The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jonathan Dahlén | C/LW

Mathew Barzal

Timrå won the game 2-1. They lead 2-0 in the best of five series. Game three goes on Tuesday.

Dahlén with one goal, +1, 6 SOG, in 13:58 TOI today. 

He has 2G 2A in the 2 games played so far of the HockeyAllsvenska Finalen.

EDIT: They took away one assist from the first game, so he had 1G 2A in game one and then 1G in game two.

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME
  • Upvote 3

Dahlen is a beast. I cannot wait for his arrival to North America.  Looks like demko might get some run support.

If timra wins this and the next series to qualify for the SHL..  do they play another round for some sort of championship? 

On 09/03/2018 at 6:40 PM, Hutton Wink said:

Unless Goldy has a summer renaissance, Dahlen's work rate alone will have him ahead before camp breaks.

I think Goldy is likely destined to be an addition to a bigger deal at the draft

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

Dahlen is a beast. I cannot wait for his arrival to North America.  Looks like demko might get some run support.

If timra wins this and the next series to qualify for the SHL..  do they play another round for some sort of championship? 

No, its this and the BO7 Vs Karlskrona for a spot in the SHL

Edit: after the final game Vs Karlskrona the players can go straight to The golf course

Edited by ForzaTikare
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

this kid is nuts.  :) Its nice seeing him turn so close to nhl ready so soon. way better then a draft pick the kids a stud.  Watching clips of him last year was like magic.  I remember watching him and Pettersson dominating together before we drafted him :) so fun to watch

19 minutes ago, ForzaTikare said:

No, its this and the BO7 Vs Karlskrona for a spot in the SHL

Edit: after the final game Vs Karlskrona the players can go straight to The golf course

egg-cellent.  :)  

Do we know the date of the 2nd round or could it be sped up if they close out?  (has the other team finished their match? or do they face a SHL team?)  

Trying to get a rough idea when we could see him in Utica or Vancouver. Maybe by the 25-26th? ish? im just guesstimating lol.

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

Wow that is some serious puck pursuit followed by some lighting fast hands. 

I knew he was a good skater but that was impressive.

Most of us only see a few clips of his play, but it looks as though his skating is much-improved.  He was always okay, but his stride was rather erratic and choppy, now he looks smooth.  If that's true, then he's perhaps more NHL-ready than we first thought because by all accounts he plays a Tkachuk-like game below the dots.

2 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Wow that is some serious puck pursuit followed by some lighting fast hands. 

I knew he was a good skater but that was impressive.

The skating does look better...but really if he was on the Canucks he would have been called for a hook on the D. and in the NHL those wrap around goals rarely happen...the goalies are so big and get across the net so quick.

Dahlen is a dark horse to make the team but if it is between him a Goldy....I think he takes the spot.

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Watch the play again. I don't know if you're appreciating the subtlety of that play.

Right after he steals the puck he head fakes the goalie as if he's going to try to go backhand short side on him. The goalie is frozen by that quick play because he has to cover the short side.

Then he executes the wrap around very quickly and tucks it tight just inside the post making it almost impossible for the goalie to get his toe all the way across.

An NHL goalie may or may not bite on the head fake, but if they do there's almost no chance they get across in time. That was an NHL level wrap around.

I watched it a few times now and while he didn't actually touch the D.'s hands with his stick...I still think we would have taken a penalty on that play if he was with us.

After the steal the puck ends up more towards the center of the ice producing the effect of a head fake...but I don't think he really made that fake....maybe....

Still the speed was NHL calibre and I am looking forward to seeing him push people for a spot next fall.

1 hour ago, Rush17 said:

egg-cellent.  :)  

Do we know the date of the 2nd round or could it be sped up if they close out?  (has the other team finished their match? or do they face a SHL team?)  

Trying to get a rough idea when we could see him in Utica or Vancouver. Maybe by the 25-26th? ish? im just guesstimating lol.

This is if they win Vs Leksand.. Leading the BO5 series 2-0 

Mars = march

April = .... April! 

Screenshot_20180311-204817.png

Edited by ForzaTikare

49 minutes ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

The skating does look better...but really if he was on the Canucks he would have been called for a hook on the D. and in the NHL those wrap around goals rarely happen...the goalies are so big and get across the net so quick.

Dahlen is a dark horse to make the team but if it is between him a Goldy....I think he takes the spot.

Del Zotto literally did that last game lol.. 

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

Watch the play again. I don't know if you're appreciating the subtlety of that play.

Right after he steals the puck he head fakes the goalie as if he's going to try to go backhand short side on him. The goalie is frozen by that quick play because he has to cover the short side.

Then he executes the wrap around very quickly and tucks it tight just inside the post making it almost impossible for the goalie to get his toe all the way across.

An NHL goalie may or may not bite on the head fake, but if they do there's almost no chance they get across in time. That was an NHL level wrap around.

The thing I take away from this is that Dahlen had the skill to actually tuck that it from the angle he had coming around the net.  You constantly see guys trying that and if they have the goalie beat they can't get the angle on the stick to actually tuck it in near post.  It's quite impressive.

That said I don't think an NHL goalie gets beat on that play.  How many wrap around goals do you ever see in the NHL these days? 

Edited by Ihatetomatoes

3 minutes ago, Ihatetomatoes said:

The thing I take away from this is that Dahlen had the skill to actually tuck that it from the angle he had coming around the net.  You constantly see guys trying that and if they have the goalie beat they can't get the angle on the stick to actually tuck it in near post.  It's quite impressive.

That said I don't think an NHL goalie gets beat on that play.  How many wrap around goals do you ever see in the NHL these days? 

But only a slight learning difference for Dahlen to hold that puck a half second longer and curl around the next a little more and get that puck up over the pad (preferably roofed).  NHL goalies are bigger and faster but not magic.  

54 minutes ago, Ihatetomatoes said:

It's all about freezing the goaltenders or recognizing when they're trapped out of position. Elite players can do it.

Sure they don't happen every game, but they still do happen quite a few times in a season.

Edited by DeNiro

13 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

It's all about freezing the goaltenders or recognizing when they're trapped out of position. Elite players can do it.

Sure they don't happen every game, but they still do happen quite a few times in a season.

Jagr

Malkin

Hossa

Turris

Tavares

I'm ok with this