The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Any of our prospects capable of hitting 80 points in the future?

Hortankin

I don't really think so thus far but who knows.

Right now I think the team is leaning towards a more balanced scoring approach where the top scorers range from 45-75 points.

So hard to say at this point.  Even with guys we've seen play with the big club are up in the air such as Horvat and Boeser.  I think both will be 1st line players, but whether they are THAT good is hard to say.  Horvat has made strides and has already exceeded where I thought he would be at this point, and will almost certainly get even better, but I'm not certain he has that elite level of talent.  Boeser may, but we haven't seen enough of him yet to determine that and given his draft position, mathematically it is statistically unlikely.  (Not that statistics write anything in stone)

...then we have a handful of other prospects who show great potential, but it's even more difficult to know what their ceiling is.  Dahlen, Goldobin, Gaudette all look like possible high level players, but time will tell.  I mean, who thought Marchand would turn into an 80+ point scorer 8 years into his career?  If one couldn't likely predict that, it is even harder to say when a player hasn't even played a single game in the NHL yet.

I will say, however, that our prospect pool is better than it has been in a long time.  Even if one or two of our guys hit their ceiling, our future looks much better.

15 minutes ago, ItsMillerTime said:

Thats a little crazy to think. Also when Gaudette and Dahlin haven't even played a NHL game.

Gaudette is having similar success that Boeser had.

Dahlin is next year's top prospect, but Dahlen is a hell of a lot better than most think. Wait until you see this kid at training camp.

I'm not saying these players will hit 80pt next year I'm just saying I think they hit it atleast once in their careers.

Boeser is fully capable of 40 goals next year. He averaged .5 gpg so if he keeps up that production he will pot 41 next year as a rookie. I think he gets 32 when it's all said and done but I'd be happy with even 20. I have really high hopes for him

Just now, Hortankin said:

Gaudette is having similar success that Boeser had.

Dahlin is next year's top prospect, but Dahlen is a hell of a lot better than most think. Wait until you see this kid at training camp.

I'm not saying these players will hit 80pt next year I'm just saying I think they hit it atleast once in their careers.

Boeser is fully capable of 40 goals next year. He averaged .5 gpg so if he keeps up that production he will pot 41 next year as a rookie. I think he gets 32 when it's all said and done but I'd be happy with even 20. I have really high hopes for him

I agree on Dahlin.  The guy will make our team next season, and really be exciting to watch.  He's a gem, and was a real steal by JB.  I think Goldobin is not going to be around for very long.

44 minutes ago, Hortankin said:

I love some of the prospects JB has brought in. Just curious to see what prospects some of you feel COULD POTENTIAL hit the 80pt mark.

Boeser: 95% 

Dahlen: 90%

Horvat: 85%

Gaudette: 50%

95% is a bit much.

I'd put Horvat at 40% and the rest at 25%

17 minutes ago, Hortankin said:

I'm not saying constantly more so just hitting 80pts once

I still think the numbers are optimistic.  Kesler has never hit 80 points.  Henrik Sedin has only done it five times and Daniel four.  I think the last time a Canuck not named Sedin did it was 13 years ago.  And 80 points is getting harder to reach these days.  It's the new 100 points.

10 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I agree on Dahlin.  The guy will make our team next season, and really be exciting to watch.  He's a gem, and was a real steal by JB.  I think Goldobin is not going to be around for very long.

I honestly believe Dahlen, Goldobin, Virtanen, and Granlund will eventually force a trade of Baertschi. I hope I'm wrong but I don't see Baertschi like most here. I kind of want to sell high on him. Wait and see what Green gets out of him first though

Just now, Hortankin said:

I honestly believe Dahlen, Goldobin, Virtanen, and Granlund will eventually force a trade of Baertschi. I hope I'm wrong but I don't see Baertschi like most here. I kind of want to sell high on him. Wait and see what Green gets out of him first though

Curious. How come? 

1 minute ago, Kevin Biestra said:

I still think the numbers are optimistic.  Kesler has never hit 80 points.  Henrik Sedin has only done it five times and Daniel four.  I think the last time a Canuck not named Sedin did it was 13 years ago.

Yeah they are. More so to show you who I feel has the better shot. I'm known for my overly optimistic opinions on here but that's needed around here these days

Archived