The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] DAL signs Alex Radulov

1 hour ago, Aircool said:

What? You have to explain this post... This makes little to no sense. "Commitment issues?" It's been well documented that many believe Radulov has matured since his previous stint in the NHL, we haven't heard anything to the contrary about him this past season. How is this "Shades of Eriksson?"

If this isn't a completely nonsense post, it definitely requires some explanation/justification to make sense. Not like anyone could understand your meaning from reading it. 

OK junior, a 6 year contract for a 30 year old player who has already left the NHL for his home country is too long a contract.  I really don't care if you agree or understand it, it wasn't that hard to figure out.  As for your comment, "...It's been well documented that many believe.."  WTF is that?  That amounts to jack squat.  That's basically...

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, Raymond Luxury Yacht said:

OK junior, a 6 year contract for a 30 year old player who has already left the NHL for his home country is too long a contract.  I really don't care if you agree or understand it, it wasn't that hard to figure out.  As for your comment, "...It's been well documented that many believe.."  WTF is that?  That amounts to jack squat.  That's basically...

giphy.gif

Evidently those beliefs were so important and intriguing that they were written down!

20 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Just imagine their first powerplay unit:

Benn - Seguin - Radulov
Spezza - Klingberg

:o

Their powerplay was never the problem, goaltending a D were.

We'll see if Methot and Bishop are the difference makers

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

Still dont think they match up against Chicago, Nashville, and Anaheim.

Too much for a player that will probably mail it in after the first year.

Chicago:

Top six - Toews/Kane/Saad/Anisimov/Sharp + vs Sequin/Benn/Spezza/Radulov/Rtichie? + I like Chi better, for scoring Dallas, but Chicago's top six brings it on both ends of the rink. Winner CHI

Bottom six - Chi has lost all their bottom six depth last couple of years, Dallas has one of the best bottom six in West now. Hanzal 3rd line center, Faksa their 4th. Winner DAL

Defense - Chicago has lost even more depth on the back end with TVR and Hjarmalsson gone, hard for Keith + Seabrook to play 30+min a night. Methot will help Dallas in their own end, their D is still young and easy to play against in their own zone though. Tie

Goalies - Both Bishop and Crawford (Bishop more so) had down years this past year. Hard to say if either team has an edge in net. Tie

I think Dallas will finish roughly around where Chicago does in the regular season, playoffs are a whole other matter though.

Nashville:

Top six - They lost Neal and likely Fisher and have added Bonino, definitely like Dallas' top six better. Winner DAL

Bottom six - Nsh has a good bottom six, but their center depth is in question now with Bonino being their #2 and (most likely) losing Fisher. Winner DAL

Defense - WINNER NSH (was there ever any doubt? lol) Best D core in league

Goalies - Depends, Rinne one year is hot, next year he looks like he's on his way out of league...Saros looks good though, much better backup then Lehtonen. Winner NSH

I like NSH a bit better then DAL, Dallas may have a better forward group, but Nsh's D-core is lightyears ahead of theirs plus I like the tandem of Rinne/Saros better. Both goalies, Bishop and Rinne have had history with injuries, Saros >>> Lehetonen for me.

Anaheim:

Top six - Anaheim has a great top six, but they are getting to be a bit long in the tooth, they are better in their own end of the rink though. Tie

Bottom six - DAL has a great bottom six, but I think ANA has one of the best, if not the best bottom six in the West. Winner ANA

Defense - Losing Theodore for most teams would sting, a ton. Sucks Ana lost him, but next to NSH and maybe CGY, they got the best D-core in the West. Winner ANA

Goalies - Outside of that HORRIBLE start Gibson had to last season, he's been very good so far in Anaheim, adding Miller gave them a big boost as well, can take some of the load off their young, injury prone goalie. Winner ANA

Welp...$&!#, that was a load of text for me to basically agree with you lol

Still think they'll finish roughly around where Chi does, but I agree, Nsh and Ana should be better then them. Chi is basically fielding half an NHL All-Star squad and half an AHL/ECHL squad at this point.

2 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

$6+ million for less than 50 points....ffs can we say lockout??

if granlund commands 6 million next year im going to cry lol.  Granlund should be around that goal/point total.

we got gagner with similar numbers for 3.15 million.

