The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Sign Victor Ejdsell

Edjsell is a 21 year old un-drafted free agent playing in Sweden's second division Allsvenskan (same league as Dahlen). 6'5, 220 lbs and dominating with 57 points in 50 games (25 goals). Plays centre & wing. 

He currently has the most points in Allsvenskan history for a player his age or younger. Would love to see us take a flyer on him. One year in the SHL, then try and bring him over to Utica. Potential to be another Carl Soderberg?

Amateur scouting report:
:His skating is clunky at times but he is not slow at all and has solid edge-work. Works hard, has a good stick defensively, is physical and can dish the puck, very nice hands and a solid wrister too.

He is very good at running a PP too, for such a big guy it is weird that he plays right half boards and dishes puck from there... but he has such nice hands and passing it makes sense at that level. Higher level he probably moves net-front.

Has always had talent, played for Sweden u19's, made SHL debut ~2 years ago. 

Flashed when I watched a few games of him at Timrå last year too.

Took a weird path... may have had a shot at being drafted late if he had been in a 'normal' progression route... but instead of top tier J18 was playing 4th and 5th tier mens hockey at ages 15-17! Like, no actual decent prospects do that! Not since the 80's anyway! 

2 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Can't hurt to try him out, I guess. The part about him setting up on the half boards is concerning, kinda sounds like a Matthias or Grenier "big guy". 

A big ol' buttercup.

Taylor Pyatt?

7 minutes ago, DontMessMe said:

He sounds better than the over-ager we signed today.  Tbh really didnt like that over-age kid signing today. I really see him nothing more than ECHL fodder. But thats me ;P 

I agree he sounds like a much better bet than that QMJHL overager they signed. However, I definitely don't like that he still has problems with skating at 21, that's certainly running out of time to fix that.

2 hours ago, DontMessMe said:

Everyone will want this kid apparently. Good luck convincing him to come to VAN. :) 

Just watch Oilers be like, "Do you want to play with McJesus??" 

We have a team mate already signed, might make it a little easier. 

9 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

We have a team mate already signed, might make it a little easier. 

Technically he isn't signed of course, just drafted so we hold his rights. We have a shot at him if we want to go that route, but we may also have a shot at Kerfoot if he goes to free agency.

Archived