The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The mark of a New Canucks Era

NuckNation_

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

Well my understanding is that they don't play together a lot, despite being teammates.  

Their chemistry at the summer camp was pretty apparent though, and management hasn't made it a secret that they envision them playing together in the future.

10 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Their chemistry at the summer camp was pretty apparent though, and management hasn't made it a secret that they envision them playing together in the future.

I don't disagree, just my two cents on the "hope they are able to play apart" portion of your post.  

3 hours ago, NuckNation_ said:

Petersson: The mark of a New Canucks Era

Mixed reactions when the Canucks selected Elias Petersson 5th overall at the 2017 NHL Entry Draft in Chicago. Many were predicting Vancouver to select Portland Winterhawk Cody Glass, however, Petersson was not an off the board pick. Petersson always ranked in the top 10 and even within the top 5 on some rankings. I was a bit shocked when GM Jim Benning selected the Swedish centre as it seemed Glass was the obvious choice. As the days go by since the draft day, the more and more I love this pick. Petersson is playing in Sweden’s tier 2 league against fully grown men; compared to Glass who was playing in the WHL (players his own age/size).

While watching Petersson’s highlights, you instantly see a player oozing with talent; unreal hands, great speed, and an eye for offense. Putting up 19 goals and 22 assists against competition bigger than himself, this pick definitely fills an organizational need for Vancouver as they were one of the lowest scoring teams in the league this past season. Petersson is a special prospect for the Canucks. Drafting a player that has the tools and potential to be a first line center is putting together a succession plan once the Sedin’s decide to retire. 

Vancouver continuing its Swedish legacy, many believe the selection of Petersson also came with the bonus of him playing with fellow Canucks prospect Jonathan Dahlen, who was acquired from Ottawa in exchange for veteran winger, Alex Burrows. Petersson and Dahlen both play on Timra tier 2 Swedish league and also at the World Juniors representing Sweden. The two seem to find each other well and have good chemistry, almost like another pair of Swedes in Vancouver. For Petersson to be successful at the NHL level he will have to add muscle to his 6’2 frame as he currently weighs 165lbs. That being said it is impressive that he is able to compete at that size against full grown men. A Petersson-Horvat 1-2 punch down the middle will be lethal for Vancouver in years to come. 

First ever post, use of a well-known name but with a text character added for differentiation, a collection of material from other threads that have created lots of dissenting views.....

Carry on, this is going to end well.  Carry on.

I don't like the idea of drafting or trading for players you think might have good chemistry together. That never seems to work out in the long run.

Just get talented players and let chemistry develop organically. You never know who'll end up having great chemistry and quite often it's not who you think.

7 hours ago, TheGuardian_ said:

I managed but there was something trying to eat all the memory and stop the graphics card. Still happens, goes to page, works for 1 second and then freeze. click on page and 20 seconds later the page re boots, click 3 or 4 times and every thing freezes for a couple of minutes. No trouble posting in other threads though.

Maybe it's a sign?

Archived