The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

We were only 1 number away from 1st OA but instead drop to 5

Hortankin

On 2017-04-30 at 11:26 AM, kingofsurrey said:

Canucks will get a solid prospect at the 5th spot.

We are a team that this year was playing AHL undrafted players on our top line......  so a  5th overall should help our club long term.

Yes  a first overall would have been great but heh  its a lottery.   We tanked our way and went with the odds....  Management did their job this year. .

Problem was how the club was managed the previous 2 years...  failure to rebuild until this season...

It is what it is. You've made some good points over the past couple of years. Those points were made without knowing the job JB had been tasked with (I don't believe much of what executives say as they are always in sell mode). All moot at this point. Do you think JB gets signed to an extension? 

It sucks that we should have drafted 3rd last year and 2nd this and lost Tryamkin. As fans we could have a lot more reason to be optimistic about next season. No doubt JB laments these facts more than we do....

51 minutes ago, Salacious Crumb said:

It is what it is. You've made some good points over the past couple of years. Those points were made without knowing the job JB had been tasked with (I don't believe much of what executives say as they are always in sell mode). All moot at this point. Do you think JB gets signed to an extension? 

It sucks that we should have drafted 3rd last year and 2nd this and lost Tryamkin. As fans we could have a lot more reason to be optimistic about next season. No doubt JB laments these facts more than we do....

I do agree with the secrecy and spin around the job of the GM.   No point believing a thing they say to media.

When they say they are no selling   you know they are looking for a deal. 

I think JB ' extension may or may depend on Juolevi and Virt .  If they both don't stick JB may be  in trouble for his next deal.  

I agree  that Canucks have now some pretty back luck in the draft and with Try.    Back luck seems to be in Canucks fans DNA .  Look at the first draft we had and the coin flip....

I can handle or club losing the few seasons as long i see younger prospects leading the team and being given leadership / PP  opportunities.  

We were spoiled in the early 2000's .  No we are the bottom of the cycle.    We as Canuck fans have to take the bad for a while as we had so much of the good before.

I can be patient as long as i see prospects being properly developed  and older assets being moved for younger  value. 

Ummmm it's done and I'd be extremely happy to see the canucks jersey with Vilardi or Rasmussen on the back of it, we're a tad short of big tough centermen, soft and easy to play against needs to STOP! Sure Hisch/Nolan would have great but it's no big huge massive deal in a way since we do need size up front, SKILLED size that is.... only! 

I still think getting in the top 5 this year helped, it's only a matter of time before we see things pan out and how much cap we have with miller's situation and the sedins next year. I bet trevor has some restless nights on how to approach both...  glad I'm not in his shoes, I'd let the twins walk to a serious cup contender next year so maybe, just maybe they will walk away and retire with a cup under their belts and the canucks with some spending cash and actually depth in the system and enough completion to get consistant play out of the roster and added help for that in Mr Green. If this team gets bigger and more consistant, in 2 years I'd bet we'd be in the playoff's again

There's no number about jack.  Ever cross your little sheep minds why the picks are never decided in front of a camera?  You're all so trusting that everything is on the up and up. ITS NOT!  Bettman, Daly and their cronies are as crooked as it gets. They sit around and decide which team picks where. It would be so simple to put a ping pong ball in a cooler on tv to determine the fate of things. Does nobody ever question why they don't do this?  Really?  It doesn't ever cross your minds?  

8 hours ago, YummyCakeFace said:

There's no number about jack.  Ever cross your little sheep minds why the picks are never decided in front of a camera?  You're all so trusting that everything is on the up and up. ITS NOT!  Bettman, Daly and their cronies are as crooked as it gets. They sit around and decide which team picks where. It would be so simple to put a ping pong ball in a cooler on tv to determine the fate of things. Does nobody ever question why they don't do this?  Really?  It doesn't ever cross your minds?  

It, in fact IS decided in front of a camera, with an independent accounting firm overseeing it. There is also a rep from each team in attendance when it's done.  Your tinfoil hat seems be be corroding your brain

Archived