The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

McGregor vs Mayweather August 26th

DoughtysCheck

44 minutes ago, ReggieBush said:

I don't understand how you can like Floyd Mayweather

How can you not? The man perfected his talent and is hands down hardest working boxer. 

The whole pretty boy and money thing is a show. Guy made millions on people betting on him to lose everytime. 

1 hour ago, HI5 said:

How can you not? The man perfected his talent and is hands down hardest working boxer. 

The whole pretty boy and money thing is a show. Guy made millions on people betting on him to lose everytime. 

I'll give you 3 reasons

1. In 2002, Mayweather was charged with two counts of domestic violence and one count of misdemeanor battery

2. In 2004, Mayweather was given a one-year suspended jail sentence, ordered to undergo counseling for "impulse control" and pay a $1,000 fine (or perform 100 hours of community service) after being convicted of two counts of misdemeanor battery against two women.

3. On December 21, 2011, a judge sentenced Mayweather to serve 90 days in the county jail for battery upon Harris in September 2010. Mayweather reached a deal with prosecutors in which he pleaded guilty to misdemeanor battery in exchange for prosecutors dropping the felony battery charge.

Common man, the guy is dirt

I will tell who likes Mayweather old school boxing types who are annoyed at this UFC MMA got so popular and believe the way this fight is being promoted is UFC style more over the top than WWE.

The old heads are appalled at the language being used.

Boxing too them is so above MMA aka UFC that they are disgusted their great sport is being promoted along with a bunch of hooligan cage fighters.

Scripted or not.

Mayweather is scared you can see it in recent press conferences and interviews.

McGregor is right, he made a huge mistake taking this fight.

Instead of being known as the undefeated fighter he will be known as the guy who lost to an MMA fighter that embarrassed boxing.

Not that boxing needs mcgregor help with that, they made themselves look like fools shutting down Connor's mic...

Only way mayweather wins in by decision, it will be rigged so Connor needs the KO

I'm calling it now. McGregor KO in 3rd round

8 minutes ago, Hortankin said:

Mayweather is scared you can see it in recent press conferences and interviews.

McGregor is right, he made a huge mistake taking this fight.

Instead of being known as the undefeated fighter he will be known as the guy who lost to an MMA fighter that embarrassed boxing.

Not that boxing needs mcgregor help with that, they made themselves look like fools shutting down Connor's mic...

Only way mayweather wins in by decision, it will be rigged so Connor needs the KO

I'm calling it now. McGregor KO in 3rd round

With big puffy 10 ounce gloves, does McGreggor even have a puncher's chance?  I really would LOVE to see Connor win, but don't believe he lasts all 12 rounds.  He will tire of the chase and do the "no mas" like Duran did.

2 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

I will tell who likes Mayweather old school boxing types who are annoyed at this UFC MMA got so popular and believe the way this fight is being promoted is UFC style more over the top than WWE.

The old heads are appalled at the language being used.

Boxing too them is so above MMA aka UFC that they are disgusted their great sport is being promoted along with a bunch of hooligan cage fighters.

Scripted or not.

No man. I'm a fan of the sport of boxing, and although @ReggieBush brings up valid points about Mayweather's out of the ring behavior, from a purely technical stand point I can't help but respect Mayweather.  18 years world champ.  @HI5 says he has perfected his craft and he is right- his reaction time/agility and his elusiveness is like McDavid when it comes to hockey and Mayweather is pushing 40 years!   

When it comes to this particular fight I actually had very little interest in it, untill I started listening to Connor say how weak of a fighter is, how he is going to KO him in a sport he has proven nothing in!  It's funny how in the sport of boxing, guys that fight nothing like him e.g. the Garcia's have nothing but respect for Floyd because they understand how good he is.  And here comes Connor, trash talking like a champ.  It's going to be a fun fight to see *I hope*

I don't follow MMA closely but I respect it. 

