The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Chicago Blackhawks | Mar 21 | 5:30 PM | SN |

AlwaysACanuckFan

Just now, PhillipBlunt said:

Yet he wants Tryamkin to play with more physicality.....

yet when he played physical against Dallas he called out by the coach and got reduced icetime (lowest of all defencemen) the very next game..... mixed signals.

Just now, DeNiro said:

I enjoy the games when the roster doesn't resemble an AHL team. This team is not representative of the Canucks so it makes it pretty hard to invest in. Especially when there's no postseason hockey to cheer for.

I'm looking at the bigger picture now.

Looking at the bigger picture like the 10+ years of futility like the Leafs and 9 years of futility in Edmonton until they finally got Chiarelli a GM with a clue.

13 hours ago, ThrustyPrusty89 said:

Yikes. Now it's just starting to get painful, the type of line ups we're  icing every night. Oh well, fight the good fight fellas- I believe in you! 

Canucks win 5-3. Bo, Danny, Sven, Boucher, Chappy. 

I was right about half my prediction...

4 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Winnipeg finished ahead of us in the standings last year and picked 2nd overall. Tanking is stupid and risky.

got it? 

Yep, but odds are odds and if you finish bottom 2 you still have better odds. 

If we had finished 2nd last year we would have picked 4th and drafted Puljujarvi.

This years done, I don't know what people have left to hope for other than the draft. I'm hoping this team puts itself in the best position to draft top 5. You'll understand at the draft why that's important.

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I enjoy the games when the roster doesn't resemble an AHL team. This team is not representative of the Canucks so it makes it pretty hard to invest in. Especially when there's no postseason hockey to cheer for.

I'm looking at the bigger picture now.

So no one on this team's worth keeping around?    The bigger picture is that some of this team will be part of the "future" team so it's important to determine who that should be.  We want these guys on board with winning and learning how to get that done, not learning that it's best not to.    There is post season hockey to cheer for....GO SHARKS!!  Bigger picture stuff. 

1 minute ago, Trebreh said:

yet when he played physical against Dallas he called out by the coach and got reduced icetime (lowest of all defencemen) the very next game..... mixed signals.

Yeah, another reason (someone) probably won't be here next year. 

Our California trip cost us last year and this is going to cost us again 

for those that don't like tanking, look what the Leafs did and the reward was Matthews 

its the "system" and you can't hate for playing it in our favour when the playoffs are out of sight 

1 minute ago, debluvscanucks said:

So no one on this team's worth keeping around?    The bigger picture is that some of this team will be part of the "future" team so it's important to determine who that should be.  We want these guys on board with winning and learning how to get that done, not learning that it's best not to.    There is post season hockey to cheer for....GO SHARKS!!  Bigger picture stuff. 

What I want and what they do on the ice are two different things. Obviously they're gonna try hard, they're professionals. Their roster is not good enough to win though, plain and simple. 

I think it's pretty obvious who on this team is going to be part of the future and who's not. I don't need 11 meaningless games at the end of the season to tell me that.

I think some people are still having a hard time accepting that we're just not a good team anymore.

5 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Looking at the bigger picture like the 10+ years of futility like the Leafs and 9 years of futility in Edmonton until they finally got Chiarelli a GM with a clue.

Choosing the two worst examples of a rebuild there is. Not a great example.

The Canucks rebuilt with the Sedins in about 4 years. ;)

7 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Winnipeg finished ahead of us in the standings last year and picked 2nd overall. Tanking is stupid and risky.

got it? 

Tell that to Toronto and the statisticians. It's all about best odds. Even under the new rules, finishing last or second is still an advantageous position.

Archived