The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What are your most prized possessions?

Cramarossa

Thats easy

May 1987 Vanna White Playboy Edition

I gave the oldest looking kid in highschool (he was actually about 22 at the time) 20 bucks to go into Pat's News in Prince George BC to buy it for me, he got to keep the change.

my cat, if he counts as a possession

my degrees

a couple of good books/gifts

would be bummed if i lost my computers (desktop/laptop) because I waste too much time on these things. but they could easily be replaced, so i dunno how prized they are

2 hours ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

My secret pictures of you

Oh you ;)

1 hour ago, -AJ- said:

Aside from that, most of the things I value in life are immaterial. 

I daresay your faith might be a prized possession? It seems like you find it very special and meaningful to you. Anyways, it's something I admire about you at the very least. :)

1 hour ago, Rick Blight said:

My 1989 bottle of Balblair single malt Scotch that my late father and I agreed would only be opened to celebrate the Canucks' 1st Stanley Cup victory.

I will have to invest in a good bottle for this very reason!

This is very insightful. Thanks everyone for commenting!

2 minutes ago, Cramarossa said:

I daresay you faith might be a prized possession? It seems like you find it very special and meaningful to you. Anyways, it's something I admire about you at the very least. :)

Yes, absolutely. When I was mentioned "relationships", I was thinking of my human-to-human ones, but also of my relationship with the Creator.

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

My Gibson SG and my Marshall JCM 900 half-stack.

I am not super materialistic and so my most valued possessions are my ability to have such a strong supportive family, a bunch of very true and trusted friends and my health that is often at odds with the punishment I have taken over the years.   Possessing each is of more value to me than anything else.

However, and why I replied to your post, I will say my PRS Mark Tremonti (best player currently alive - period) signed electric and my Larrivee custom made are nice worldly pleasures.   

1 hour ago, nux_win said:

I'm not really into material things.  I suppose that knowledge (what little I know) is my most prized possession.  And the cool thing about that is you can give it away and still keep it for yourself.  I could say my dog but that's not really a possession, more like a friend.  I built that sled in the picture and I could say I like that as a possession but for me it's the experience of sledding that is more important than the sled.  Likewise my guitar; I like my guitar but it is the music that is important to me, not the guitar itself.  I collect experiences not things.  GCG!

Is that Marsh Lake in the picture?

5 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

I am not super materialistic and so my most valued possessions are my ability to have such a strong supportive family, a bunch of very true and trusted friends and my health that is often at odds with the punishment I have taken over the years.   Possessing each is of more value to me than anything else.

However, and why I replied to your post, I will say my PRS Mark Tremonti (best player currently alive - period) signed electric and my Larrivee custom made are nice worldly pleasures.   

Show us your Larrivee! 

Just now, 189lb enforcers? said:

Show us your Larrivee! 

Here is the approximate model - but mine is unique both in terms of the inlays but also a few tweaks to neck specs and depth.   Makes me sound quite a bit better than I am.   

https://www.larrivee.com/products/c-10-custom

PRS equivalent is this one....hooked up to EVH stack with just a hint of delay, can crank out pretty much anything from Trivium to AlterBridge and a bunch in between:

tremonti_straight1.png

59 minutes ago, GLASSJAW said:

my cat, if he counts as a possession

my degrees

a couple of good books/gifts

would be bummed if i lost my computers (desktop/laptop) because I waste too much time on these things. but they could easily be replaced, so i dunno how prized they are

Dogs have owners, cats have staff......sorry to break it to you.

My signed Probert Chicago away sweater 

Taylor 410 ce to name one

seal and wolf gloves custom made by an old Inuit woman for me

my wedding ring ( a replacement given to me by my 3 kids and wife years after losing mine while holding my kid in the Wapati river )

ZZtop dinky car

My late brother's custom Jackson Flying V bass 

I have lots of toys. I think my hot 69 SS Camaro was my fav. Now maybe my Blackbird bike. 

6 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Here is the approximate model - but mine is unique both in terms of the inlays but also a few tweaks to neck specs and depth.   Makes me sound quite a bit better than I am.   

PRS equivalent is this one....hooked up to EVH stack with just a hint of delay, can crank out pretty much anything from Trivium to AlterBridge and a bunch in between:

tremonti_straight1.png

Pretty

Im leaning towards a nice PRS next. I'm not a great player, I just love them. I try, just not very hard. 

I have 7 guitars and 3 amps. A bunch of crap like recording stuff that I never use. 

I like Knophler, Buckingham and Gilmour most, but am also a metal head at heart. 

4 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

My signed Probert Chicago away sweater 

Taylor 410 ce to name one

seal and wolf gloves custom made by an old Inuit woman for me

my wedding ring ( a replacement given to me by my 3 kids and wife years after losing mine while holding my kid in the Wapati river )

ZZtop dinky car

My late brother's custom Jackson Flying V bass 

I have lots of toys. I think my hot 69 SS Camaro was my fav. Now maybe my Blackbird bike. 

I like Taylors but they tend to make a cut to put in the electronics - I am 100% against cutting into an acoustic guitar.   Just something I can almost "hear" when I play.   Silly I know.

2 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Pretty

Im leaning towards a nice PRS next. I'm not a great player, I just love them. I try, just not very hard. 

I have 7 guitars and 3 amps. A bunch of crap like recording stuff that I never use. 

I like Knophler, Buckingham and Gilmour most, but am also a metal head at heart. 

PRS guitars have brilliant consistency, can get action that is soooo nice (depends on strings you  choose but as I do a lot of drop and alternate tuning, I need a guitar that can avoid fuzz when strings get loose) and they can take a beating.   Metal is great as it challenges you like no other genre but I don't mind MK, LB or DG either....particularly if drinking around a fire and someone talks me into playing/signing.   Love the solo for "Brothers in Arms" - not hard to play but haunting - nothing like playing and making your own hair stand up on your arms and neck.   If you want to really challenge yourself, Blackbird by Alterbridge - I have tried that solo literally 100 times and can never get it quite right.   The guy is a freak of nature.

54 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

tremonti_straight1.png

Nice, this is my preferred axe

VS_Splash.jpg

Archived