The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Puck 2017/18

5 minutes ago, thejazz97 said:

Knew that that was a bad idea giving Sikura. Got Bjork and a 1st out of it in the end though, so I’m okay with it.

You win some you lose some. 

I traded Keller and Parayko for Oshie recently... I profoundly regret that.

Minnesota Hopefuls

Owen Tippett - Riding pine in Florida. Best way to develop your top prospects? Bench em!

Lias Andersson - Just 2 goals in 7 SHL games, needs to step it up.

Jesse Puljujarvi - 2 assists and no goals so far. Quickly descending the Oilers depth chart. No he is not available for trade.

P.O. Joseph - 7 assists and +10 through 10 games. But more importantly still rocking the flat top.

Carl Grundstrom - 3 points in 6 games for Frolunda, but going to have to be better than .5 PPG if he wants a solid chance to make the team next year.

Robert Thomas (Bobby Tommy) - Over PPG but has clear faults in his game. Still years away.

Joren van Pottleberghe - Current starter for HC Davos boasting a .923 sv% and a 2.29 GAA through 7 games, the best numbers he's had since Juniors. Who knows if he will ever even play in the NHL. He's still only 20.

Ryan Poehling (NCAA) - 5GP, 2G, 6A

Mason Jobst (NCAA) - 6GP, 4G, 2A

Kasper Bjorkqvist (NCAA) - 5GP, 4G

Gavin Bayreuther (AHL) - 7GP, 1G, 4A

Cole Candella (OHL) - 13GP, 2G, 8S

Jimmy Schuldt (NCAA) - 5GP, 4G, 6A

Those are my prospects off to a good start. Some others are doing averagely, others have started slow. But it's a long season!

12 minutes ago, somethingvery said:

Trade.jpg.1ccd9e46df156ac4a35a4673c038c9a4.jpg.5f89f0d4451ff722829bf2051f686c19.jpg

To VAN: Kari Lehtonen, Iiro Pakarinen, Joakim Ryan, Charlie Lindgren

To NYR: Antti Raanta, Branden Troock

Thanks to SV for processing, and to @Tylez for the negotiations. Some tires were kicked on a possible deal weeks ago, but it worked out rather well the second time around.

Hopefully Raanta can get the Coyotes some wins, and that their youth makes them a playoff team by next season. Maybe having a timeshare with Mason will be best for both of them.

Best of luck to all the players going to Vancouver. I was impressed with Ryan's development, Lindgren and Pakarinen also have promising years ahead of them. Lehtonen is still serviceable.

Finally found a GM who wanted to improve their depth!

4 hours ago, somethingvery said:

Trade.jpg.1ccd9e46df156ac4a35a4673c038c9a4.jpg.5f89f0d4451ff722829bf2051f686c19.jpg

To VAN: Kari Lehtonen, Iiro Pakarinen, Joakim Ryan, Charlie Lindgren

To NYR: Antti Raanta, Branden Troock

Thanks to @Master Mind for smooth negotiations. And to @somethingvery for processing. As Master Mind pointed out talks really started a couple weeks ago. This wasn't so much a panic deal. It was more a we needed depth deal and we addressed that. Having had Kindgren come up in talks was something we wanted to make a move on. After the pre season he had he is an injury away from a back up spot. (Maybe even starter the way MTL is playing). Ryan was also another nice pick up as he is playing in the top D pairing as an injury fill in, in only his first season. Tremendous up side there. Iiro was a great add as well. We like what he can bring to the table. Also welcome to Kari who, for now will take over back up duties! Good luck to Antti, we hope he can get back on track.

Press conference to come tomorrow to address the Zach Parise rumours. Stay tuned. 

6 hours ago, maroe said:

With most of my prospects graduating this year, this is all I have left :P 

Cody Glass - 11GP, 6G, 13A

Shane Bowers - 6GP, 4G, 1A

Kole Lind - 12GP, 8G, 14A

Ivan Lodnia - 12GP, 9G, 4A

Nicolas Roy - 6GP, 1G, 2A

Those hosers are barely worth keeping. I mean, only 1.73 PPG for Glass and 1.83 PPG for Lind? Trade immediately. 

In other news, the Capitals are still looking for prospects....

Today, Vancouver Canucks forward Zach Parise underwent successful back surgery. The time table for his return is approx 2 months. We support his decision as he was not getting better, and we want him to be healthy. We will work with Zach to get him back on the ice in due time and lighting the lamp for us again here in Vancouver. Speedy recovery Zach! 

36 minutes ago, Art Vandelay said:

So can we hire AGM's of our choice? Like can I hire a RL friend?

This is why so many teams in CDCP don't have AGMs, FYI :ph34r:

Archived