The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Provincial Election Thread

JM_

CDC Votes!  

216 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Two words for one of the many reasons I can never support NDP.

Fast Ferries.

I don't like Christy Clark, but I think the Liberals are probably the best option. I like some of what the NDP are going for, but economically they would be a disaster.

6 hours ago, J.R. said:

I didn't state anything of the sort.

Of course she benefits, why else would she put herself in that position? But really, she's just the face of the party. The party and their financial backers are the one's making the decisions. She's just there as the face to smile, deflect, keep on talking points and absorb vitriol. All of which she is and will be paid handsomely for.

But she's far from the actual source of the problem.

She wears the leader badge...good enough for me.  "Far" from is a stretch.

17 hours ago, iwtl said:

A.vote for the greens is a vote for the liberals and it's time people stop pretending it's not.  

I dislike the green party. I think they'd be terrible. I'd probably prefer NDP.

However.

People should be able to vote for whoever they want to vote for, whether NDP, Liberal, or Green. A vote for Green is not a vote for the Liberal party, it's a vote for Green.

26 minutes ago, 19Nazzy91 said:

Fast Ferries.

I don't like Christy Clark, but I think the Liberals are probably the best option. I like some of what the NDP are going for, but economically they would be a disaster.

You do know the liberals have pissed away far more than that. Funny how people buy that narrative. 

48 minutes ago, Grapefruits said:

So you basically tell her off and snap a pic?  I'd say a dirty look was warranted. 

Also, is that Squire Barnes beside her?

I agree, pretty cheeky move on my part. Maybe even worse is that I posted it online but I'm really not too happy with her.  I assure you that I was not rude>

I think that is SB.

51 minutes ago, 19Nazzy91 said:

Fast Ferries.

People forget that the Liberals turned down a $75 million  offer on those ships, only to auction them off a year later for $ 23.6 mill.

So how about those over runs on the convention center?

On 5/5/2017 at 7:05 PM, 19Nazzy91 said:

Fast Ferries.

3 minutes ago, gurn said:

People forget that the Liberals turned down a $75 million  offer on those ships, only to auction them off a year later for $ 23.6 mill.

So how about those over runs on the convention center?

They weren't the ones to make them in the first place. The NDP spent 500 million on them, the Liberals probably thought they could get more for them.

Look, I'm not saying the Liberals are innocent or anything, they've done tons of crap. But even so, Fast Ferries was a complete disaster and to even try to defend the NDP for it is laughable.

3 minutes ago, 19Nazzy91 said:

500 million dollars wasted. 500 million.

Let me repeat. 500 million.

Wow thats awesome.  But it is about  20 million less than the BC Liberals spent on putting a retractable roof on BC Place...... 

2 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Two words for one of the MANY reasons i can never support the BC Liberals.

Corrupt Government Official sold our province to Off Shore Investors. 

Corrupt BC Government destroyed Public education to instead  financially  support  RICH ELITE Private schools. 

I don't like Christy Clark  ( our Sara Pallin )  I think the BC Liberals have put BC into RECORD DEBT and ARE a disaster to our Province. 

I respect your opinion and somewhat agree with you. But I still think the NDP would be even worse. 

1 minute ago, kingofsurrey said:

Wow thats awesome.  But it is about  20 million less than the BC Liberals spent on putting a retractable roof on BC Place...... 

The ferries caused waves that resulted in environmental damage.

I don't like how the Liberals spend their money. But at least the roof is somewhat useful. The ferries? They were sold for around 20 mil. So... essentially nothing was gained.

We can exchange scandals all day. Both parties are corrupt.

On 5/5/2017 at 8:11 PM, 19Nazzy91 said:

I respect your opinion and somewhat agree with you. But I still think the NDP would be even worse. 

If i thought Christian Heritage was the party to defeat the Liberals.... i would put a CH sign on my lawn...

6 minutes ago, 19Nazzy91 said:

The ferries caused waves that resulted in environmental damage.

I don't like how the Liberals spend their money. But at least the roof is somewhat useful. The ferries? They were sold for around 20 mil. So... essentially nothing was gained.

