The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

MaFiA - Choco-latte-coo-coo-for-coco-puff! [Game ON!]

Rate this topic

Dral

6 minutes ago, JAY JAY said:

Oh come on AV.

We all know mafia doesn't pay attention to the thread, because they don't have to.

Which post? The one where he mentioned the BS Thunder dome thing and voted you.

Ok, I'll bite. What is off about my game?

Willing to vote for everybody?

I've voted for 2 people and gave reasons.

I've been more active in the thread than anyone else.

1.  In a bigger game with more teammates, yes.  In a smaller game, to an extent, but the possibility of ending the game in fewer rounds is way more prevalent and gives incentive to taking the game seriously.  You and I were teammates in a small vanilla game and were both quite active because we knew we could win in a small amount of time.

2.  Yes.  He did actually follow up with another post but again, it doesn't seem all that helpful.  Maybe I'm just being critical of his skill though.

3.  When I've called you out/voted you in the past, you've gotten quite defensive.  I did so early in the game in that TD post.  Granted, it was clear sarcasm but in my experience, you haven't really responded well to anything that has to do with offing you.  In comes MR where he applies some pressure to me, and suddenly, I'm scummy looking enough to the point where you can vote me (I believe your reasoning was you didn't know why I chose DM when I could have chosen J23).  Not to mention, your vote on me was the fourth and came shortly after MR.  So not quite that "3rd = mafia" vote but a pretty wagon-y vote at that.

Tbh, you seem a bit too cautious of MR this game.

1 minute ago, Alain Vigneault said:

1.  In a bigger game with more teammates, yes.  In a smaller game, to an extent, but the possibility of ending the game in fewer rounds is way more prevalent and gives incentive to taking the game seriously.  You and I were teammates in a small vanilla game and were both quite active because we knew we could win in a small amount of time.

2.  Yes.  He did actually follow up with another post but again, it doesn't seem all that helpful.  Maybe I'm just being critical of his skill though.

3.  When I've called you out/voted you in the past, you've gotten quite defensive.  I did so early in the game in that TD post.  Granted, it was clear sarcasm but in my experience, you haven't really responded well to anything that has to do with offing you.  In comes MR where he applies some pressure to me, and suddenly, I'm scummy looking enough to the point where you can vote me (I believe your reasoning was you didn't know why I chose DM when I could have chosen J23).  Not to mention, your vote on me was the fourth and came shortly after MR.  So not quite that "3rd = mafia" vote but a pretty wagon-y vote at that.

Tbh, you seem a bit too cautious of MR this game.

FINALLY! A glimmer of the AV we know and love.

I have explained before, I am trying to evolve my play so that:

1. I don't lose my temper and go off every time someone accuses me of being mafia.(which is so often)

2. I'm try harder to be active and help the town from the first round on instead of gradually becoming more involved as the game goes on.

3. I am no longer as concerned as I have been because I'm TP, and regardless of any reasons one might come up with to shade my evolving game, I'm TP, and it will show when lynched or killed.

This is a poor example of your reasoning. I didn't just drop a vote on you - read the thread! I hope you point out every 4th vote or a vote that follows player x in the future.

I certainly respect MR, but if you think I believe that he is 100% TP you are so wrong. MR is smart and very capable of appearing TP while actually being mafia has been in the back of my mind since the beginning. There is nothing (as yet) to either truly cast shade or hint that he is anything other than advertised.

That statement you made makes as much sense as TL coming into the game 50+ hours later and voting DM because he picked on you.

4 hours ago, JAY JAY said:

I would think that it is more likely that AV and DM are teammates.

DM's vote on AV is pretty weak with the Thunder Dome reason he gave.

At the time a safe vote to place on a teammate.

AV's vote on DM doesn't make good sense (re: the result possible) with both being his mafia suspects.

unvote

Vote AV

This still isn't great reasoning.

And by your logic, throwing the 4th vote on me is also "safe" because when I turn up TP,  it will be three others with you that are culpable and share the blame.

Speaking of wagons, what does the voting record show.

Voting Record

Pg.
3 - JJ votes Falcon          ..... Falcon (1)
3 - Zfetch votes JJ           ..... Falcon (1) - JJ (1)
3 - AV votes JJ                 ..... Falcon (1) - JJ (2)
3 - DM votes AV               ..... Falcon (1) - JJ (2) - AV (1)
3 - JJ unvotes                  ..... JJ (2) - AV (1)
3 - JJ votes J-23               .... JJ (2) - AV (1) - J-23 (1)
4 - J-23 votes JJ              ..... JJ (3) - AV (1) - J-23 (1)
4 - 112 votes Duce          ..... JJ (3) - AV (1) - J-23 (1) - Duce (1)
4 - J-23 unvotes              ..... JJ (2) - AV (1) - J-23 (1) - Duce (1)
5 - Zfetch unvotes           ..... JJ (1) - AV (1) - J-23 (1) - Duce (1)
5 - Zfetch votes 112        ..... JJ (1) - AV (1) - J-23 (1) - Duce (1) - 112 (1)
5 - J-23 votes AV             ..... JJ (1) - AV (2) - J-23 (1) - Duce (1) - 112 (1)
5 - Falcon votes J-23      ..... JJ (1) - AV (2) - J-23 (2) - Duce (1) - 112 (1)
5 - AV unvotes               ..... AV (2) - J-23 (2) - Duce (1) - 112 (1)
5 - AV votes DM            ..... AV (2) - J-23 (2) - Duce (1) - 112 (1) - DM (1)
6 - MR votes AV            ..... AV (3) - J-23 (2) - Duce (1) - 112 (1) - DM (1)
6 - JJ unvotes               ..... AV (3) - J-23 (1) - Duce (1) - 112 (1) - DM (1)
6 - JJ votes AV              ..... AV (4) - J-23 (2) - Duce (1) - 112 (1) - DM (1)
7 - Zfetch unvotes        ..... AV (4) - J-23 (2) - Duce (1) - DM (1)
7 - Zfetch votes DM      ..... AV (4) - J-23 (2) - Duce (1) - DM (2)
7 - TL votes DM            ..... AV (4) - J-23 (2) - Duce (1) - DM (3)

