The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2018 NHL Entry Draft

Zfetch

1 hour ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Except players like baertschi aren’t rare. Teams can find similar players in UFA at the cost of zero assets. 

Baertchi isn’t a proven commodity. He’s still a risk and because of that teams aren’t going to ante up to pay for that. Most teams would rather keep that roster spot open for thier own prospects who are on elc. And if they don’t have that type of prospect, then they can look at ufa. Or much cheaper trade options. 

SB sounded pretty down and disappointed when talking about his injury in the post season exit pressers,.

couldnt tell if it was frustration, or a real worry of returning to full health.

24 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

I tried to figure it out too, don't think he even knows what he is on about at this point. Lol

I think what the statement is saying is. The best center Brady Tkachuk has player with is mittlestadt. But he only played with mittelstadt a short period of time while playing in the WJC. 

1 minute ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

I think what the statement is saying is. The best center Brady Tkachuk has player with is mittlestadt. But he only played with mittelstadt a short period of time while playing in the WJC. 

Imagine if Buffalo falls to 4 and drafts Tkachuk!!  Oh man him and Mittelstadt are a perfect combination jeez, oh I know they need Dmen just as badly as we do but the chance to see them live at the WJC's would be big in BUF mgmt minds

6 minutes ago, Sugar baby watermelon said:

Imagine if Buffalo falls to 4 and drafts Tkachuk!!  Oh man him and Mittelstadt are a perfect combination jeez, oh I know they need Dmen just as badly as we do but the chance to see them live at the WJC's would be big in BUF mgmt minds

Yeah I could see them choosing him if they don’t win dahlin. 

10 hours ago, The Great Canucks said:

No. If we're picking at three, we are taking Zadina.

I don't think it's that cut and dry. Sure Svech is almost assuredly the #2 pick but at 3+ I could very easily see teams having Zadina/Boqvist/Tkachuck in any order.

1 hour ago, N7Nucks said:

I tried to figure it out too, don't think he even knows what he is on about at this point. Lol

It wasn't even my point:

5 hours ago, Isam said:

And aside from mittlestadt, tkachuk has never really played with a game breaking center. 

And seems pretty clear to everyone but you two :lol: ↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓

37 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

3 hours ago, Rush17 said:

I think we're going to pick 2, 3, or 6.

Yeah no team could be as unlucky as once more getting bounced down 3 places. All this BS has to stop sometime.

I have a suspicion based on absolutely nothing that we will pick at Number 1.

Unlike most though I want in order of preference.

Svechnikov

Tkachuk

Dahlin

Zadina

Bouchard

Wahlstrom.

1 hour ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Yeah I could see them choosing him if they don’t win dahlin. 

Yeah me too. They need a emotional leader who can shake things up if things aren't going well. Brady stirring crap up to get his team back into things could be huge.  I'd like that here but Green does a pretty good job on his own. Have to respect a player who can do it. (Unless their Brad "The Rat" Marchant lol. Screw that guy)

11 minutes ago, alfstonker said:

Yeah no team could be as unlucky as once more getting bounced down 3 places. All this BS has to stop sometime.

I have a suspicion based on absolutely nothing that we will pick at Number 1.

Unlike most though I want in order of preference.

Svechnikov

Tkachuk

Dahlin

Zadina

Bouchard

Wahlstrom.

I can guarantee you that nobody will be skipping out on Dahlin.  

He is being touted as the next McDavid, but on D.  

When pretty much every scout calls the kid a sure thing all star dman, you take him. 

This talk about Tkachuk playing with an elite center is the exact reason I think we should avoid him. Why take the player who needs to play with elite players when we can get the potentially elite players themselves in Svechnikov/Zadina/Hughes/Boqvist/etc.?

12 minutes ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

This talk about Tkachuk playing with an elite center is the exact reason I think we should avoid him. Why take the player who needs to play with elite players when we can get the potentially elite players themselves in Svechnikov/Zadina/Hughes/Boqvist/etc.?

Tkachuk is definitely elite and makes players around him better. If he makes it to 6th we should take him 100%. 

11 minutes ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

Probably the same crowd that wanted a great 2 way forward in Glass over elite skill in the top 10 last year. We’re in dire need of skill at every position. Draft the most elite skilled guy you can that’s ranked in your wheelhouse. I feel pretty confident we can find a guy that can grind, hit and have good two way play later in the draft. Those guys are easier to find later in the draft than those elite skilled guys. Gadjovich looks like a promising grit guy and we didn’t have to spend a top 10 pick to get him. How many Svechnikovs are going in the 2nd round?

1 hour ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

I don’t think people are saying he needs an elite center.  I think people are just drooling over the fact that if he had an elite center it would be a lethal combo. And that he’s been able to boost his rankings despite not having the benefit of playing with an elite center which is impressive. 

Just now, ForsbergTheGreat said:

I don’t think people are saying he needs an elite center.  I think people are just drooling over the fact that if he had an elite center it would be a lethal combo. And that he’s been able to boost his rankings despite not having the benefit of playing with an elite center which is impressive. 

Maybe Pettersson is (potentially) the elite center that would mesh perfectly with BT?  

10 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Maybe Pettersson is (potentially) the elite center that would mesh perfectly with BT?  

If we did draft Tkachuk, wouldn't he be the perfect deterrent to watch Pettersons back!!  Tkachuk gelled so well with Mittelstadt and we all know Elias can distribute just as good as he can shoot, or vice versa, have Tkachuk down the middle and Elias on the wing.

1 minute ago, Sugar baby watermelon said:

If we land the 3rd or 4th, maybe Benning can start a bidding war between the following 2 teams and find out who they are going after and get either or to throw a nice prospect and whoever has the best offer trade to them.

We can only pick 1, 2, 3, 6, 7, 8 or 9.

Archived