The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Rebuild Kicked Off With Acquiring Bo, & Was Completed at 2019 Draft!

Rate this topic

Nuxfanabroad

Just now, 189lb enforcers? said:

I only wanted to make one point about how injuries were a plottable trend here, which is a manageable aspect, depending on which context we go in next.

I do not wish to get into it after that as it’s fairly obvious to conclude the several outcomes of each position. 

And how exactly is it 'manageable' on a rebuilding team with (thanks to previous management/cup attempts) no prospect pool and little cap space?

Always with the whining, never with the solutions.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

I will go with this. 

I want no other managerial group here.

Things couldn’t be going better that way.

June 28 is our Xmas. 

Hangout at the bottom for five to seven years, and we should have a very good next core:)

1 minute ago, aGENT said:

And how exactly is it 'manageable' on a rebuilding team with (thanks to previous management/cup attempts) no prospect pool and little cap space?

Always with the whining, never with the solutions.

Guddy, DD, Tanev.

Connect the dots, if you want to reduce man-games-lost.

Solutions are there, so are the trends. 

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Hangout at the bottom for five to seven years, and we should have a very good next core:)

It’s fun to watch us swing in and out of the top 3 position.

I trust JB’s Drafting enough to not really care about anything after Dahlin. JB will still draft a core, impact player in the 1st round. 

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Guddy, DD, Tanev.

Connect the dots, if you want to reduce man-games-lost.

Solutions are there, so are the trends. 

Listing three players (one of whom is no longer playing for us ever again) names is not a 'solution'.

They're also not remotely the sole reasons we went from 'possible bubble' team to 'bottom 5' team. We have the middling-quality d-depth to withstand either of those D being out. But by all means, I'm all for trading Tanev this summer and retaining just one injury prone RD. I've been on the 'trade Tanev' train for a couple seasons now. Before it was remotely popular in fact (still have the burn scars to prove it) :lol:

I'd argue that Horvat's injury (especially simultaneous to Sutter's) was the straw that broke that camel's back. Is your 'solution' to move him?

On ‎1‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 5:47 AM, janisahockeynut said:

Not to worried about McCann.........................but Tryamkin pisses me off, daily, and I feel Jimbo and Willie really screwed that one up...................if anything Benning should be whipped for that on.......just my opinion!

Hi Jan.

Was just in some old posts.  Curious why Benning might be to blame for Tryamkin?

I get trading Tanev but I take a little more basic look at things.   He is a good pro player.  There are a lot of not so good pro players on this team that should go first.  Guddy, Gagner, Sutter, MDZ, Hutton ... 

Having solid good pros to build around is the concept that is being used, then why surround them with seriously flawed pro players.

That being said, for a good enough return everyone over the age of 25 should be available and probably a few under.

On ‎1‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 6:57 AM, appleboy said:

If Guddy does not get moved it will be the final....... in Bennings ........5a6793ab411df_nailincoffin.jpg.fbb00ad926b952bc3f7dfd9e2f5e25f6.jpg

No not Cuban democracy.

Speaking of old ''did not quite nail it'' posts out there...  :lol:

Here we are, Benning & big Eric Gudbranson have new Canuck deals... 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Hi Jan.

Was just in some old posts.  Curious why Benning might be to blame for Tryamkin?

I agree with this.  Tryamkin wanted something different than the fans of this team wanted and that is his choice.  If anything I think Benning bent over too far for this guy, no AHL clauses and such.  Tryamkin thought he was too special to let the team try to do what was best for his development and then ran away when he figured out it wasn't easy to play in the NHL.

Too bad, great toolset.  Who knows maybe he will turn into a good player for us in five years or so.

55 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Considering we have been here for 3 years already?

That does not seem horribly bad...

But hoping personally we can start to crawl upwards as early as next year, but more likely 2019 / 20...

• Upvote 2

Well my prediction three years ago was that we were going to suck and then get worse when the Sedin's retired.

