The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Puck 2017/18

Congrats to @inane for overtaking us in the division.  Hopefully it is a good battle all year? He was a full 100n points behind after a few games.

We aspire to get to his championship level.  

Also congrats to Evander Kane. Rewarding us for re-signing him with a beast like 5 goals & 5 assists in 6 games.

Image result for carrie underwood predators

Carrie Underwood sat down with Nashville Predators forward Sidney Crosby earlier this morning...

Carrie: Thomas Vanek got his 700th point last night... what do you think that does for your team?

Sidney: Well... to do it in the fashion he did... slapper on a breakaway is just something else. Probably the most impressive 700th point in NHL history. I wet myself a little tbh. 

Carrie: What are your thoughts on the early success of Jared McCann?

Sidney: Well... he learned from better men than I did in my first year. So he should be having more success. I wish I got to play a year with the Sedins. Perhaps I would be better for it. Man those Swedish Twins are good looking. 

Carrie: Luca "The Franchise" Sbisa currently leads Nashville in FPts and FP/G by a wide margin. Thoughts? 

Sidney: This doesn't surprise me or any of our teammates. He was clearly our #1 D-Man going forward after Edler was injured. You know, don't get me wrong, we've got other good defense man as well, but Luca is something else. Could be the best d-man I've played with in my entire career. If you haven't noticed, aside from leading our D in FPts... Luca has more assist than all our other d-man combined. 

Carrie: The absence of Alex Edler; how does it affect the team?

Sidney: Listen Carrie... *bursts into tears* ... five minutes later 

12 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Congrats to @inane for overtaking us in the division.  Hopefully it is a good battle all year? He was a full 100n points behind after a few games.

We aspire to get to his championship level.  

Also congrats to Evander Kane. Rewarding us for re-signing him with a beast like 5 goals & 5 assists in 6 games.

Cheers @Canuck Surfer A few big nights from Backstrom/Oshie and my goalies finally getting points and I'm back in the thick of it. But I expect a good battle all year.

That being said, we continue to look to move one of Gudbranson, Scandella or Zadorov for another forward.

I'm disappointed in all of you.

Can't believe no one picked up perennial referee body checker, one time ALL-STAR defensemen, and suspension reducing champion, Dennis Wideman.

Now none of you can have him. I'm asking for the farm, if you inquire...

3 hours ago, Art Vandelay said:

Can't believe no one picked up perennial referee body checker, one time ALL-STAR defensemen, and suspension reducing champion, Dennis Wideman.

The guy had a clean sheet before “The Incident.” Now? Doubtful he ever sees professional hockey in North America ever again.

We’ve all made split second decisions we immediately regret. When you think of them, it’s amazing how things didn’t end up worse then they did. 

While I’m certainly not shedding a tear for the guy, I can sympathize with his situation. Split second decision that essentially ended his hockey career.

4 minutes ago, Monty said:

The guy had a clean sheet before “The Incident.” Now? Doubtful he ever sees professional hockey in North America ever again.

We’ve all made split second decisions we immediately regret. When you think of them, it’s amazing how things didn’t end up worse then they did. 

While I’m certainly not shedding a tear for the guy, I can sympathize with his situation. Split second decision that essentially ended his hockey career.

Doesn't help that he was concussed seconds before the incident.

I signed him thinking he was still good for 20-30 points on a team that wasn't so deep at Defence like Calgary.   

I honestly didn't think that he would be blacklisted. He had 56 points in 2014-15 season. No way he should be out of the NHL.

Just now, Art Vandelay said:

Doesn't help that he was concussed seconds before the incident.

I signed him thinking he was still good for 20-30 points on a team that wasn't so deep at Defence like Calgary.   

I honestly didn't think that he would be blacklisted. He had 56 points in 2014-15 season. No way he should be out of the NHL.

I agree that with his skill set, he shouldn’t be out of the NHL.

However, no team wants a player referees will be targeting, paying special attention to, and never give the benefit of the doubt. 

That was also why I understood why he desperately needed to get his suspension reduced, which amounted to effectively $500k+ in salary. His agent likely informed him that his prospects going forward to receive another NHL contract were slim to none.

He made a mistake. But his even greater mistake was his text messages he sent to teammates afterwards, where he blamed the “stupid refs” for the situation. Hitting the ref? Mistake. Texts afterwards? Typical jock move.

1 hour ago, Master Mind said:

Trade.jpg.1ccd9e46df156ac4a35a4673c038c9a4.jpg

small.png  To OTT: Jiri Hudler, Joe Cannata, John Mitchell, T.J. Brennan

small.png  To SJS: Dennis Wideman

What new devilry is this?

7 minutes ago, Captain Azzy said:

What new devilry is this?

A block buster trade from 2012... An All star for a 3rd liner, 2 prospects and a top 6 forward.

Just trading a bad contract for multiple useless contracts. Helps us both. He can add useful players this year, and I don't have to deal with Wideman's contract next season. All the players I received are UFA's in 2018.

12 hours ago, Art Vandelay said:

8 hours ago, Master Mind said:

Trade.jpg.1ccd9e46df156ac4a35a4673c038c9a4.jpg

small.png  To OTT: Jiri Hudler, Joe Cannata, John Mitchell, T.J. Brennan

small.png  To SJS: Dennis Wideman

...That was one sh***y farm.

Archived