The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] DAL signs Alex Radulov

19 minutes ago, Kaner said:

Meh, until Calgary gets a massive upgrade in goal, I don't think they're are as strong as people are making them out to be. 

Philly made it to the Finals with Michael Leighton.

The lineup the Flames have is, at the very least, a playoff threat. All a fanbase can hope for.

28 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

Big loss for MTL... but Drouin should be able to step it up... right?

it maybe a temp loss but theres no point getting robbed at gun point by a free agent.  he just resigned Price which is probably a healthy reminder to watch your dollars.

i like the non signing of radulov.  montreal can see what options are available via trade either yhis summer or mid season.  this will make sure they are not taken advantage of and better secures long term success.

get the type of guy you want at the cap hit and term you desire!  gj by mtl managment 

11 minutes ago, ice orca said:

So much for people saying Dallas was up against the cap and had to move a goalie.

Nill has done a masterful job putting that team together.   They've had mostly middle of the pack draft picks (lucked out with the lotto this year) and still managed to secure guys like Benn, Seguin, Klingberg, Methot, etc.  Their prospect pool isn't too shaby either. 

With the addition of Raduluv, they should be a playoff team (although I don't like the term for R).

45 minutes ago, Adarsh Sant said:

Canucks odds at coming last getting better and better. I love it.

5 million over 4 or 5 years would of been reasonable. but 6 over 5 is just too much.  Loui Eriksson's contract is going to look a lot better in a season or two.

hopefully for dallas' sake Radulov doesn't rest on his laurels now he has the term and money.

3 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

Nill has done a masterful job putting that team together.   They've had mostly middle of the pack draft picks (lucked out with the lotto this year) and still managed to secure guys like Benn, Seguin, Klingberg, Methot, etc.  Their prospect pool isn't too shaby either. 

With the addition of Raduluv, they should be a playoff team (although I don't like the term for R).

They are without a doubt much better then the last few seasons.  it will be interesting to see them in peak form.  

Their defense still looks a little spotty too me but the additions of Methot and Bishop might be enough to keep them on the rails.

Bishops experience without a doubt is their biggest addition.  As long as this radulov doesn't have any strings attached ie no movement or trade clause this could be a good dallas team for years to come.

Just now, Jaku said:

So - Benn - Seguin - Radulov is the top line. Not bad.

do we know Sharp's offensive numbers by hand?  Does radulov exceed the lost offense of Sharp?  

what they need to do is bolster their d with 1 more legit top 4 d and bring back Valeri Nishchukin.  Aside from stopping pucks from trickling in with the elite goalie and top 4 d man they added they honestly don't see much better.

maybe if radulov can become a star and their kids on d step up they can be a legitmate threat.  I think this Dallas team as we see it will be streaky at best going on long win and loss streaks. followed by a burnout and break down in the post season if they don't add more d experience.  Methot is a solid d top 4 I'm sure you can argue.  He isn't a top pairing guy without Karlsson.

1 minute ago, Rush17 said:

do we know Sharp's offensive numbers by hand?  Does radulov exceed the lost offense of Sharp?  

what they need to do is bolster their d with 1 more legit top 4 d and bring back Valeri Nishchukin.  Aside from stopping pucks from trickling in with the elite goalie and top 4 d man they added they honestly don't see much better.

maybe if radulov can become a star and their kids on d step up they can be a legitmate threat.  I think this Dallas team as we see it will be streaky at best going on long win and loss streaks. followed by a burnout and break down in the post season if they don't add more d experience.  Methot is a solid d top 4 I'm sure you can argue.  He isn't a top pairing guy without Karlsson.

People are forgetting about the Hitchcock factor. He'll have them playing airtight hockey to go along with that offense.

Just now, Great Granny said:

People are forgetting about the Hitchcock factor. He'll have them playing airtight hockey to go along with that offense.

That certainly will help. But you need the troops to be able to execute that defensive plan. Im curious how Radulov will adjust to that style of play.  

If hitch does his normal hitch things. This dallas d is minor league level compared to the star power of the blues.  He had Shattenkirk, Petro, bouwmiester, and their other experienced d.  

if they can buy into defense first but how will that affect their offense which is use to a run and gun style.  very interesting times ahead for texas.

Archived