The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Puck 2017/18

46 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

Trade.jpg.1ccd9e46df156ac4a35a4673c038c9a4.jpg

small.png  To VAN: Michael McCarron, Brendan Lemeuix,

small.png  To ARZ: 2018 CBJ 3rd, 2019 VAN 5th, Justin Pogge

Big thanks to @thejazz97 for very smooth negotiations. As I am sure 30 other Gm's have done I had to inquire about the new phenom Jesper Bratt taking over the nhl! As that was a big no go we figured we would help out AZ and take some contracts to allow him to sign Bratt. Very happy to add the guys who we did. Both on the verge on being NHL players. We look forward to following there development and hope to have them on our roster very soon! Thanks to @Master Mind for being quick in processing. 

21 hours ago, Master Mind said:

Trade.jpg.1ccd9e46df156ac4a35a4673c038c9a4.jpg

small.png  To CGY: 2018 TBL 3rd, Bobby Farnham, Jacob Doty

small.png  To LAK: Jay Bouwmeester (50% retained this year)

Thanks to @maroe for quick negotiations and @Master Mind for processing. It's an incredible honor to be able to acquire a player like Jay. A great leader and solid defenceman. We are excited to welcome him to the squad and hope he provides the depth we desperately need. This also helps solve our contracts limit issues so we're glad maroe is able to help us out. We're hoping this will help provide a spark to the team and work our way out of the division basement

So what is it, 6 days into the season?  A solid start! Feeling fortunate to be on top of standings at the moment. Don't know if we can maintain our 4.72 points per game average?

Depth is king. We have 24 players who have contributed to the scoresheet so far. And 53 man games played by our players, 50 of which we managed to get into our roster on given game nights.  But ask @somethingvery about depth? I think he has had 71 or 72 players man games played & a remarkable 60 he's managed to get onto his roster on game nights so far. We were thrilled to have 24 guys play in a week?  If I counted right, he has had 31.  Well done SV!

Proving @Master Mind's very punk predictions a bit wrong so far...  ^_^                                          :towel:

Good start and jump in standings by @Salter

Cheers

@Bombastik der Teutone, what happened to the CDCElite league champ I used to know and love?

22 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

So what is it, 6 days into the season?  A solid start! Feeling fortunate to be on top of standings at the moment. Don't know if we can maintain our 4.72 points per game average?

Depth is king. We have 24 players who have contributed to the scoresheet so far. And 53 man games played by our players, 50 of which we managed to get into our roster on given game nights.  But ask @somethingvery about depth? I think he has had 71 or 72 players man games played & a remarkable 60 he's managed to get onto his roster on game nights so far. We were thrilled to have 24 guys play in a week?  If I counted right, he has had 31.  Well done SV!

Proving @Master Mind's very punk predictions a bit wrong so far...  ^_^                                          :towel:

Cheers

@Bombastik der Teutone, what happened to the CDCElite league champ I used to know and love?

2017 is not my Year at all :(

and some guys havin´ a off start and SCRATCHES !!!!!  bothers me <_<

5 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Cheers

I had Boston at the top of your division CS, and potential for leading the conference/league, for the very reason you listed.

Early on there will be a bit of 'tortoise and the hare' action that will effect the standings (Ovechkin is proving he's not washed up with a 7 goal in 2 game start...but obviously that pace isn't sustainable). The name of the game is consistency and depth in all positions (particularly when injuries start to creep in). Chicago is exposed to a goaltending injury, and we've chosen to risk not wasting that spot on a back up goaltender in order to give an additional reserve spot open for a higher points-generating skater.  Every year this and other leagues intrigue me, that there are many approaches to succeed and it's fun to watch the diversity. 

Congratulations to all those actively participating in our league; it's off to a great start and largely due to your thoughtful efforts paying off!

6 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Cheers

Hold on there, those weren't just my predictions, they were the consensus of the commish team. So if there's going to be any 'I told you so' moments, be sure to rub it in to the others' faces too ;)

8 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

Hold on there, those weren't just my predictions, they were the consensus of the commish team. So if there's going to be any 'I told you so' moments, be sure to rub it in to the others' faces too ;)

I thought it was Bob Mackenzie? :ph34r:

It was a fun exercise and it will be great to go back and see how right and wrong we were!

Very early Florida update

Great - Nikita Zaitsev with over 10 fantasy points per game in 3 games. I'll take that.

Good - Oshie and Backstrom. Doing what they do.

Meh - Several young guys including Kempe, Perlini, Kero, Lindell. All need to do better.

Bad - Hertl. Wake up!

Wtf - 0 points from my goaltending. WTF!

3 hours ago, Master Mind said:

6 days in, let's crack open the pink champagne and plan the parade eh? :lol:

Overall, Columbus is happy with our start. Especially Sergei Bobrovsky, Nazem Kadri, Eric Staal, Victor Arvidsson, and Cody McLeod.

However, last season Mike Hoffman scored 4.47 Fpts/game, Jeff Petry 3.97, Andrew Shaw 3.68, and Antoine Roussel 3.65. So far the four have combined for ZERO Fpts. Now, it's super early in the season, and all 4 players are in their prime, so this is likely just a statistical blip for each of them. That said, I'm widely known for my impatience, and am willing to listen to offers for any of them.

2 minutes ago, D-Money said:

Overall, Columbus is happy with our start. Especially Sergei Bobrovsky, Nazem Kadri, Eric Staal, Victor Arvidsson, and Cody McLeod.

However, last season Mike Hoffman scored 4.47 Fpts/game, Jeff Petry 3.97, Andrew Shaw 3.68, and Antoine Roussel 3.65. So far the four have combined for ZERO Fpts. Now, it's super early in the season, and all 4 players are in their prime, so this is likely just a statistical blip for each of them. That said, I'm widely known for my impatience, and am willing to listen to offers for any of them.

Overall , Montreal is not happy at all ,  it cant be worse though ... i hope

lets pray for better times soon -........lol

2 minutes ago, Bombastik der Teutone said:

Overall , Montreal is not happy at all ,  it cant be worse though ... i hope

lets pray for better times soon -........lol

At first I thought this was a grammatical error...

...then I checked the standings.

14 minutes ago, D-Money said:

At first I thought this was a grammatical error...

...then I checked the standings.

i have also some off guys so far ...okposo , demers , o´reilly  , no goalie points so far ...and that my half defence was scratched in the first games brutaly hurts

i allready try to improve but this wil ltake some time   ... some guys have to show up soon though ...anyways it will be tough to gain ground to the other teams 

Archived