Next year the draft is in Vancouver, may be the only chance we get to win the "lottery."

After picking seven this year we won't be a lot further along next year.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

I get trading Tanev but I take a little more basic look at things.   He is a good pro player.  There are a lot of not so good pro players on this team that should go first.  Guddy, Gagner, Sutter, MDZ, Hutton ... 

Having solid good pros to build around is the concept that is being used, then why surround them with seriously flawed pro players.

That being said, for a good enough return everyone over the age of 25 should be available and probably a few under.

Just my opinion?

There are 3 or 4 players on that list, and there is even more on our team, that yes are not perfect? But would be good complimentary pieces on a better team.  Piit for example has D like Hutton or MDZ, would (cost aside) crave to get Sutter back and make due with several of their own Leipsic's? Who in fact score favorably in their more dynamic team.

Kessel, for that matter, was an unmitigated disaster that some thought a buyout was the only solution for in Toronto.  

1 minute ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Just my opinion?

There are 3 or 4 players on that list, and there is even more on our team, that yes are not perfect? But would be good complimentary pieces on a better team.  Piit for example has D like Hutton or MDZ, would (cost aside) crave to get Sutter back and make due with several of their own Leipsic's? Who in fact score favorably in their more dynamic team.

Kessel, for that matter, was an unmitigated disaster that some thought a buyout was the only solution for in Toronto.  

Yes, I agree with that.  So these would be nice pieces to add but first you need Crosby, Malkin and Letang.  I think Pitt is probably pretty happy how things have gone without Sutter, but again Crosby, Malkin, Letang.  

I guess I have moved over to the team that says sell off any asset for that lottery ticket so that when you get some players to build a championship around then you build the team around them.  That takes good management, and vision.  Benning has shown he is a little more than half of what a good GM needs to be.  Yes the most important half, and he seems to be learning, but his foibles are interfering with the part of the job he is good at.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, DrJockitch said:

Yes, I agree with that.  So these would be nice pieces to add but first you need Crosby, Malkin and Letang.  I think Pitt is probably pretty happy how things have gone without Sutter, but again Crosby, Malkin, Letang.  

I guess I have moved over to the team that says sell off any asset for that lottery ticket so that when you get some players to build a championship around then you build the team around them.  That takes good management, and vision.  Benning has shown he is a little more than half of what a good GM needs to be.  Yes the most important half, and he seems to be learning, but his foibles are interfering with the part of the job he is good at.

Fair enough.

Its a popular opinion as well. Not mine, but popular. 

I enjoyed, this year, being reasonably competitive. Yet, with simultaneous injuries at one stretch to Bo, Sutter, Tanev & Baer? We pretty much became a train wreck anyway. I think intentionally becoming a train wreck digs too big a hole.  

My version would include grabbing what pieces you can, when u can.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Hi Jan.

Hey CS

Yeah, I am a Benning supporter in general......for me, I feel that Benning is responsible for guidance, overseeing all hockey operations......including coaching.....maybe not day to day but overall............if I remember rightly....(I hope!).......Willie was hard on Tryamkin....no minutes, and none recognition of talent in the early days (1/2 a year).....Benning, IMO should have been firmer with Willie on his handling of Tryamkin.....not softer, but certainly more realistic.

I also think Benning should have been more on the ball with Tryamkin's (Language and wife) not all people are cut from the same cloth. ( it actually surprises me a little as Benning seems to be that kind of thoughtful guy)???? again IMO

Lastly, I think there is some merit to the fact that Tryamkin's offer probably wasn't high enough......again IMO

But that is about it.............lots of conjecture there for sure............but that is about it........still feel the same way! On that issue.

Cheers!

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Speaking of old ''did not quite nail it'' posts out there...  :lol:

Here we are, Benning & big Eric Gudbranson have new Canuck deals... 

He signed him without any ntc. He may get moved yet. :rolleyes:

He has 3 years to move him now.

• Haha 3