The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jonathan Dahlén | C/LW

Mathew Barzal

Dahlén with primary points on each of the three goals. Can’t ask for much more than that from your star player!

And looks like he’ll get a chance to play hero still. Leksand ties it 3-3 (Dahlén on ice for the GA) with 5 minutes remaining.

Come on JD! 

Ew... late PK. Hope they can kill it off.

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME

4 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Dahlén with primary points on each of the three goals. Can’t ask for much more than that from your star player!

And looks like he’ll get a chance to play hero still. Leksand ties it 3-3 (Dahlén on ice for the GA) with 5 minutes remaining.

Come on JD! 

This final is a best of three isn't it?   I think that is what my bad translation of telecast heard.

4 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

This final is a best of three isn't it?   I think that is what my bad translation of telecast heard.

I thought it was 5. Lemme just check.

Yeah, best of five series. @ForzaTikare laid it out well in a post earlier. I also just checked the schedule to verify.

I think the loser will play best of three against the winner of the playoff between the 3-8 ranked teams. 

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME

11 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

I thought it was 5. Lemme just check.

Yeah, best of five series. @ForzaTikare laid it out well in a post earlier. I also just checked the schedule to verify.

I think the loser will play best of three against the winner of the playoff between the 3-8 ranked teams. 

Playoff overtime rules now, 5v5 until someone scores

5 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

So he's in on every goal in the playoffs in a men's league, after being the top player on his team two years running as an 18-20 year old.  Sounds like another Utica candidate, needing more development.

A couple years Should be enough :rolleyes:

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Hutton Wink said:

So he's in on every goal in the playoffs in a men's league, after being the top player on his team two years running as an 18-20 year old.  Sounds like another Utica candidate, needing more development.

If he has a 2 way game at all which I believe he does I think it is all but a forgone conclusion that the Canucks trade Goldobin in a package or by himself at the draft for a draft pick or prospect that plays a different position. Green doesn't trust Goldy and with his recent stretch of games he hasn't improved his chances and now he sits.

Enter EP, Gaudette, Lind, Gadj & Dahlen all potentially pushing for a spot with a good camp next fall. Couple for sure at least will go to Utica but I just see no room for Goldy if the coach has yet to see any improvement.

Just hope Dahlen comes over to finish this year with Utica even if he only gets a few games in, first he has to dominate the rest of the playoffs

12 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

If he has a 2 way game at all which I believe he does I think it is all but a forgone conclusion that the Canucks trade Goldobin in a package or by himself at the draft for a draft pick or prospect that plays a different position. Green doesn't trust Goldy and with his recent stretch of games he hasn't improved his chances and now he sits.

Yeah, Goldy's really on the clock, especially now with the latest acquisitions.  Dahlen will likely be ahead of him by camp as he has more grit and determination in his game -- something the Canucks have as basically a must-have expectation from all players.  I think we're either looking at moving him for a mid-pick or as part of a package this summer, and as soon as the draft unless we see a significant improvement in the final 15 games.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Hutton Wink said:

Yeah, Goldy's really on the clock, especially now with the latest acquisitions.  Dahlen will likely be ahead of him by camp as he has more grit and determination in his game -- something the Canucks have as basically a must-have expectation from all players.  I think we're either looking at moving him for a mid-pick or as part of a package this summer, and as soon as the draft unless we see a significant improvement in the final 15 games.

Theoretically sure. But goldy goes into camp above dahlen because of his nhl experience. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

Theoretically sure. But goldy goes into camp above dahlen because of his nhl experience. 

Haha one would think, but so far that NHL experience isn't so good. Id like to see Goldy in the NHL next year while the rest of our top end prospects are in Utica excelling.