.  They seem to be much easier to sell than UBII...in bad times anyways,  it's actually much easier to price them, as you just have to compare against other cheap seats.

We thought about it, but with us living in the Fraser Valley now and the Baby, the amount of games we would go to has dropped substantially, and every time I sell tickets I have to drive into town to basically break even. If you add that to the time spent posting them for sale and trying to find buyers, it's a lot of extra work. Don't get me wrong. I loves being a STH. But we sat down an weighed all the pros and cons and a tough decision had to be made. We might pick them back up in a few years. 

7 hours ago, DonaldBrashear said:

Ah, that's a shame. But I think you probably won't end up regretting it after the next few years. We are definitely in for a rough patch. While I am optimistic about the Canucks being a decent team, the fact of the matter is we have arguably two of the youngest "up n coming" teams in the league in our division - Edmonton and Calgary. I really could see the Oilers and Flames being like Pittsburgh and Washington in the next 10 years... total domination of the division. We had our fun for many years kicking the crap out of the Oilers and Flames but I feel like next year the tables will turn :( I guess Neil probably doesn't care though cause he has ST's to the Flames and Oilers too ha!

I think you are probably right. Which is why I am optimistic that I could probably pick them back up in a few years and probably not lose much in the way of seniority. I'm UBII right now. If I had to come back in a few years even at UBIII or UBIV and work my way back up, it wouldn't be the end of the world. 

Hi guys, I'm not sure where I should post this so re-direct me if you could but I'm looking to buy 4 tickets for the home season finale against the Oilers. I heard rumours that tickets were super cheap this year but when I check Ticketmaster or Stubhub there minimum $150 a ticket. Yikes. Anyone know where to get a better deal? Would appreciate it! :)

8 minutes ago, Pearly Jamble said:

Hi guys, I'm not sure where I should post this so re-direct me if you could but I'm looking to buy 4 tickets for the home season finale against the Oilers. I heard rumours that tickets were super cheap this year but when I check Ticketmaster or Stubhub there minimum $150 a ticket. Yikes. Anyone know where to get a better deal? Would appreciate it! :)

Hmmm, those prices seem off. I just checked for you and....Stubhub has 4 tickets in a row for $82.22 USD per ticket all fees included (Approx $112 CDN per ticket). TicketExchange by Ticketmaster has 4 tickets in a row for $476.60 all-in for 4 tickets, which works out to around $119 a ticket. Yes, there are super cheap tickets this year but unfortunately Edmonton season finale is still quite expensive because it's Edmonton and it takes place on a Saturday. You can pick up 4 tickets in a row to Anaheim much cheaper :)

DonaldBrashear is pretty much spot on, you're looking at a premium plus game on a Saturday against a popular team, while tickets are much cheaper than they were a few years ago you're not going to find really cheap tickets to that game unless you find a desperate scalper well into the first period.  I would expect to pay around $100-$130 per seat depending on the section of course, assuming you don't want lower bowl centre ice/club seats you should be able to find some decent seats for that price.  If you're looking to spend a lot less going to a week night game will save you a lot of money.

Canucks season tickets a tough sell as NHL team struggles

http://vancouversun.com/news/local-news/canucks-season-tickets-a-tough-sell-as-nhl-team-struggles

The Canucks’ March 7 home game against the Canadiens was packed with enough Habs fans that it might have been hard to tell that the game was taking place at Rogers Arena.

That is telling, according to sports-marketing expert Tom Mayenknecht, about the challenge the Canucks face marketing the team as they head into season-ticket renewals.

So many season-ticket holders had given up their seats for what would usually be a prime game to attend, Mayenknecht said, that “two-thirds of the arena that night was cheering for the Habs.”

The team is trying to rally with a revamped pricing structure that lowers some prices on season tickets, along with gifts and credits for food-and-beverage services, but the team is probably still going to be a tough sell.

The Canucks are in the difficult position of the business cycle for an NHL franchise, Mayenknecht said, somewhere between falling out of Stanley Cup contention and rebuilding. But they aren’t quite at the point of re-sparking the excitement needed to spur an increase in sales.

“The marketing of hope that is so important when you’re marketing in these transitions hasn’t really kicked in yet,” Mayenknecht said.

