The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Vancouver - Toronto

I swore I would never create one of these threads but I must be hockey starved or something. 

From that tweet, it sound to me like Lamoriello would not say no to a trade if the right D came along. The Leafs had a high flying offense this year but they also struggled to keep the puck out of their net for stretches. You know where I'm going with this:

To Toronto: Chris Tanev

To Vancouver: Kasperi Kapanen

Why does Toronto do this? They get a premier shut-down D which will be a big asset next year come playoff time. Also, this quote has been sticking in my mind today:

"Well, you won't sell your best. You won't even sell your second best, but your third best? You don't wanna sell either, but if I made you an offer so ridiculous, you'd be forced to consider it?" Schultz, Django Unchained.

Kapanen is a great young player but with Matthews, Marner and Nylander on the roster too, Toronto could afford to give him up. 

What do you think? Flame away!

I like the concept of going for prospects vs. picks a lot. Having Goldy and Dahlen vs. two picks this draft makes so much more sense for this team.

Given the "run" TO just had there may not be a lot of call-ups for TO next season, they probably look to add a couple of veterans now vs more kids. 

This deal can also be done post expansion draft which I think is more likely to happen than pre-expansion. 

KKapanen has very good potential but CTanev is proven as a top shut down D and quite young for a D on a good contract. Squeeze a 2nd also me thinks if TO feel they can give it a serious go. And why wouldn`t they? Kapanen is rather expendable for them.

To tor: tanev, 2nd pick 2017(CBJ)

to van: kapanen, 1st pick 2017 

tanev>kapanen

1stpick>2ndpick

its a win win. 

Tanev and Reilly were dominant at the worlds a last year? I think it was

baertschi-horvat-boeser

sedin-sedin-goldobin

eriksson-sutter-kapanen

virtanen-granlund-dorsett

Moving granlund to centre makes room for all our top wingers 

I don't necessarily think Kapanen would be the right choice for us. 

Looking through our potential lineup, we're missing...

A) A potential top line center,

B ) A PP QB

C) Size/Toughness throughout our D and in our top 6.

So, while I think that the next couple of drafts give us the best odds of getting us A and B, I think that, if Tanev is moved, it should be for a player with a bit more size and truculence.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/26/2017 at 9:36 AM, scheif16 said:

What do you think about Tanev + Brisebois for TOR 1st and kapanen?

I think it still requires a draft pick from us heading back, either a second or a third. Brisebois does have more value though and pushes the trade in the right direction

Seriously, ya'll overrating Kapanen. Tanev has beauty of contract and is in his prime. He's the exact type of player they need and he has shown great chemistry with Reilly.

To Toronto

Tanev

To Van

2017 1st round pick

Kapanen

Anything less is unacceptable. 

This proposal is not far off in terms of value going either way.  I'm sure Tor would be interested in Tanev.  The main problem with this proposal however is that it does not address the area of need for the Canucks.  Kapenan is RW.  If the Canucks trade Tanev away they need either a Centre that can play on top 2 lines or an offensive Dman.   

19 minutes ago, danaimo said:

This proposal is not far off in terms of value going either way.  I'm sure Tor would be interested in Tanev.  The main problem with this proposal however is that it does not address the area of need for the Canucks.  Kapenan is RW.  If the Canucks trade Tanev away they need either a Centre that can play on top 2 lines or an offensive Dman.   

Kapanen can play both RW and LW. I would prefer a futures based package for Tanev IMO

Tanev for Kapanen and their 1st (18th overall pick).

Draft Vesalainen with the 18th pick..

Vesalainen - Granlund - Kapanen

Granlund and Kapanen are smart, creative playmakers who can are willing to battle in the dirty areas and score. Kapanen and Vesalainen are both good skaters. Vesalainen being the power forward and finisher on this line. Could be a good 2nd line or even a 3rd line..

Mittelstadt - Gaudette - Boeser

Baertschi - Horvat - Virtanen

Vesalainen - Granlund - Kapanen

still have Dahlen and Goldobin as high-offense lottery tickets too

Archived