The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Provincial Election Thread

JM_

CDC Votes!  

216 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, CBH1926 said:

Just look at it as a small price you have to pay to live in "greatest place on earth" and you will feel better.

It's tough to feel better when you bust your ass and work up to 12 hour days, make what you think should be a livable salary... Pay %30ish taxes on your earnings just to see your taxes benefit money launderers and developers. 

I'd give blood and would go to war for my province. None of these scum money laundering immigrants and developers would do the same. They'd just flee and take their corruption elsewhere. 

The only way things would change is if the greens get elected in 4 years... Sadly I don't think we got a chance this election. Every vote will count towards the next one though. 

11 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

Unions were necessary BECAUSE there was exploitation of workers.  So there is a happy medium there somewhere and the rich fatcats scare me much more than unions that may ride the coat tails a bit but, they there, trying to make a living.  The CEO's of some of these corporations are hidden away somewhere, counting and spending millions that often come off the backs of others.  

If you think that allowing these foreign corporations to take over everything is a better option than unions that were put in place because of them in the first place, you're wrong.  It's a scary thought to go in that direction.  And...we are.

6 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

Oh really?    Tell me why unions were created then?

I said that was not accurate deb. 

6 hours ago, iwtl said:

A.vote for the greens is a vote for the liberals and it's time people stop pretending it's not.  

Where I live, I'm seeing nothing but NDP signs. But I think if the last election taught us anything it's that BC will split the vote and give the majority back to the liberals. 

Citizens need to decisively vote ndp, get them in and then decide if they want to go green or whatnot in the next one. 16 years let alone 20 is to long for any party to rule. 

7 hours ago, iwtl said:

A.vote for the greens is a vote for the liberals and it's time people stop pretending it's not.  

The Liberals (not really liberal; more the old Social Credit) will continue to win the Provincial elections here as long as the NDP and Green continue to split the left wing vote.  

On 5/4/2017 at 10:07 PM, apollo said:

It's tough to feel better when you bust your ass and work up to 12 hour days, make what you think should be a livable salary... Pay %30ish taxes on your earnings just to see your taxes benefit money launderers and developers. 

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

The Liberals (not really liberal; more the old Social Credit) will continue to win the Provincial elections here as long as the NDP and Green continue to split the left wing vote.  

Quite possibly but it is not so clear this time around.  

Thoussands of Vancouver ( right wing economically ) voters  are now not voting for christy clarks liberals.  They are going to vote Green this election......

I do agree with you in general terms...

I don't think anyone here hates rich people.  I think people here hate greed, and rich people who become greedy and focus more on money than the well being of others are part of that.

Too often, wealth comes with power and then abuse of that power.  Which is what we're seeing here, with rich people and politicians joining forces to run things.  Sadly, it's in the interest of the rich getting richer, which is why we need a change and focus on those who are getting trampled on by way of that.

Good Lord this is getting so greasy to quote bubbles.

This is the same bank that released a report saying a ndp government would be bad for bc last week. Record profits and a massive tax refund. The dipper party is the BC liberals.... dipping into the pockets if hard working British Columbians to pad massive profits of billion dollar cooperations. No liberal supporter gets to cry about taxes as you guys love love love taxes. http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/court-ruling-reveals-big-bank-claimed-2-8-million-b-c-tax-refund-1.4100507

52 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

When the money Launderers and developers start running the Province ( BC ) ,  the province is ruined for its own citizens. 

Unfortunately that "when" has become now. Hope we see some change after this election. 

I was looking at Condos on the upper east side / west side of NY... even they have more affordable options than downtown vancouver lol! 

1 hour ago, debluvscanucks said:

I don't think anyone here hates rich people.  I think people here hate greed, and rich people who become greedy and focus more on money than the well being of others are part of that.

Too often, wealth comes with power and then abuse of that power.  Which is what we're seeing here, with rich people and politicians joining forces to run things.  Sadly, it's in the interest of the rich getting richer, which is why we need a change and focus on those who are getting trampled on by way of that.

I'd actually qualify or expand on that by saying

People hate seeing their elected officials spending more time catering to corporations ro business than the voters and taxpayers that comprise the electorate.

We hate seeing wealthy or influential corporations or "private" individuals having laws enacted or rules broken for just them.  We hate seeing our money spent on meaningless projects that all experts agree are pointless, we loathe seeing an entire province paying for things like a roof on BC place or a 1 BILLION dollar convention center when schools in rural areas are closing, bridges need to be built roads maintained or upgraded or hospitals built and staffed

We hate hearing how relief is coming for us then seeing tat relief given to those wealthiest, like the last MSP changes that saw someone making $30k a year paying the same as someone making $300k a year, we hate the lies and we hate the un-level playing field.

Being rich has nothing to do with it, but people desperately need to fabricate reasons for why others will disagree with them because they cannot or refuse to comprehend a situation in which their reasons for support are complete and utter bulls***

8 hours ago, iwtl said:

It's not.

A vote for the Greens is a vote for the Greens. Period.

They're taking voters from both parties FYI. It's time to stop pretending otherwise and stop propping up the two, horrible, mainstream parties with nothing but fear tactics. 

1 hour ago, J.R. said:

It's not.

They're taking voters from both parties FYI. It's time to stop pretending otherwise and stop propping up the two, horrible, mainstream parties with nothing but fear tactics. 

I want to agree and vote Green, I do.  But they crawl in a race that we need them to win in and there's no time to wait for them to eventually cross the finish line.  We need to send Crusty packing.  Giving her any further time in this destruction of everything sacred to some of us isn't an option.

1 hour ago, J.R. said:

It's not.

I'm definitely with you on this now (after lots of thought)... was initially going to vote NDP to go against Liberals.

If green voters, voted NDP out of fear of the liberals, then we'll never get the proper change. Perhaps in 2021 the greens can win? 

Regardless, I don't see greens winning this year but they will certainly have a voice and a bright future. 

1 hour ago, J.R. said:

It's not.

Do the greens have a chance to take power or opposition? NO

Did the liberals pay for adds promoting the greens- yes

A vote for the greens in all but 4 ridings is a vote for the liberals.

You want change ? Vote ndp and wipe out the liberal party. Then the greens can move up to opposition and build towards major party status. 

It's time to stop pretending that the greens outside of the island are anything but propping up the BC liberals.

38 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

I want to agree and vote Green, I do.  But they crawl in a race that we need them to win in and there's no time to wait for them to eventually cross the finish line.  We need to send Crusty packing.  Giving her any further time in this destruction of everything sacred to some of us isn't an option.

I'm not so sure that's happening, Green party or not. And let's face it, 'Crusty' is just the face/puppet trotted out in the media to the electorate. I find the vitriol directed specifically toward her quite comical. (And no, that's not an endorsement.) It's lowest common denominator stuff, that frankly, we should be above.

I'm tired of voting a party out. I'm tired of voting against a party instead of for a party. Sorry, but the NDP is not a party I can or will endorse simply because they're 'not Liberals'. That seems a both cowardly and incredibly myopic way to vote IMO. We've also seen this movie before. It was a bad movie then just as it's a bad movie now.

If all the people who say they would vote Green, 'if', actually had the courage to vote Green , we could break this disgusting cycle of switching back and forth between two garbage parties, neither of whom deserve our votes.

Stop voting with fear, vote with your damned brains.

Archived