We can exchange scandals all day. Both parties are corrupt.

Even the BC Liberals have ferry Scandals..

Did you ever read about this one..

http://www.cheknews.ca/129447-129447/

The Queen of Chilliwack ran the Central Coast route but last sailed in the summer of 2013, just a year after a $15 million re-fit, and was decommissioned in 2014 after service cuts.

BC Ferries won’t say how much the ferry was sold for but according to news reports in Fiji, it was less than CDN $2 million.

“To spend $15 million refurbishing a ferry and then selling it off for $2 million makes no sense, it makes no business sense,” says NDP ferry critic Gary Holman

If you think 500 mil was wasted on BC Fast Ferries..

Here is a real waste of money..  8  BILLION  

http://www.theprovince.com/news/local+news/financing+costs+massey+tunnel+replacement+total+billion/13349483/story.html

B.C. will pay $8 billion in interest over the next 50 years on the George Massey Tunnel replacement bridge, according to an internal government document.

The project backgrounder, which was obtained and released by the B.C. NDP, shows total interest costs for 2017 to 2068 — the entire construction and tolling period to debt retirement — are forecast at $8 billion, before federal assistance.

The figure, which has not previously been revealed, includes $4.9 billion in long-term bonds, $2.2 billion in short-term borrowings and $900 million for a “private partner.”

Project costs are estimated at $3.5 billion, including construction, allowances for inflation and interest during construction.

Even the BC Liberals have ferry Scandals..

Did you ever read about this one..

http://www.cheknews.ca/129447-129447/

The Queen of Chilliwack ran the Central Coast route but last sailed in the summer of 2013, just a year after a $15 million re-fit, and was decommissioned in 2014 after service cuts.

BC Ferries won’t say how much the ferry was sold for but according to news reports in Fiji, it was less than CDN $2 million.

“To spend $15 million refurbishing a ferry and then selling it off for $2 million makes no sense, it makes no business sense,” says NDP ferry critic Gary Holman

Interesting. Hadn't seen that one. Add it to the long list of bad Liberal decisions.

I laughed at the NDP quote though, it's a bit hypocritical.

Even so, I do hope Liberals get their act together if they're elected. Probably won't, but hey, that's politics for you. Choose the one you think will do the least damage.

If you think 500 mil was wasted on BC Fast Ferries..

Here is a real waste of money..  8  BILLION  

http://www.theprovince.com/news/local+news/financing+costs+massey+tunnel+replacement+total+billion/13349483/story.html

B.C. will pay $8 billion in interest over the next 50 years on the George Massey Tunnel replacement bridge, according to an internal government document.

The project backgrounder, which was obtained and released by the B.C. NDP, shows total interest costs for 2017 to 2068 — the entire construction and tolling period to debt retirement — are forecast at $8 billion, before federal assistance.

The figure, which has not previously been revealed, includes $4.9 billion in long-term bonds, $2.2 billion in short-term borrowings and $900 million for a “private partner.”

Project costs are estimated at $3.5 billion, including construction, allowances for inflation and interest during construction.

“It’s going to come in on budget, it’s going to come in on time and we’re going to get it done like we said we would,” Clark said.

Lol.

However, I don't think BC is as bad as some are making it out to be.

Provincial unemployment rate? Canada's lowest. For two years, we've had the top economic growth in the country. Are the Libs responsible? Maybe not, but they didn't do anything to hinder it either, which is good.

For the most part, debt is fairly stable. At least, it's much less than eastern provinces. The budget is actually still fairly balanced. We have a pretty fair carbon tax that brings us on track to fight climate change. 

So is change really a good thing? These of course are just a few examples, and I'm sure there are many against as well. But all in all, BC is in pretty good shape right now.

9 minutes ago, 19Nazzy91 said:

For the most part, debt is fairly stable. At least, it's much less than eastern provinces. The budget is actually still fairly balanced. We have a pretty fair carbon tax that brings us on track to fight climate change. 

Actually not accurate..

debt-contractual-obligations-infographic

Archived