The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2017-18 Utica Comets Thread

3 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Does Kyle Wellwood count???

Boy that kid had talent. Serious talent so your point is well taken. I was not surprised to hear him quoted that he did not miss the game. He did not love to play anymore. Sad. 

On ‎2017‎年‎7‎月‎30‎日 at 0:39 AM, Canadian Clay said:

1. Pick up weise on waivers

2. After a while, trade him for depth d-man Diaz

3. Flip Diaz for a 5th rounder

4. Use 5th rounder to draft Gaudette

5. Gaudette becomes a top 5 prospect for an NHL team

seriously though if Gaudette pans out then that will have been quite the lucky waiver pickup ::D

THAT's recycling for a Green-approach!

On 7/27/2017 at 4:16 PM, UticaHockey said:

It's exactly what I have been calling for.  Someone within the Vancouver Canucks hierarchy with direct responsibility for the Utica Comets.  Now hopefully he believes that building a first class organization includes winning down on the farm and he has the authority to make deals to assure that happens. 

So what can we be looking at as far as roster players?

I don't expect Dahlen to play in Utica if he doesn't cracked the Canucks. 

I can see Burmistrov eventually being sent down along with Virtanen, Goldobin  and possibly Boeser for forwards.

On D, I can see one of Weircoch and Holm being sent down and a positivity of Cederholm coming back over. 

If that's the case, I can see a line-up of...

Goldobin-Burmistrov-Virtanen

Archibald-Molino-Boeser

Carcone-Cassels-Megna

Labate-MacEwen-??

Pedan-Subban

McEneny-Chatfield

Brisebois-Biega

Holm-Weircoch

Demko

Bachman

At the end of NCAA season, I'm really hoping guys like Gaudette and Lockwood can join in time for the stretch run and playoffs and perhaps guys like Dahlen, Pettersson, Palmu, and Juolevi can join after their Euro seasons end.

Not a bad line-up

Thoughts?

55 minutes ago, missioncanucksfan said:

I can see Burmistrov eventually being sent down along with Virtanen, Goldobin  and possibly Boeser for forwards.

On D, I can see one of Weircoch and Holm being sent down and a positivity of Cederholm coming back over. 

Archibald-Molino-Boeser

Carcone-Cassels-Megna

Labate-MacEwen-??

Pedan-Subban

McEneny-Chatfield

Brisebois-Biega

Holm-Weircoch

Demko

Bachman

At the end of NCAA season, I'm really hoping guys like Gaudette and Lockwood can join in time for the stretch run and playoffs and perhaps guys like Dahlen, Pettersson, Palmu, and Juolevi can join after their Euro seasons end.

Not a bad line-up

Thoughts?

It took some time but Utica is now FILLED with canucks depth. I like it. I like it alot.

Question.  Can burmistrov be sent down without waivers.

6 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

It took some time but Utica is now FILLED with canucks depth. I like it. I like it alot.

Question.  Can burmistrov be sent down without waivers.

Nope. Which is why I think that unless he has a really poor camp he'll be penciled into the lineup.

Players like Goldobin, Virtanen, and Boeser can all be sent down, and it wouldn't be the worst thing for them to get their confidence going in Utica first.

1 hour ago, missioncanucksfan said:

Archibald-Molino-Boeser

Carcone-Cassels-Megna

Labate-MacEwen-??

Pedan-Subban

McEneny-Chatfield

Brisebois-Biega

Holm-Weircoch

Demko

Bachman

Not a bad line-up

Thoughts?

Chaput and Megna will be their top two centers. I think that was the plan last season, and then injuries and lack of depth struck.

Those two will be a big boost to Utica, and will give guys like Virtanen, Boeser, and Goldobin legit AHL centers to play with.

I tell you what Utica is going to be a lot of fun to watch this year if the roster is anything like this. Loads of talent and some exciting prospects and two strong centres with a lot of NHL experience in Chaput and Megna. I am really looking forward to the up coming season, very little in the way of AHL plugs in that line up.

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

Chaput and Megna will be their top two centers. I think that was the plan last season, and then injuries and lack of depth struck.

Those two will be a big boost to Utica, and will give guys like Virtanen, Boeser, and Goldobin legit AHL centers to play with.

I can see Chaput being the top center but as far as development goes, it has to be Jake, Brock and Goldy getting the top minutes. Megna will serve in a support role

Jake and Goldy are vets enough to assume those top line minutes by now to help their further development. Playing Megna more minutes doesn't help them

2 minutes ago, missioncanucksfan said:

I can see Chaput being the top center but as far as development goes, it has to be Jake, Brock and Goldy getting the top minutes. Megna will serve in a support role

Jake and Goldy are vets enough to assume those top line minutes by now to help their further development. Playing Megna more minutes doesn't help them

Pretty sure Megna's natural position is center, so he wouldn't be taking any minutes away from them.

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

Nope. Which is why I think that unless he has a really poor camp he'll be penciled into the lineup.

Players like Goldobin, Virtanen, and Boeser can all be sent down, and it wouldn't be the worst thing for them to get their confidence going in Utica first.

I too know Burmie will start with Canucks but as the season goes on and if the team stays healthy, I can see him being sent down. 

If they decide to do that, I'm not so sure they will be too worried about him getting claimed.

Could be a sick line tho

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Pretty sure Megna's natural position is center, so he wouldn't be taking any minutes away from them.

Would rather Molino get those minutes

Molino-Megna would be one fast line

IMO, Megna would be better served in a support role like playing on 3rd line

Carcone-MacEwen-Megna

As 

Archibald-Molino-Boeser

Could be a skilled line with Archibald being the vet and creating room and setting up pucks

2 minutes ago, missioncanucksfan said:

Would rather Molino get those minutes

Molino-Megna would be one fast line

He'll have to earn them.

So far he hasn't exactly proven to be a top offensive player. His speed will probably be better served as a third line shutdown guy until he can proven that he can put up numbers consistently. 

Megna has a track record of putting up points in the AHL, and will probably be a good vet to lead the way for the young wingers.

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

He'll have to earn them.

So far he hasn't exactly proven to be a top offensive player. His speed will probably be better served as a third line shutdown guy until he can proven that he can put up numbers consistently. 

Megna has a track record of putting up points in the AHL, and will probably be a good vet to lead the way for the young wingers.

That's true... I just see Molino as more of a set-up guy that can use his speed to make plays and dish pucks to the the skilled scorers. Hope he can become a pk machine.

On a side note.... 

I'm not sure if there is a rule where AHL teams have to have a certain % of AHL contracts and not just all Parent team prospects. Is that true? 

If so, I can see guys like Saunter,  Cassels, Cederholm get pushed to ECHL K-Wings

How is Boeser supposed to win the Calder next season playing in Utica? ;)

I think Boeser and Burmistrov make the Canucks and Virtanen, Goldobin, Molino and Gaunce play in Utica. What happens if Rodin chokes at training camp? Would he also go to Utica? Or does he have a "Tryamkin clause"? (if you Try to send me there, I'll run home)

Archived