The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Vancouver Anaheim

I think if we get a top 3 pick in this years draft we should trade it, or at least try to, to Anaheim for Lindholm. I would like to see our first for Lindholm + Anaheim's 1st but I highly doubt Anaheim would do that. This years draft is a crap shoot there is no real number 1 overall pick. We could then try to trade Edler and get back a first or good prospect(s). I think we would be much better off trading our first if we can get a Dman like Lindholm.

26 minutes ago, peaches5 said:

I think if we get a top 3 pick in this years draft we should trade it, or at least try to, to Anaheim for Lindholm. I would like to see our first for Lindholm + Anaheim's 1st but I highly doubt Anaheim would do that. This years draft is a crap shoot there is no real number 1 overall pick. We could then try to trade Edler and get back a first or good prospect(s). I think we would be much better off trading our first if we can get a Dman like Lindholm.

The valuation here is off. 

Plus why not just draft liljegren??

Why do u think benning made it his duty to nab forwards like Goldobin and dahlen at the deadline.

Benning 100% was scouting liljegren and maybe dahlen. 

In a couple years our defensive pipeline will bolster both Juolevi Stecher Tryamkin liljegren tanev Gudbranson 

Plus lindholm + 1st isn't happening for just a 1st 

6 minutes ago, lordstanley2019 said:

The valuation here is off. 

Plus why not just draft liljegren??

Why do u think benning made it his duty to nab forwards like Goldobin and dahlen at the deadline.

Benning 100% was scouting liljegren and maybe dahlen. 

In a couple years our defensive pipeline will bolster both Juolevi Stecher Tryamkin liljegren tanev Gudbranson 

Plus lindholm + 1st isn't happening for just a 1st 

Liljegren is not NHL ready. Like I said this draft is a crap shoot the rankings are all over the place. Lindholm would be better than any of those players now and in a few years. He is going to be a legit number 1 dman and poaching him right before he breaks out when Anaheim has to trade someone would bode well for us. Plus Edler should be able to land us a first so picking up Lindholm and then another good prospect or first round pick still has us "rebuilding".

Also I specifically said I highly doubt Anaheim would add a first. I'd just like to see that.

Just now, peaches5 said:

Liljegren is not NHL ready. Like I said this draft is a crap shoot the rankings are all over the place. Lindholm would be better than any of those players now and in a few years. He is going to be a legit number 1 dman and poaching him right before he breaks out when Anaheim has to trade someone would bode well for us. Plus Edler should be able to land us a first so picking up Lindholm and then another good prospect or first round pick still has us "rebuilding".

Yea but just like u think this drafts a crapshoot so might their GM and if u think he'll trade lindholm and a first for our 3rd pick ur crazy. We'd most certainly have to add.

And btw isn't anaheims first all ready in negotiations when they got patrik eaves? So that might already be a no go

29 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

Get Liljegren.   He's supposed to be the next Doughty.

I agree. He's a solid offensive defenceman. He's drawn comparisons to Erik Karlsson, which I think is an apt comparison.

We nab Liljegren in the draft then trade Tanev + Virtanen for Sam Reinhart and the rebuild is done like dinner

2 minutes ago, morrissex95 said:

I agree. He's a solid offensive defenceman. He's drawn comparisons to Erik Karlsson, which I think is an apt comparison.

We nab Liljegren in the draft then trade Tanev + Virtanen for Sam Reinhart and the rebuild is done like dinner

If Liljegren is Karlsson, then he's not a solid offensive defenceman but a star defenceman and you draft him number 1. Why do you think Karlsson is an apt comparison to him? I'd like to see these highlights that show it.

3 minutes ago, morrissex95 said:

I would take Lindholm over Karlsson every day of the week. Doughty is 10x better than Karlsson.

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Good to see you have a plan.  I doubt it's JB's plan, as our D is pretty much set.  

Our defense currently blows, and It needs youth. Lindholm is 23 and already a solid Dman and will likely turn into a number 1 dman.

Just now, peaches5 said:

Our defense currently blows, and It needs youth. Lindholm is 23 and already a solid Dman and will likely turn into a number 1 dman.

Juiolevvi makes Lindholm redundant.  Waste of our first.  Draft a centre.  

16 minutes ago, peaches5 said:

our D is actually decent and going to be better plus Lindholm they want to keep so no way they trade him away

we need our picks unless we get a great player but we need more help in the forwards then we do on D

we have Olli and brisebois who may make the team in a couple years

Archived