The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Puck 2017/18

24 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

Trade.jpg.1ccd9e46df156ac4a35a4673c038c9a4.jpg

small.png  To CBJ: 2018 FLA 2nd + 2018 FLA 5th

small.png  To FLA: Cody McLeod + Trevor Moore + Zach Nastasiuk

The Blue Jackets would like to thank incumbent champ @inane for the smooth negotiations. We were talking about McLeod for a few days now, and once the Moore addition was included we managed to settle on a price that worked for both sides.

McLeod has been a strong producer, for a very reasonable cap hit. However, with a number of impending UFAs (McLeod, Roussel, Cole, Letestu, Oduya, Gryba), a number of forward prospects getting called up and making an impact, and limited picks left this year, we thought it would benefit the team long term to get some sort of return for at least one of them.

12 minutes ago, thejazz97 said:

Doesn’t even matter in the end, I guess:

@Master Mind if you want him for Future Considerations, that means each member of the commissioner team will have had him at some point :P 

Yeah, but...was he signed in CDCP before or after he signed with Vegas IRL?

Just now, D-Money said:

Ouch - that's a crappy cap hit to carry around.

Hope for your sake that he tries the NHL again next season.

Hm? He signed in the NHL IRL, and then retired - that’s a one-stop shop transaction to have him removed from my team. If he had been signed in Puck and never come over, then I’d be stuck with the contract.

At least, that’s my understanding of the rules.

10 minutes ago, thejazz97 said:

Hm? He signed in the NHL IRL, and then retired - that’s a one-stop shop transaction to have him removed from my team. If he had been signed in Puck and never come over, then I’d be stuck with the contract.

At least, that’s my understanding of the rules.

If the same rules apply here as they do in FL, then you carry the hit as you signed him before he signed IRL with a team. 

I’m fuzzy on the details, but my understanding is that is in place so guys don’t carry “zero risk” for signing up all the overseas players before they officially cross the pond.

He signed with SV before he came to the NHL, and SV carried his cap hit all last season I believe. Then he was traded to me at the Expansion Draft, played 3 NHL games, was waived, Jazz claimed him, now he's retired and can have his contract removed.

As has been said, if he had never played for Vegas, the contract couldn't be voided. Our CDCP 'Kovalchuk Rule' prevents just that.

1 minute ago, Captain Azzy said:

He signed with SV before he came to the NHL, and SV carried his cap hit all last season I believe. Then he was traded to me at the Expansion Draft, played 3 NHL games, was waived, Jazz claimed him, now he's retired and can have his contract removed.

As has been said, if he had never played for Vegas, the contract couldn't be voided. Our CDCP 'Kovalchuk Rule' prevents just that.

So it’s a little different than FL. Sounds good.

36 minutes ago, D-Money said:

Rumblings of a major move in Columbus.

Overheard in the equipment room: "I didn't know (*inaudible) was Czech for boomerang".

Penguins front office right now upon hearing that divisional rival Columbus has made another move to bolster their roster

Image result for penguins shaking head

Congrats on taking over 1st place in the Metro btw!

17 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

Trade.jpg.1ccd9e46df156ac4a35a4673c038c9a4.jpg

His 50th of the season...

small.png  To ARZ: Mark Letestu + Brendan Guhle + Jonathan Ang + 2018 FLA 2nd

small.png  To CBJ: Vladimir Sobotka (50% retained for 2 years) + Filip Ahl

Thanks to @thejazz97 for the smooth negotiations.

We love Sobotka. He's a super-steady producer, and a playoff warrior. The only reason we agreed to trade him last month (in the Kadri trade, which has worked out well so far), was that we weren't confident in the RL Blues making the playoffs. But the early season has shown us to be wrong about them - they are currently the top team in the West. So we turned our attention to getting him back.

Guhle - who jazz has been asking about for over a year now - was the main piece leaving here, and we're sad to see him go. He's going to be a beast in this league. But he probably won't be a playoff player for at least a couple years, so he was someone we were willing to move to get this done.

Archived