In the halcyon days, when they finished first in the NHL regular season two years in a row and went to the Cup final in 2011, the team had to cap season tickets at about 17,000, with a waiting list that stretched to 6,000.

It was an enviable position, Mayenknecht said, with season-ticket-renewal rates running about 98 per cent, with the 150 or so lost sales easily replaceable from the waiting list.

That season-ticket base has fallen. Renewals were down about 15 per cent last year, said team executive Jeff Stipec, though he wouldn’t be specific about the number of how much lower.

However, Stipec argued the team is starting to see some “new energy” in Rogers Arena through a renewed effort at marketing group sales for single-game tickets, which were up double digits, which is bringing fans to the arena who might not have been to games for a long time.

“There were nights this year when there were empty places, but overall, it was a very encouraging year,” Stipec said.

As for season tickets, Stipec said the team is keeping prices “flat” on average for the fifth straight season. But the team has reconfigured its pricing structure to add 12 new price categories that brought the entry point for lower-bowl tickets down to an average of $74 per game, versus $85 last season.

Ticket packages will include a $200 credit for food-and-beverage services and a new Adidas authentic jersey per account for full-season purchases, a $100 credit and limited-edition hat for half-season purchases, plus options for prizes and other special offers.

“We’re trying to build these deeper relationships with fans,” Stipec said. “We’re trying to give them a reason to come a little bit earlier and stay a little later.”

Season-ticket renewals opened last week with an April 6 deadline before new season-ticket sales are offered, and a week in, Stipec said the team is optimistic about an increase in sales over the same period last year.

Many fans are likely looking for better deals on the tickets, however, especially while the team is rebuilding.

Nick Hosseinzadeh and a group of friends jumped at the chance to buy into a group of four, half-season tickets in 2014-15 when the waiting list opened up to realize a lifelong dream. This season, 25-year-old Hosseinzadeh shifted back to an 11-game, quarter-season share, which he renewed as much to serve as a placeholder to stay in line when the Canucks are a winning team again.

“Going to Canucks games, it’s almost like work, especially with how bad they’ve played,” Hosseinzadeh said.

There have been some good games, Hosseinzadeh said, and he enjoys watching the new prospects develop. But he hasn’t been able to sell any tickets for games he can’t go to and finds it hard to even give them away.

Hosseinzadeh is also a Whitecaps season-ticket holder and said he finds the atmosphere at a bad soccer match more fun than a Canucks game.

“They’ve got to do something different than give you cash and a jersey (for a full-season renewal),” he said. “It really comes down to the product on the ice. If the Canucks aren’t good, give me 10 jerseys and I’m still not going to pay for full-season tickets.”

It isn’t that fans don’t see hope coming, said Kingsley Bailey, a broker with the Vancouver Ticket and Tour Service, but the secondary market remains a tough business in the meantime.

“I’ve talked to a lot of season-ticket holders who are not renewing,” Bailey said.

5 hours ago, DonaldBrashear said:

I still haven't heard anything about renewals

There must be something wrong. We have seasons at work. My boss was on vacation and we didn't renew yet. We already got 2 emails reminders. I would contact my representative if I was you.

5 hours ago, DonaldBrashear said:

I still haven't heard anything about renewals

2 minutes ago, Curt said:

There must be something wrong. We have seasons at work. My boss was on vacation and we didn't renew yet. We already got 2 emails reminders. I would contact my representative if I was you.

I agree. I've already had a couple reminder emails as well. 

28 minutes ago, Roger Neilson's Towel said:

31 minutes ago, Curt said:

4 hours ago, Jaimito said:

deadline is tomorrow for the free draws. 

I'm renewing. 

So odd. It can't be a glitch. That would be a huge glitch. My friend has season tickets too and hasn't gotten any email. What about you @BCNeil did you renew yet?

18 minutes ago, DonaldBrashear said:

So odd. It can't be a glitch. That would be a huge glitch. My friend has season tickets too and hasn't gotten any email. What about you @BCNeil did you renew yet?

I renewed last week. Better phone them, something is up.

Unless you have Ice Paks, those may still be released in phases.

