The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Fantasy League 2017-18 (Contact Nail if interested)

Nail

Kings are happy to add Coleman to the crew. He is a gritty bottom-6 player, that should be at least good for some PIMs. And Jersey are sneaky good so far. With the struggles in New York and Montreal, maybe they will surprise and snag a playoff spot.

@Nail - I believe Coleman is waivers exempt, so I will start him in the minors.

Pittsburgh is looking to move the following players:

• Jonathan Toews 
  • Mikkel Boedker
  • Antoine Vermette
  • Eric Fehr 
  • Jordin Tootoo 
  • Jason Garrison 
  • Johnny Oduya
  • Andrew Hammond

Looking for picks, prospects, and or younger players (do not have to be on a playoff team). If interested shoot me a PM and we will go from there. 

Edit: Willing to retain for 1 year on higher value contracts as well.

39 minutes ago, Tigs said:

Pittsburgh is looking to move the following players:

• Jonathan Toews 

Since he has a NMC, you should PM Monty and request his acceptable trade destinations. There's only 3, and in order to make it fair and transparent, they're completely random, and non-negotiable. Wouldn't want you to waste time negotiating a deal for him to find out it's a no-go.

If the 3 teams that come up don't work, you can request a new list in January.

7 minutes ago, D-Money said:

Since he has a NMC, you should PM Monty and request his acceptable trade destinations. There's only 3, and in order to make it fair and transparent, they're completely random, and non-negotiable. Wouldn't want you to waste time negotiating a deal for him to find out it's a no-go.

If the 3 teams that come up don't work, you can request a new list in January.

Thanks.

2 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

We have a trade to announce...

To LAK: Casey DeSmith + 2018 MTL 4th

To SJS: Brad Hunt + Jamie Phillips + Alex Lintuniemi + Colton Hargrove + Mackenzie Maceachern

Thanks to @Jaku for the smooth negotiations. And @Master Mind for processing it at lightning speed.

This trade came together fairly quickly, and should benefit both sides. Sharks needed a productive yet cheap depth defenseman, but didn't want to trade a high pick. Whereas I wanted more contract flexibility, and a 3rd stringer who is more likely to play some games this season. Sharks had lots of contract room, and Lintuniemi, Hargrove, and Maceachern are all expiring contracts at the end of this year.

Announcement:

@Mike Vanderhoek has stepped down from his postion as GM of the New Jersey Devils.

I'd like to take a moment to thank Mike for all he's done for our league, not only being a super active GM who's been here for awhile, but also helping out as an agent in previous seasons. Thanks Mike!

17 minutes ago, Nail said:

Announcement:

@Mike Vanderhoek has stepped down from his postion as GM of the New Jersey Devils.

I'd like to take a moment to thank Mike for all he's done for our league, not only being a super active GM who's been here for awhile, but also helping out as an agent in previous seasons. Thanks Mike!

whaaaaaaat???? :blink:

21 minutes ago, Nail said:

GM Hiring:

Please join me in welcoming @Mr.Miyagi as the newest GM of the New Jersey Devils!

Welcome to the league!

Wow, gotta say, this came outta nowhere today. Truly honoured to become a GM in this league. Seems like a league where everyone has a head on there shoulders! Thanks so much!

I had a chance this afternoon to look through the roster and see what I got, I must say to take over a team with Crosby and Ovi, just wow. Here are however some glaring holes. No picks this year, an alright prospect pool but full of names that may not be recognizable. Defence is a bit weak, and I think I could use an upgrade in goal, wouldn't want to be surprised and have Halak sent down again. But I'm not too worried having him as my man for now.

With that said, feel free to drop a line. Willing to listen to any ideas. But will be rather picky to start my tenure. This is a top 10 team atm, so I won't be in any rush to make any crazy deals or blow anything up. Until then, thanks again to @Nail for he opportunity. 

Ta ta for now

With the string of recent events, now having place Rowney (4 weeks), Carter (month to month) and Fowler (4-6 weeks) on IR, the Lightning are in a weird spot. We are sitting 13th overall in the entire league and hanging on to 3rd in the Division. 

If we continue to slip we may look to do something big, do we sell? Do we just hang on for the tough ride. It's a tricky spot. At this point we will say if anyone on our roster interests any GM out there, we will listen. For bigger names we will want to look at getting prospects in return. I'm not saying we are going to re-tool but maybe it's something we look in to. 

Archived