The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

29 minutes ago, VanGnome said:

With Pettersson not yet having signed his ELC, I wonder if he signs a PTO with Utica after his playoffs end for Vaxjo and joins Utica for their playoff run, then signs his ELC after that wraps up.

I think he Will be at the world chsmpionship i stenad.. There will be riots in Sweden if he isnt in the team

4 minutes ago, ForzaTikare said:

I think he Will be at the world chsmpionship i stenad.. There will be riots in Sweden if he isnt in the team

The World Championship ends 5 days after the AHL Playoffs begin, so there's a good chance if Utica makes it out of the 1st round, Pettersson may elect to sign a PTO and play with Utica, but that's a TON of hockey in one year... full season in SHL, plus Playoffs, World Championship, AHL Playoffs then into a truncated off-season then NHL training camp.

Then again Boeser played a ton of hockey and turned out alright for us this season.

I dont want to get my hopes up but what if Pettersson is Laine good, like what if he comes in and has a brock type year ? Do we dare to dream?just seems to me like we are all conditioned to think good things wont happen to us, and I love the sedins and everything, I mean, the are a huge part of this city, but it took them 6 years to become marquee players whereas teams like chicago and pittsburgh got ready made superstars who dominated from their first game on - do we dare to dream that we will get players like that ??

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, VanGnome said:

The World Championship ends 5 days after the AHL Playoffs begin, so there's a good chance if Utica makes it out of the 1st round, Pettersson may elect to sign a PTO and play with Utica, but that's a TON of hockey in one year... full season in SHL, plus Playoffs, World Championship, AHL Playoffs then into a truncated off-season then NHL training camp.

Then again Boeser played a ton of hockey and turned out alright for us this season.

Add preseason shl and chl to that list ::D

12 minutes ago, Canucks Curse said:

I dont want to get my hopes up but what if Pettersson is Laine good, like what if he comes in and has a brock type year ? Do we dare to dream?just seems to me like we are all conditioned to think good things wont happen to us, and I love the sedins and everything, I mean, the are a huge part of this city, but it took them 6 years to become marquee players whereas teams like chicago and pittsburgh got ready made superstars who dominated from their first game on - do we dare to dream that we will get players like that ??

Yeah that's a good point. In the Sedins case the fact they played together their entire careers prior to being drafted at the NHL allowed them to dominate on a much larger ice surface. Once they got here, it took them several years to become dominant because they had to work on and improve aspects of their games that they did not have to pay much attention to before.

I think that Vancouver is finally benefitting from a much improved scouting, and realizing that it will take 2-3 years from drafting for a player to possibly be ready to make an impact at the NHL level, and are developing our prospects correctly.

I think Pettersson's emergence has taken just about everyone by surprise, Gaudette looks REALLY promising so far, but compared to Boeser and what Pettersson has done in the SHL, seems almost pedestrian, but I see a lot of potential dominance to come from Gaudette as he adjusts, learns and adapts to the NHL.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, VanGnome said:

Well being the SHL scoring leader as a rookie, Pettersson's consideration for the World Championship is most likely going to be highly reconsidered.

Wasn't he also leading the SHL scoring or at the very least leading in Points per game prior olympics and he wasnt selected.

Ideally i prefer to see him in Utica. Him and fuc boi Goldy will carry Utica to a championship! 

• Haha 2

On 2018-04-09 at 5:30 AM, Canadian Clay said:

Is Elias Pettersson even real? Like we couldn’t have actually gotten a player like this, right????? Bettman has to be playing a trick on us or something. I mean, how else can you explain it????

19 yrs old and he’s already writing his name in history books. Is this real life??

Love the postcard effect.  Sportsnet 650s morning show was just goshing over Pettersson's skating ability.  His edge control on that series winner was unreal.  We got some real good kids on the way. So stoked.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

On 07/04/2018 at 4:41 AM, Dixon Ward said:

Horvat is a more traditional Captain like Steamer and Linden.  Gritty, not the top scorer but contributes in many ways. He is a slam dunk and a great example to the younger players.  

Another player who never takes a shift off. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Darius71 said:

Alexander Appleyard is a contributor to the Athletic in Philly...The athletic describes him:

"Alexander Appleyard, who grew up in Europe and has followed the Flyers avidly for as long as he can remember, is a contributor to The Athletic Philadelphia. In addition, he has a strong interest in prospects, statistics and the SHL."

What does he think of Pettersson?

Forsberg esk perhaps :P once he fills out he could be a real menace lol

Not expecting him to be as heavy but the kid is insanely strong for body type

As Jim put it: he is wirey strong!

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

17 hours ago, AV's Coin said:

Not that I know of.

But I'm going to start using it!!!!!

How many times did Anders Nillson go for a sausage this year?

Looks like he went for a sausage on the Mcdavid shootout goal!

Enough times for Anders Nilsson to be selling hotdogs for a living next season...hopefully....

Edited by spook007

14 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

Forsberg esk perhaps :P once he fills out he could be a real menace lol

Not expecting him to be as heavy but the kid is insanely strong for body type

As Jim put it: he is wirey strong!

it is pretty exciting that we actually may have got the de facto 1st overall from 2017, we won't know for sure for a couple of seasons and Hischier has set the bar fairly high but it certainly seems possible. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

it is pretty exciting that we actually may have got the de facto 1st overall from 2017, we won't know for sure for a couple of seasons and Hischier has set the bar fairly high but it certainly seems possible. 

Yeah Betman even said we may of gotten the best player when he was here for the 2019 draft announcement.  I think imac was giving him the gears on draft lotto not helping bottom teams. He just laughed and said ^

• Haha 1

On 2018-04-08 at 11:21 PM, DontMessMe said:

Wasn't he also leading the SHL scoring or at the very least leading in Points per game prior olympics and he wasnt selected.

Ideally i prefer to see him in Utica. Him and fuc boi Goldy will carry Utica to a championship! 

On 2018-04-09 at 5:30 AM, Canadian Clay said:

Is Elias Pettersson even real? Like we couldn’t have actually gotten a player like this, right????? Bettman has to be playing a trick on us or something. I mean, how else can you explain it????

19 yrs old and he’s already writing his name in history books. Is this real life??

This picture alone has Sweden reconsidering...