The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Chicago Blackhawks | Mar 21 | 5:30 PM | SN |

AlwaysACanuckFan

5 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Yep, but odds are odds and if you finish bottom 2 you still have better odds. 

If we had finished 2nd last year we would have picked 4th and drafted Puljujarvi.

This years done, I don't know what people have left to hope for other than the draft. I'm hoping this team puts itself in the best position to draft top 5. You'll understand at the draft why that's important.

We likely would have still drafted Juolevi Pulujarvi never seemed to be on JB radar it seemed to be Matthews/Laine then Dubois and Juolevi. 

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Choosing the two worst examples of a rebuild there is. Not a great example.

The Canucks rebuilt with the Sedins in about 4 years. ;)

Thats what tanking does to a team though, Islanders, Columbus, Arizona, Florida, Colorado all have taken years to try and break out and all besides Columbus are still struggling. 

3 minutes ago, NHTyrany said:

Tell that to Toronto and the statisticians. It's all about best odds. Even under the new rules, finishing last or second is still an advantageous position.

Odds are just odds remaining as competitive as possible even if that means a 28/27 overall finish is still better than folding like pathetic pieces of crap and tanking 

On 3/21/2017 at 8:25 PM, oldnews said:

I hope that ruins the Hawks season.

Look in the mirror Cap'n Serious.

You just lost to a team icing 7 AHL forwards.

Aren't enough pluses for this statement, after all the smugness & disrespect the Canucks /Canucks' Nation has had to deal with outta Hawk-land.

The time for blowing-up his 'hawks will come sooner than he thinks - despite the league's best machinations to keep 'em lofty.

8 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Thats what tanking does to a team though, Islanders, Columbus, Arizona, Florida, Colorado all have taken years to try and break out and all besides Columbus are still struggling. 

Those teams are all have not teams though, so what they did in their rebuild has nothing to do with us.

This team has the money to put into scouting, development, trainers, coaches, and spending to the cap to surround young players with talent.

It's not a coincidence why those teams keep staying mediocre. They're all only going halfway in a rebuild. There's a second half to the rebuild that teams like those aren't able to accomplish.

Just now, DeNiro said:

Those teams are all have not teams though, so what they didn't in their rebuild has nothing to do with us.

This team has the money to put into scouting, development, trainers, coaches, and spending to the cap to surround young players with talent.

It's not a coincidence why those teams keep staying mediocre. They're all only going halfway in a rebuild. There's a second half to the rebuild that teams like those aren't able to accomplish.

No, they're products of tanking years of futility. It's hard to flip the switch the Islanders have wasted years of Tavares career with tanking and poor team building. 

JB has a plan laid it out from day 1 and has stuck to it. 

23 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

So no one on this team's worth keeping around?    The bigger picture is that some of this team will be part of the "future" team so it's important to determine who that should be.  We want these guys on board with winning and learning how to get that done, not learning that it's best not to.    There is post season hockey to cheer for....GO SHARKS!!  Bigger picture stuff. 

And Go Sens !!!??? Burr gets some love in the post season ;)

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

No, they're products of tanking years of futility. It's hard to flip the switch the Islanders have wasted years of Tavares career with tanking and poor team building. 

JB has a plan laid it out from day 1 and has stuck to it. 

They've wasted years because they don't have the money to invest into scouting/development, to hire top coaches, and to attract top free agents etc.

You really think it's because the players just forgot how to win all of a sudden?

No, it's all because management and ownership haven't surrounded guys like Tavares with a deep enough team to compete. That takes money and smart management, which they don't have.

Benning has a plan to rebuild, and only now seems like he has the backing of ownership to go all the way in. Get a couple top players, develop them, and surround them with a strong core and a deep team and that's how you rebuild.

We're already on our way but still lack that game changer that typically exists in the top 3 of the draft. That's why this year is so important to try and get that player. We likely won't be this bad again next season.

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

They've wasted years because they don't have the money to invest into scouting/development, to hire top coaches, and to attract top free agents etc.

You really think it's because the players just forgot how to win all of a sudden?

No, it's all because management and ownership haven't surrounded guys like Tavares with a deep enough team to compete. That takes money and smart management, which they don't have.

Benning has a plan to rebuild, and only now seems like he has the backing of ownership to go all the way in. Get a couple top players, develop them, and surround them with a strong core and a deep team and that's how you rebuild.

We're already on our way but still lack that game changer that typically exists in the top 3 of the draft. That's why this year is so important to try and get that player. We likely won't be this bad again next season.

He literally laid out the plan from day 1, not our fault you and the rest of #teampathetictank weren't paying attention. 

5 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

He literally laid out the plan from day 1, not our fault you and the rest of #teampathetictank weren't paying attention. 

I was paying attention actually.

Which is why I'm baffled that you don't seem to understand that you need to be bad for a few seasons to rebuild. This is the season that Benning needs to get that top pick and put a stamp on this team, yet some people are still fighting it and hoping we squeak out nothing games at the end of the season. Kind of ironic really.

5 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I was pay attention actually.

Which is why I'm baffled that you don't seem to understand that you need to be bad for a few seasons to rebuild. This is the season that Benning needs to get that top pick and put a stamp on this team, yet some people are still fighting it and hoping we squeak out nothing games at the end of the season. Kind of ironic really.

You're clearly delusional, I understand the team is/will be bad. What we're saying is we don't want the team to be bad on purpose. Losing by 1 goal is better than losing by 4/5/6+ 

Losing but remaining competitive is better for team growth than 10% better draft odds in a poor draft year. 

Edit: I've never been under the impression we could rebuild and be a playoff team, I'm just completely against losing on purpose it's pathetic. 

You're clearly delusional, I understand the team is/will be bad. What we're saying is we don't want the team to be bad on purpose. Losing by 1 goal is better than losing by 4/5/6+ 

Losing but remaining competitive is better for team growth than 10% better draft odds in a poor draft year. 

They're not being bad on purpose though. They're actually working hard and still losing, which is a good combo right now.

I'm not delusional at all. The people like you that want the best of both worlds (rebuilding and winning) are delusional.

6 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Edit: I've never been under the impression we could rebuild and be a playoff team, I'm just completely against losing on purpose it's pathetic. 

Who says they're losing on purpose? The roster is just that bad. 

You do realize just because some fans want them to lose that it doesn't affect how they play on the ice right?

Just now, DeNiro said:

They're not being bad on purpose though. They're actually working hard and still losing, which is a good combo right now.

I'm not delusional at all. The people like you that want the best of both worlds (rebuilding and winning) are delusional.

Again you're making up things that I haven't said. I've NEVER said anything about expecting them to win and rebuild simultaneously. 

All I've ever stood by is tanking is pathetic, if we went 20-62 but lost every game by 1 goal I'd be happier than going 21-61 getting blown out all the time and selling off every vet and playing guys who weren't ready in the name of a better draft position. 

Again you're making up things that I haven't said. I've NEVER said anything about expecting them to win and rebuild simultaneously. 

All I've ever stood by is tanking is pathetic, if we went 20-62 but lost every game by 1 goal I'd be happier than going 21-61 getting blown out all the time and selling off every vet and playing guys who weren't ready in the name of a better draft position. 

We're tanking right now, you understand that right?

You think shutting down players and giving younger guys more minutes is in the name of winning? 

Trust me, they know what they're doing. Benning and Willie are on the same page as far as what needs to happen.

Archived