The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2017-18 Utica Comets Thread

12 hours ago, wildcam said:

Oh McEneny really improved, best D man on Utica since January.... So Pedan, Subban, McEneny all very close....

I have to disagree. McEneny > Pedan > Subban every day. Subban plays horrible defense. He rarely hits anyone. Gets constantly beat. I've watched all the Comet home games for 2 years now and nothing has changed. I'm not sure who's worse in the defensive zone, Subban or Negrin.

I know somewhere in this forum there was talk about Negrin being hurt towards the end of last year. I don't think that's true. I think Green had enough of him. I am in a bowling league on Thursday's and on at least 3 occasions he was open bowling with Pedan right next to us. He even stated to a friend of mine that he wasn't injured and didn't know why he wasn't playing. Thought I'd pass that along.

5 minutes ago, UticaComment said:

I know somewhere in this forum there was talk about Negrin being hurt towards the end of last year. I don't think that's true. I think Green had enough of him. I am in a bowling league on Thursday's and on at least 3 occasions he was open bowling with Pedan right next to us. He even stated to a friend of mine that he wasn't injured and didn't know why he wasn't playing. Thought I'd pass that along.

Bowling is lame.

1 hour ago, 73 Percent said:

Bowling is lame.

WTF

Bowling is not lame at all.    My co ed competitive team  takes it pretty serious.  We all hit the gym a few times a week and work on Core fitness.  For pre season we do the Grouse Grind a few times and even did a tougher mudder last  time..    Well all of us accept for Reggie....  he smokes WAY  too much and said no to  the Grind  / Mudder events....

Just now, kingofsurrey said:

WTF

Bowling is not lame at all.    My co ed competitive team  takes it pretty serious.  We all hit the gym a few times a week and work on Core fitness.  For pre season we do the Grouse Grind a few times and even did a tougher mudder last  time..    Well all of us accept for Reggie....  he smokes WAY  too much and said no to  the Grind  / Mudder events....

I've seen you talk about bowling at least once before on CDC and I'm still convinced you're just f***ing with us.

2 hours ago, UticaComment said:

I have to disagree. McEneny > Pedan > Subban every day. Subban plays horrible defense.

That plus Subban not requiring waivers pretty much settles it.

2 hours ago, UticaComment said:

Evidently nepotism causes some form of myopia.

On 7/18/2017 at 4:00 PM, wildcam said:

Pedan will be lost on waivers this year if sent down, Boucher will also be claimed off waivers.

Just curios how you know this to be so matter of fact?

4 hours ago, UticaComment said:

Negrin was never cleared for contact after suffering from concussion symptoms.

6 hours ago, UticaComment said:

I have to disagree. McEneny > Pedan > Subban every day. Subban plays horrible defense. He rarely hits anyone. Gets constantly beat. I've watched all the Comet home games for 2 years now and nothing has changed. I'm not sure who's worse in the defensive zone, Subban or Negrin.

Maybe he looks different in person but Pedan has been underwhelming in all games I've caught. I rate Subban higher and think he's got an NHL future.

Archived