The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Van/Edm(Proposal)

What if we targeted a big, young D-man like Nurse? Edm will have cap issues, next yr. Guy's an RFA. He & Bo played in London together(despite their brawling).

Seems a good age to suit our up-&-coming fwd nucleus.

Hutton & a fwd prospect. Is Goldy or Dahlen added an overpayment?

I think we should deal from a position of strength, to shore up our young D(& add size). Also heard Nurse is playing well(Snet, I think?)

What's this kid worth?

26 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

What if we targeted a big, young D-man like Nurse? Edm will have cap issues, next yr. Guy's an RFA. He & Bo played in London together(despite their brawling).

I think we should deal from a position of strength, to shore up our young D(& add size). Also heard Nurse is playing well(Snet, I think?)

What's this kid worth?

EDM would want a guaranteed sniper for him, not a prospect. He's got great size but injury prone and hasn't really put a decent season together yet. I'm not sure he's the guy we over pay for. 

Now, Edler for Edmonton's 1st? thats a deal I'd like to see. 

40 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

What's this kid worth?

These are some posts from the Edmonton Board that give you an indication of what they think Nurse is worth. Names like Marner, Lindholm and Nathan MacKinnon.

Posted November 15 (edited)

Firstly, there would be no way i'm giving up Klefbomb, hes on a bargain contract long term. My bargaining chip would be Nurse, love him but he is going to ask for 5-7 per season so i'm assuming there is some bad blood there. The two guys i'd be looking at would be Marner or Lindholm from Canes, both have the right style to play with McDavid and with Marner we get an extra year of cap management. 

Edited November 15 by SuperDave17 

Nurse would be my bargaining chip as well...but also, Caleb Jones and maybe Tyler Benson,.....I would also offer Yamamoto, Maroon and a prospect (Paigin?) for Nathan MacKinnon...:th_hockey20player:..  

12 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

EDM would want a guaranteed sniper for him, not a prospect. He's got great size but injury prone and hasn't really put a decent season together yet. I'm not sure he's the guy we over pay for. 

Now, Edler for Edmonton's 1st? thats a deal I'd like to see. 

Looch, McD, & Drai 27 mill (x forever). Already have 4D-men in the 4~5.5 mill range/all with term.

This is a cap-crunch weakness that could be exploited.

They just build a brand new barn. Coming off an entertaining PO run..big pressure on Chia-pet.

From what I've seen of the kid, think Nurse would fit our group quite nicely. They pick up a D-man that can skate, & an ELC skater. That's what they need with their cap-scenario.

5 minutes ago, Rick Blight said:

These are some posts from the Edmonton Board that give you an indication of what they think Nurse is worth. Names like Marner, Lindholm and Nathan MacKinnon.

Posted November 15 (edited)

Firstly, there would be no way i'm giving up Klefbomb, hes on a bargain contract long term. My bargaining chip would be Nurse, love him but he is going to ask for 5-7 per season so i'm assuming there is some bad blood there. The two guys i'd be looking at would be Marner or Lindholm from Canes, both have the right style to play with McDavid and with Marner we get an extra year of cap management. 

Edited November 15 by SuperDave17 

Nurse would be my bargaining chip as well...but also, Caleb Jones and maybe Tyler Benson,.....I would also offer Yamamoto, Maroon and a prospect (Paigin?) for Nathan MacKinnon...:th_hockey20player:..  

Thanks RB, them posts give some fan-perspective. Interesting stuff.

But what they can't avoid is that pending cap-vice that's gonna tighten nastily..& soon.

We'll be in a position to help(cap wise), so we should leverage that advantage to the max.

13 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Thanks RB, them posts give some fan-perspective. Interesting stuff.

But what they can't avoid is that pending cap-vice that's gonna tighten nastily..& soon.

We'll be in a position to help(cap wise), so we should leverage that advantage to the max.

They definitely will be in cap hell next year and I really think they will target RNH as the guy they want to move. If they are looking at moving Nurse I think there are teams out there that will pay a pretty high price for him, much higher than Hutton and Goldy/Dahlen IMHO. Teams Like Montreal, Detroit, Las Vegas, Arizona  and Florida would love to have him as well so that could make for a pretty significant bidding war. They perhaps would listen to an offer of something like Hutton, Gaudette plus a 2nd but I personally don't think he is worth that much.

By the way, why were you saying Nurse and Horvat played together in London? I think Nurse only played in the Soo didn't he?

5 minutes ago, Rick Blight said:

They definitely will be in cap hell next year and I really think they will target RNH as the guy they want to move. If they are looking at moving Nurse I think there are teams out there that will pay a pretty high price for him, much higher than Hutton and Goldy/Dahlen IMHO. Teams Like Montreal, Detroit, Las Vegas, Arizona  and Florida would love to have him as well so that could make for a pretty significant bidding war. They perhaps would listen to an offer of something like Hutton, Gaudette plus a 2nd but I personally don't think he is worth that much.

By the way, why were you saying Nurse and Horvat played together in London? I think Nurse only played in the Soo didn't he?

Funny..always thought he was a Knight. Don't know who I confused him with?

I think they can fit him in. Nurse is looking at a bridge deal, possibly even at a cheaper cap hit than Hutton. If EDM can't get a bridge deal done then he could very well be on his way out. Sekera and Russels both have NMC and don't need to provide a trade list until 2019. Charielli is just not patient enough and made desperate moves. Perhaps another one will be made to "save" the season. They may wait it out end up selling some pieces at the deadline, which is the better long term move. Even better if they can get some of that NMC/NTC waived

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Seriously?  RNH is likely a buy out this coming July, so why not just sign him as a UFA for a couple million then?

I doubt Edmonton lets him go. He is playing very well and having the best season of his career. But apparently Conor McAcne distracts from it. 

Archived