The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Watching Canucks play Live in Vegas

VegasCanuck

1 hour ago, VegasCanuck said:

Good idea on them as well.

We're looking for any assistance in getting this message out there and getting partnerships established with airlines, radio stations, anyone who's interested in hockey.

Everything goes well, we're going to giveaway a couple of seats to the preseason game in Vegas. More on that next week.

OK final idea then i'll stop :lol: going to the university alumni offices (UBC, SFU, BCIT,etc) might be a good idea too, they're always organizing group deals 

1 hour ago, S'all Good Man said:

OK final idea then i'll stop :lol: going to the university alumni offices (UBC, SFU, BCIT,etc) might be a good idea too, they're always organizing group deals 

Really appreciate any and all feedback and suggestions.

We're talking to some pretty big partners about this in general.

I just got back from Vegas on Wednesday, was there for a few days. My in-laws have a winter home there. I never saw any Golden Knights advertising anywhere. Never even saw the logo, until we were at the airport going home and they were selling t-shirts in a sports store. We'll definitely be going to a game or two, and might even try to get a Raiders game in on the trip too (whenever they start playing there). :) I expect a lot of drunk half naked people at those games lol

2 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

I just got back from Vegas on Wednesday, was there for a few days. My in-laws have a winter home there. I never saw any Golden Knights advertising anywhere. Never even saw the logo, until we were at the airport going home and they were selling t-shirts in a sports store. We'll definitely be going to a game or two, and might even try to get a Raiders game in on the trip too (whenever they start playing there). :) I expect a lot of drunk half naked people at those games lol

Plan on doing Raiders as well, when they get up and rolling.

I definitely expect a lot of drunk, half naked people at the games :)

Appreciate your feedback, we're really just starting to work on building out our engagement and finding out how many people that we can get interested. We want packages to be, full hotel, flight, transfers, etc. We want to try and do some type of social or mixer, hopefully with some of the hockey people and potentially even players. Make it as special of an experience as possible.

Hey I'd be down for this... but I'm in ON and the packages look like you have to leave from your team's city. 

Still be down for hanging with some other fans since they've been hard to come by in Leafs/Wings territory most of my life.

Sounds interesting.  Going to be hard to beat Allegiant out of Bellingham for airfare.

So much of it comes down to the schedule.  We might play in Vegas twice next year.  Could be a Tuesday night.....could also be expensive dates like NYE of during CES.

1 minute ago, BCNeil said:

Sounds interesting.  Going to be hard to beat Allegiant out of Bellingham for airfare.

So much of it comes down to the schedule.  We might play in Vegas twice next year.  Could be a Tuesday night.....could also be expensive dates like NYE of during CES.

We haven't ruled out doing a deal with someone like Allegiant, but we're going to see what West Jet etc, have to say as well on this.

This won't work during CES, a $29 per night hotel becomes a $500 per night hotel lol. Have been doing CES for a LONG time.

Plan is to make this, much more than just a flight down though. We want to try and put together packages that people won't get anywhere else. Only way that works is by getting direct team involvement etc.

I'd be interested by the idea. Watching Vegas and our team face off would be two teams very similar in terms of how it's being built. Both fast, young, and talented along with some skill. Maybe next time I head to Vegas and a game is played featuring possibly the Canucks and if not wouldn't mind watching any team play Vegas as I haven't been able to watch a hockey game other than depending on TV. Ticket prices are high here alone and with the exchange rate it may be cheaper here. Maybe if they lower the prices, I'd go watch one here

My friend and I have already decided we will be going down to see a Canucks game.

These are the thoughts I have  ~

I prefer seats behind the visitors bench vs a suite.  Most out of town supporters sit close to their team bench.

Hopefully the game will be mid-week (cheaper hotels) and I prefer an extended stay i.e. 4-5 nights. (Sun-Thurs/Fri)

What hotels are you considering?   I have players cards at pretty much every hotel/chain so depends on the pricing whether we would just go down on our own, or be a part of your package.  

We will be leaving out of YVR

There is/was a company that organizes game packages here...can't recall the name atm.  They always organize a California road trip at least once a year, so you may have competition there.  They advertise the trips on the Canucks website.

ps......and if you could do something about the exchange rate, that would be much appreciated ;)  

22 hours ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

I love it, awesome job, I'll definitely share the site with friends. Only problem for me is being a canuck fan while living in Calgary.

This!

Also is this reception/social idea going to be a way to meet the players? Or any sort of such ideas in mind?

On 3/31/2017 at 11:35 PM, Beary Sweet said:

I'd be interested by the idea. Watching Vegas and our team face off would be two teams very similar in terms of how it's being built. Both fast, young, and talented along with some skill. Maybe next time I head to Vegas and a game is played featuring possibly the Canucks and if not wouldn't mind watching any team play Vegas as I haven't been able to watch a hockey game other than depending on TV. Ticket prices are high here alone and with the exchange rate it may be cheaper here. Maybe if they lower the prices, I'd go watch one here

We'd want to make this as affordable as possible, partially because of the exchange rate, which will likely get worse.

Archived