The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Consensus Propsect Rankings - #14

Brad Marchand

CDC Consensus Prospect Rankings - #14  

155 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

57 minutes ago, canucklehead44 said:

Still like Palmu. Gritty little guy who can score. Reminds me a bit of Zuccarello in New York. Excited to watch this guy move up our system! 

Yep.  I'm going with the mighty midget again too.  There's too much to like about Palmu to let a little thing like size get in the way.  GCG!

Went with McEneny. He logged his 1st NHL game last season and didn't look out of place. So good defensively, creates opportunities offensively, can QB a PP, kill penalties. All he did with Utica. DiPietro is a great choice and I can see why people would vote him but as of now, McEneny would be my pick

14 hours ago, canuckmen84 said:

Was Gadjovich drafted in the top ten?

Has Gadjovich proven anything Virtanen hasn't?

Reality check, Virtanen is and will be better and most people think so hense him being ranked higher as a prospect by CDC . 

So yes at this point it is unrealistic to have Radj ahead of Virt.

you know so well must have a fine crystal ball

let's review this all in a year or two

you are a tad too optiomistic about young prospects

i try to build in a failure rate of at least 50%

who do you think has shown more failure potential of the 2 so far ?

and guess what, i'd be delighted to be wrong about virt

13 hours ago, Glory_Days said:

Will be better in the future? That's some crystal ball you got there, would you mind giving me the lotto numbers for next week?

Oviously we don't know how any prospect will turn out but have you seen Gadjovich play enough to say he should ranked ahead of Virt? I see the present and that is Virt is better, and this is about ranking prospects today.

3: Using "Most people think so" is usually a sign that you don't have a very valid argument if you have to fall back on that, only slightly above "My dad can beat up your dad".

"Most people think so" is a fact not a lack of other facts that makes Virtanen a better prospect. 

Virt has proven that he can have a much worse draft year +1 then Gadjovich had during his draft year. He also proved he can have a lackluster start to his pro career, he has that over Gadjovich as well.

Virtanen has improved every year, there is good reason for his lackluster start to his carreer....he was rushed too early into the bigs, every prospect develops at their own pase. If you wish to see only negative things in Virt that's fine but i can't wait for him to prove you wrong!

At this very moment in time, yes, Virtanen is probably a better player then Gadjovich, being older and have pro games under his belt

Yes, yes he is...hense why Virtanen is a better prospect and ranked ahead of Gadjovich.   Good talkB)

1 hour ago, coastal.view said:

you know so well must have a fine crystal ball

let's review this all in a year or two

you are a tad too optiomistic about young prospects

i try to build in a failure rate of at least 50%

who do you think has shown more failure potential of the 2 so far ?

and guess what, i'd be delighted to be wrong about virt

You're right, i may be too optiomistic and Virt and Gadj may both not become impact players. Failure potential is somthing that is hard to gauge, Virtanen had and still has imo more potential.

I just think the 2 players are too far off from each other to consider Gadjovich ahead of Virtanen.

15 hours ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Would Virtanen have been drafted in the top ten had the other GMs known how his career would go thus far?

Too early to judge Virt still he is only 20. Fact is Virtanen was drafted top 10 with elite potential.

15 hours ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

He's proven he can be more than a point a game player in the CHL, so yes.

Virtanen was a point per game plus in his last 2 years in the whl, nice try though. If points really matter then why wasn't Palmu drafted before Gadjovich (rhetorical question)

16 hours ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Reality check. Virtanen has completely underperformed thus far as a Canuck.

I never said Virtanen hasn't underperformed, the main point i was making which has gone over your head is that Virtanen is a better player and prospect today. If you disagree that's your prerogative.

MacEwen and Chatfield are my 14/15 ...I would probably have rated them higher really ....the kids drafted this year have to prove themselves at least another year before moving past those 2 guys.

I think both will be NHL'rs within a couple of years, maybe 3 for Chatfield.

I do expect Gadjovich to move up the prospects ladder by next year...maybe Palmu....oh and D'Pietro as well.

Just now, canuckmen84 said:

You were saying Gadjovich was more than a point per game and Virt wasn't ...which is false. <_<

Gadjovich points in his draft year: 46 goals- 28 assists for 74 points in 60 games.

Virtanen points in his draft year: 45 goals- 26 assists for 71 points in 71 games.

Virtanen points in his draft +1 year: 21 goals- 31 assists for 52 points in 50 games.

What about this are you not getting?

4 hours ago, canuckmen84 said:

Yes, yes he is...hense why Virtanen is a better prospect and ranked ahead of Gadjovich.   Good talkB)

First, it's really bugging me. "Hence".

Second, he's a better player right now, that doesn't mean he's a better prospect. Joel Erikkson Ek is a better player then Elias Pettersson right now as well, doesn't mean he's the better prospect. One does not equate the other unless they are roughly the same age and have played in similar leagues. Virtanen is over 2 years older and has played in pro leagues. If he wasn't the better player at this respective points in their careers then the wheels really have come off the train.

16 minutes ago, Glory_Days said:

First, it's really bugging me. "Hence".

Second, he's a better player right now, that doesn't mean he's a better prospect. Joel Erikkson Ek is a better player then Elias Pettersson right now as well, doesn't mean he's the better prospect. One does not equate the other unless they are roughly the same age and have played in similar leagues. Virtanen is over 2 years older and has played in pro leagues. If he wasn't the better player at this respective points in their careers then the wheels really have come off the train.

And what are you seeing or suggesting makes Gadj a better "prospect"?

Virtanen is still the better prospect rite now regardless of age.

You're in tough with 48MPH trying to convince everyone or at least me  that Gadjovich is a better prospect than Virtanen. What makes him better, a slightly higher point total than Virtanen in junior ?? I don't think so otherwise Palmu would of been drafted higher small or not. Age? Virtanen is only 2 years older.  Have you even seen Gadj play or are you just looking at stats and passing judgement? So i ask you, what makes Gadj a better prospect IYO ? And i'm not looking for a list of how Virtanen has under performed because Gadj could very well never even make the Comets for all we know.

Archived