Ive gotten 2 reminders already. I'll renew tomorrow. If my buddies company doesn't buy a large chunk of tickets like they normally do I am going to be pretty screwed. Pretty hard to give up our seats after finally getting the seats we wanted this year.....first row behind wheelchair seats in upper bowl with no one in front of us and aisle seats to boot. Luckily at a good price point and I'll just look to sell off chunks to others and go to more games. Also know they people beside and behind me so can always swap for 4 in a row to a bunch of games. 

On ‎2017‎-‎03‎-‎23 at 6:43 PM, jmahyoung said:

I renewed last week. Better phone them, something is up.

Unless you have Ice Paks, those may still be released in phases.

22 hours ago, the_impersonator13 said:

Ive gotten 2 reminders already. I'll renew tomorrow. If my buddies company doesn't buy a large chunk of tickets like they normally do I am going to be pretty screwed. Pretty hard to give up our seats after finally getting the seats we wanted this year.....first row behind wheelchair seats in upper bowl with no one in front of us and aisle seats to boot. Luckily at a good price point and I'll just look to sell off chunks to others and go to more games. Also know they people beside and behind me so can always swap for 4 in a row to a bunch of games. 

On ‎2017‎-‎03‎-‎23 at 5:53 PM, Roger Neilson's Towel said:

On ‎2017‎-‎03‎-‎23 at 5:50 PM, Curt said:

On ‎2017‎-‎03‎-‎23 at 1:53 PM, Jaimito said:

deadline is tomorrow for the free draws. 

I'm renewing. 

So I phoned Canucks again today and the guy on the phone said that only 50% renewals went out last week. He said other 50% of renewals go out sometime next week. He said the renewals were random no rhyme or reason as to who got a renewal. I asked about the early bird draw and he said he thinks they are doing two early bird draws (one for each group).

I understand why they are doing this, because they have obviously limited staff and have probably made cuts due to finances, so they don't want to overwhelm their staff but they could have communicated it better. A simple email saying "We are going to be doing renewals in two stages. You are part of stage 2. Your renewal period will begin on ______" would have been nice.

Anyways, that's the answer to anyone who hasn't gotten their renewal email yet.

14 minutes ago, DonaldBrashear said:

So I phoned Canucks again today and the guy on the phone said that only 50% renewals went out last week. He said other 50% of renewals go out sometime next week. He said the renewals were random no rhyme or reason as to who got a renewal. I asked about the early bird draw and he said he thinks they are doing two early bird draws (one for each group).

I understand why they are doing this, because they have obviously limited staff and have probably made cuts due to finances, so they don't want to overwhelm their staff but they could have communicated it better. A simple email saying "We are going to be doing renewals in two stages. You are part of stage 2. Your renewal period will begin on ______" would have been nice.

Anyways, that's the answer to anyone who hasn't gotten their renewal email yet.

Thanks for the update. I hope everyone gets there notices soon. I renewed today. Got into the early bird draws. Had the option of all 4 custom benefits (ticket exchange, prices on seats, name on tickets, and one other) instead of 2....got the $200 food and beverage, free jersey and for auto renewal got the $50 per seat waived for monthly payments. Not bad at all. I remember when I worked for the nucks in the late 90's when we sucked and were selling "hope " we were giving away Air Canada companion tickets.

Renewals down 15 percent? Sorry but that's " Ugly" for any team, let alone one in a Canadian market. Just goes to show that fans won't "support" a rebuild. It's gonna get real ugly if they don't compete in the next 2 years.

2 hours ago, Nucks89 said:

Renewals down 15 percent? Sorry but that's " Ugly" for any team, let alone one in a Canadian market. Just goes to show that fans won't "support" a rebuild. It's gonna get real ugly if they don't compete in the next 2 years.

15% was last year. And that's their numbers. I suspect this year might be way worse. Like maybe a 70% renewal rate

On 2/19/2017 at 2:41 PM, Alflives said:

Doesn't it bother fans up here that we are subsidizing, with our hard earned dollars, those southern US teams?

