The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2018 NHL Entry Draft

Zfetch

1 minute ago, Rush17 said:

Good interview from last night. Talking to a CHL scout or something along those lines. Talks about: Zadina, Svech, Dobson, Bouchard, Merkley, among others.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/650/the-playbook/goes-first-nhl-draft-zadina-svechnikov/

A lot of love for Ty Smith. Him being named Captain for Canada's u18 team.

12 hours ago, coastal.view said:

so you think there is a team out there

that would accept a watered down return for their high first pick ?

please identify which team this might be ?

cuz this sounds like a lot of hot air to me

Its a low furst pick not a high first pick. And pretty much any team that could use a goal scorer now and doesnt want to wait 3-4 years for a frat round pock to develop into one would take baertschi abd a 3rd for their 1st. A lot would take baertschi straight up. Kole lind + a 3rd might also have the same value to a team as a low first round pick, depending on whos in the board and what they need in their organization. 

9 minutes ago, Canadian Clay said:

Its a low furst pick not a high first pick. And pretty much any team that could use a goal scorer now and doesnt want to wait 3-4 years for a frat round pock to develop into one would take baertschi abd a 3rd for their 1st. A lot would take baertschi straight up. Kole lind + a 3rd might also have the same value to a team as a low first round pick, depending on whos in the board and what they need in their organization. 

Except players like baertschi aren’t rare. Teams can find similar players in UFA at the cost of zero assets. 

Baertchi isn’t a proven commodity. He’s still a risk and because of that teams aren’t going to ante up to pay for that. Most teams would rather keep that roster spot open for thier own prospects who are on elc. And if they don’t have that type of prospect, then they can look at ufa. Or much cheaper trade options. 

10 minutes ago, Sugar baby watermelon said:

The one thing to look forward to if we draft Tkachuk, is battles with Doughty!!  The family feud would definitely continue

I'm wondering if the brothers would actually throw down to protect their teammates.

2 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

I'm wondering if the brothers would actually throw down to protect their teammates.

No doubts they would, I read somewhere that Brady used to talk about the 2 of them used to play practice fight and then it used to get serious until someone had to step in and break it up lol....  sh_t disturbers even with each other

3 hours ago, Isam said:

B. If they can go down one or two spots and still draft their guy then do it.  Us and the islanders might be the two most interesting teams in this draft.

I want Boqvist or one of the forwards.  :). If we go 2 or 3 I wouldn't be upset if we took a d man.  Some have Boqvist as high as 2, 3, or 4. If any team behind you values Boqvist high u could lose him by trading down a single spot.

3 minutes ago, Sugar baby watermelon said:

No doubts they would, I read somewhere that Brady used to talk about the 2 of them used to play practice fight and then it used to get serious until someone had to step in and break it up lol....  sh_t disturbers even with each other

Having the younger brother who is bigger definitely would be fun. He could return some of the rough stuff he got as a kid. Their dad is a psycho if he initiated that crap.

13 minutes ago, Camel Toe Drag said:

3 more sleeps

Last year I was listening to the NHL Lottery on the radio while sitting in a line to drive on the ferry when the results were announced, I couldn't have sworn louder haha, not knowing at the time that we got the Golden Child!!  While it would be nice if we rise from our spot I will be content with who we get knowing Trader Jim has does his homework regardless of where we pick

Archived