I believe that the voting record will become more useful as the game goes on to further rounds.

14 minutes ago, Alain Vigneault said:

And by your logic, throwing the 4th vote on me is also "safe" because when I turn up TP,  it will be three others with you that are culpable and share the blame.

Safe at the time is DM's vote on you. Not the same at all.

I could be convinced that DM is a greater mafia suspect than you and switch my vote, but I NEED more.

The only reason I'd switch if convinced, is because he is a top suspect also.

The ONLY reason I can come up with for you being TP and playing the way you do is because I'm right (the reason) and it would be better not to mention it.

21 minutes ago, Alain Vigneault said:

Strange word to use for a mafia game.

20 minutes ago, JAY JAY said:

Strange word to use for a mafia game.

deserving blame or censure; blameworthy.

If and when I'm voted off, I will pop up TP.  If your vote is on me, you (and whoever else with their vote on me) are to blame for voting me off.  Therefore, you are culpable.

Nothing strange about the word.

17 minutes ago, Alain Vigneault said:

deserving blame or censure; blameworthy.

If and when I'm voted off, I will pop up TP.  If your vote is on me, you (and whoever else with their vote on me) are to blame for voting me off.  Therefore, you are culpable.

Nothing strange about the word.

Never said the word was strange.

I know the definition of culpable.

I said it was a strange word to use for a mafia game.

Lets use it in your context then, rather than its accepted use.

Your culpability is high due to your play or in this case non play.

So you are TP uh?

Yet, instead of convincing me of your towniness and targeting a scum you prefer to engage in this back and forth we seem to always fall into. That alone (based on past experience) should tell me that you are TP.

FFS Dral, please end this hell!

I really appreciate your vote tracking JJ, we all do, but it is not a great tool for finding scum.
Skimming a post is much more efficient imo.

All votes are situational irregardless of faction, so it would be really hard to find a trend from just numbers. Exceptionally harder when people would be expecting it.

18 minutes ago, Zfetch said:

I really appreciate your vote tracking JJ, we all do, but it is not a great tool for finding scum.
Skimming a post is much more efficient imo.

All votes are situational irregardless of faction, so it would be really hard to find a trend from just numbers. Exceptionally harder when people would be expecting it.

Thank you, truly, and I know it isn't a magical tool to find scum. That isn't its purpose.

I think I've shown many times that I (said it too) can't seem to grasp the game as everyone else.

I do what I can and use what I'm good at. I will improve, I'm sure, or everyone will finally grasp the simple difference between TP JJ and Mafia JJ. No hints, its in the game records. Don't care if the mafia know (any game), they know anyway.

I think that the voting record could prove more useful in a larger game.

Expecting it doesn't matter. Its only a true record. So, the mafia change their votes so the record doesn't reflect a significant "vote change". How might that not affect their scheme.

Anyhow, no offense to anyone but I will continue with this.

I thought I did better this game.:(:)

I would truly hate to be part of lynching a TP.

Why is AV TP and DM is scum?

@Dral

OMG, has it not been 60 hours of first round torment.
Cannot you in your mercy put a stop to our suffering.
Must we struggle and tear ourselves and kin apart.
What do you want from us? A sacrifice?

Gladly given in respect and awe.
Oh Great Spirits Imbiber, I give my life for my kin.
Take my life now and send me to the land of hindsight.

I beg of thee.

:mellow:

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, JAY JAY said:

Thank you, truly, and I know it isn't a magical tool to find scum. That isn't its purpose.

I think I've shown many times that I (said it too) can't seem to grasp the game as everyone else.

I do what I can and use what I'm good at. I will improve, I'm sure, or everyone will finally grasp the simple difference between TP JJ and Mafia JJ. No hints, its in the game records. Don't care if the mafia know (any game), they know anyway.

I think that the voting record could prove more useful in a larger game.

Expecting it doesn't matter. Its only a true record. So, the mafia change their votes so the record doesn't reflect a significant "vote change". How might that not affect their scheme.

Anyhow, no offense to anyone but I will continue with this.

I thought I did better this game.:(:)

I would truly hate to be part of lynching a TP.

Why is AV TP and DM is scum?

Just feels from their posts. 

I've seen nothing that would trigger me to think AV is mafia(yet) while DM has come off a lot worse thus far with his post(s) and behavior.

Course I could be wrong, but the signs that I've seen indicate otherwise.

Also, I wouldn't dismiss 112 even though I did earlier. 

112 and MR are not both 100% in the clear. Only you are. And TL is up there too. (If my TLometer remains decent)