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

$6+ million for less than 50 points....ffs can we say lockout??

Thorton got $8mil for freaking 50 points.

Marleau got over $6mil a year for three years for same kind of production and he's freaking turning 38!

Kuznetsov gets nearly $8mil a year for 8 years for scoring an average of 63-ish points over last two seasons and his off season was his most recent!

Price was smart, got $70 million of his contract in bonuses, which is guaranteed to him. I smell a lockout coming.

3 hours ago, Raymond Luxury Yacht said:

Too much term for a 30 year old with commitment issues.  Not sure this signing helps them past 2018-19....and then they have to re-sign Seguin.  Shades of Eriksson.

Agreed. He might pay off..but wouldn't want to gamble a half-decade on this guy. Pretty much sabotaged a Nashville PO, few yrs back, if not mistaken.

good deal for a guy that lights it up and I said we should get him before MTL did and people laughed at me, well he is one of the best and got a contract he deserves.

He is not to old for this contract after then maybe but players now are in better shape then they were ten years ago

4 hours ago, S'all Good Man said:

Arizona already got a big head start on us already on that front. There's no way any team will be crappier than they will be this season. 

Uh... Colorado? So far, they haven't really done anything to improve their team. I think they are flat out tanking for #1 overall next season.

24 minutes ago, cripplereh said:

good deal for a guy that lights it up and I said we should get him before MTL did and people laughed at me, well he is one of the best and got a contract he deserves.

He is not to old for this contract after then maybe but players now are in better shape then they were ten years ago

Uhhh one of the best what?  

3 minutes ago, cripplereh said:

goal scorers, and playing with the puck

In the league, currently?  Not sure I'd put him top 10 myself.  Don'\t get me wrong decent size decent hands but loads to be desired from someone with his gifts and gives up on the play far to often

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

Their powerplay was never the problem, goaltending a D were.

We'll see if Methot and Bishop are the difference makers

Bishop overrated and Klingerg isn't Methots Karlsson. 

23 minutes ago, HI5 said:

Bishop overrated and Klingerg isn't Methots Karlsson. 

Bishop is a good goalie no doubt.  he had a pretty stacked d in tampa though.

i think he will add some stability but without another top 4 ideally top 3 d i think they will be streaky.  

seguin

spezza

hanzal 

would be a very good top 3 centers.  but it all comes down to Hitchcock and the youth of dallas pushing if they don't acquire that top 3-4 D.

tvasports.com is reporting Habs told Radulov's agent they would match 5 yrs after Habs found out he would accept Dallas offer because didn't want to go back on his word.

So much for Bergevin saying yesterday their final offer was on the table and there would be no more negotiating. What a clown.

https://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&prev=search&rurl=translate.google.ca&sl=fr&sp=nmt4&u=http://www.tvasports.ca/2017/07/03/alexander-radulov-la-meme-offre-du-ch-et-des-stars&usg=ALkJrhiulyxomgRIsy3_ZwmQmuCDljYFlg

"When the Canadian was informed that I had accepted this offer, they proposed to my agent to match it. However, I had already given my word to the Stars. I was not going to go back, "he said.

5 hours ago, Raymond Luxury Yacht said:

Oh ok. So your opinion was that surface level. I thought you maybe had something more nuanced than that. Oh well, we'll just have to disagree on it then. First line winger at Age 30 isn't going to get anything less than a 5 year deal. My saying that it's been well documented was meant to highlight the fact that most NHL reporters/pundits have either spoken/written about the perception that Radulov has matured significantly since leaving the NHL the first time and having a child(ren). So I don't see the validity of your point about him leaving for the KHL. It's not like it even matters anyways. The concern is only the cap hit. It's not like they traded for him. Even if he did leave for the KHL it's not like Dallas is stuck with the contract, and they wouldn't be out any assets.

So we can disagree on that if we have to. I don't see how you can think you are right though. No downside for Dallas, unless he declines, but that is PURELY a hockey discussion and nothing to do with his character. Unless you can cite me any evidence worthy of mention that he's a lazy player in practice/workout room. No more risk than any other 30 year old being signed to a 5 year deal.

Archived