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

With big puffy 10 ounce gloves, does McGreggor even have a puncher's chance?  I really would LOVE to see Connor win, but don't believe he lasts all 12 rounds.  He will tire of the chase and do the "no mas" like Duran did.

10 oz gloves are not puffy.  Have you been hit with them?  I have, and let me tell you it hurts.  It's like saying hockey players these days wear too much padding compared to the old days even though the game is way faster and hits are way harder.   Boxing is no different.  It still hurts either way, and you shouldnt compromise safety,  

2 hours ago, ReggieBush said:

Common man, the guy is dirt

Yup his life will be all downhill from here.  His glory days are long gone and no amount of hitting defenseless females is going to bring that back for him.  Some people just want to back a winner.  Pretty boy is going to be a big hit in prison, they'll call him Cinderella and he'll have no problem finding himself a fella.

6 minutes ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

10 oz gloves are not puffy.  Have you been hit with them?  I have, and let me tell you it hurts.  It's like saying hockey players these days wear too much padding compared to the old days even though the game is way faster and hits are way harder.   Boxing is no different.  It still hurts either way, and you shouldnt compromise safety,  

Compared to what McGreggor is used to, 10 ounce gloves are beyond puffy.  

3 minutes ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

It was his choice to enter the boxing ring.  Whining about what gloves are used is silly and is just pandering to the goon squad that dont know anything

I don't believe Connor is whining, or anyone is.  For Connor to win, he needs a knockout.  Puffy gloves makes that HIGHLY unlikely.  I want him to win though.

20 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Apparently Mayweather is fine with 4 inch glove which McGregor wants

But then again he also said he'd fight in the octagon and made a bs wager with McGregor to put his share of the $ on the fight.

Mayweather made himself look really bad.. Connor didn't even have to speak

7 minutes ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

It was his choice to enter the boxing ring.  Whining about what gloves are used is silly and is just pandering to the goon squad that dont know anything

He took boxing because Mayweather deffiently wouldn't take an MMA fight.

Mayweather has his sport, the least he can do is mam up to his word and use 4 inch gloves, but that was just talk I bet

If anything he should meet Connor half way and make it a kickboxing match

12 minutes ago, Hortankin said:

Mayweather has his sport, the least he can do is mam up to his word and use 4 inch gloves, but that was just talk I bet

Why? Mayweather is already doing Conor a huge favour having this fight at all. He has no need to put himself in any sort of danger. In a kickboxing setting Conor probably gets the KO in less than a minute.

Just now, Hortankin said:

There is a reason boxing doesnt use 4 ounce gloves because of (a) fighter safety and (b) fights wouldnt last more than 1 round.  Pro boxing is only boxing- maybe remember that when you start talking about what gloves are used

5 minutes ago, TheHitman said:

Why? Mayweather is already doing Conor a huge favour having this fight at all. He has no need to put himself in any sort of danger at all. In a kickboxing setting Conor probably gets the KO in less than a minute.

His tax situation is why he's taking the fight. His book bag filled with all that $ was all but $5K lol and that $100M cheque was most likely fake. Mayweather isn't doing anyone a favor but himself. McGregors just taking advantage of his popularity here

Mayweather is going to get embarrassed I think, 3rd round KO is my bet, if not he gets KOd before the 8th round.

In his prime he had trouble with southpaw and now he's old and fighting arguably the best south paw fighter in the game. I'd bet McGregor just for the payout alone

He's in that much of a financial struggle he's risking his legacy here. He won't be undefeated anymore and he's never going to get another big $ fight after this.. so he best use this $ very wisely.. step 1 is don't make that bet with McGregor he brought up in the press conference

5 minutes ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

There is a reason boxing doesnt use 4 ounce gloves because of (a) fighter safety and (b) fights wouldnt last more than 1 round.  Pro boxing is only boxing- maybe remember that when you start talking about what gloves are used

Mayweather said he didn't care wether it was 4 inch or 8 inch 

Idc what the rules say, don't talk $&!# if you can't back it up

7 minutes ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

You're making something that's supposed to be fun not so fun btw. 

Archived