Nope, in order for the big TV deal to go through the NHL needed to have a presence in those markets, it's essential for the long-term viability of the NHL,

Plus it's more jobs for players and coaches,

I just wish they would manage those franchises properly, Phoenix was able to draw 10,000 a game until they built that stupid arena way the hell out in B.F 

To get an idea of how stupid that was, pretend that the Canucks played in Abbotsford, now picture the traffic during rush hour (when you would have to drive to the game) as being twice as bad as the worst Vancouver has to offer,

Make no mistake Phoenix could have been pretty good, the fact that they have had some rocking houses for the playoffs proves the fans are there and it could work, but the NHL made it impossible for fans to get to the games.

Then take FLA, the problem there is mis-managment, really looooooong term mismanagement, there are plenty of hockey fans in FLA, Tampa does fine, but when your team is a joke for DECADES at a time even hockey fans aren't going to support you. Also, while they used to draw 10,000 plus to the old Miami arena (In a bad neighborhood but it was central at least) the team built their arena to far from the most densely populated regions.  Again, FLA has looked great durring the playoffs, the fan support is there the NHL just needs to stop kicking them in the b@lls

Even in Canada cheaping-out on arena real-estate can cost you at the gate. The Senators ill-advised move to Kanata has always left them at the bottom of Canadian attendance lists.

The Canucks at least did one thing right, and the fact that our games are sparsely attended is a tribute to how flakey this fan base is. Our arena is in the exact place it should be, people can go to the game, then hit the bars then take the Skytrain home, they can make a hockey game PART of a night out instead of going to a game meaning hours in traffic, inability to drink and no options of doing anything else with the night.

I think the NHL should be where it is I just think they should stop half-assing it. And make sure these franchises are in a position to succeeded  

19 minutes ago, terrible.dee said:

Nope, in order for the big TV deal to go through the NHL needed to have a presence in those markets, it's essential for the long-term viability of the NHL,

Plus it's more jobs for players and coaches,

I just wish they would manage those franchises properly, Phoenix was able to draw 10,000 a game until they built that stupid arena way the hell out in B.F 

To get an idea of how stupid that was, pretend that the Canucks played in Abbotsford, now picture the traffic during rush hour (when you would have to drive to the game) as being twice as bad as the worst Vancouver has to offer,

Make no mistake Phoenix could have been pretty good, the fact that they have had some rocking houses for the playoffs proves the fans are there and it could work, but the NHL made it impossible for fans to get to the games.

Then take FLA, the problem there is mis-managment, really looooooong term mismanagement, there are plenty of hockey fans in FLA, Tampa does fine, but when your team is a joke for DECADES at a time even hockey fans aren't going to support you. Also, while they used to draw 10,000 plus to the old Miami arena (In a bad neighborhood but it was central at least) the team built their arena to far from the most densely populated regions.  Again, FLA has looked great durring the playoffs, the fan support is there the NHL just needs to stop kicking them in the b@lls

Even in Canada cheaping-out on arena real-estate can cost you at the gate. The Senators ill-advised move to Kanata has always left them at the bottom of Canadian attendance lists.

The Canucks at least did one thing right, and the fact that our games are sparsely attended is a tribute to how flakey this fan base is. Our arena is in the exact place it should be, people can go to the game, then hit the bars then take the Skytrain home, they can make a hockey game PART of a night out instead of going to a game meaning hours in traffic, inability to drink and no options of doing anything else with the night.

I think the NHL should be where it is I just think they should stop half-assing it. And make sure these franchises are in a position to succeeded  

Yeah. I work with a guy Phoenix and his kid is really into hockey but it's such a pain to get out Glendale for a game they hardly ever go. Same with Ottawa.....I went to game there about 10 years ago on Saturday and sat On the highway for an hour not moving and there is one freaking road and 1 main parking lot for their arena. 

8 minutes ago, the_impersonator13 said:

Yeah. I work with a guy Phoenix and his kid is really into hockey but it's such a pain to get out Glendale for a game they hardly ever go. Same with Ottawa.....I went to game there about 10 years ago on Saturday and sat On the highway for an hour not moving and there is one freaking road and 1 main parking lot for their arena. 

This! 

You have with those two stories exposed where 90% of the problem lies

It's like they say in real estate and brick and mortar business

LOCATION... LOCATION... LOCATION

Archived