The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Seattle to begin season ticket drive, aiming for 2021 entry to NHL

Rate this topic

HerrDrFunk

2 minutes ago, brilac said:

I am order 20xxx. So that is 20 thousand something? Hopefully something magical will happen that I will have a season ticket, if the arena is like 18,000 something seats.

I got 161XX.  I don't know.  Maybe they will put in more seats, because of demand....make the place bigger Seattle!

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, chilliwiggins said:

I wonder how many vancourites have put down deposits?   considering the expansion rules its not a bad bet on a playoff team in the short term.onsidering how the season ticket holders in van have been through 4 years of smoke and mirrors, I can see some departures for sure.

I would guess several hundred people.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BCNeil said:

I got 161XX.  I don't know.  Maybe they will put in more seats, because of demand....make the place bigger Seattle!

That is great for you! I'm so excited, and that the number of deposits keeps increasing!  I walked to Westlake downtown during lunch so I could get a glimpse of the flag on top of the Space Needle! 

33 minutes ago, Tiger-Hearted said:

Totems is the best choice. Let's revive the Totems-Canucks rivalry at the NHL level. However, my second choice would be Emeralds. Too bad Breakers didn't make the list.

Absolute NO to the Kraken.

I think Totems, Krakem, or Steelhead would each make for a great Northwest brand. Why are you so opposed to Kraken? Too fantasy/childish?

34 minutes ago, brilac said:

That is great for you! I'm so excited, and that the number of deposits keeps increasing!  I walked to Westlake downtown during lunch so I could get a glimpse of the flag on top of the Space Needle! 

If it makes you feel any better I'm still at 59,000 for Seahawks season tickets, and seem to have been there for years...

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Green Building said:

I think Totems, Krakem, or Steelhead would each make for a great Northwest brand. Why are you so opposed to Kraken? Too fantasy/childish?

If it makes you feel any better I'm still at 59,000 for Seahawks season tickets, and seem to have been there for years...

Oh wow! Those Seahawks are popular!  I'm really clueless about Football, but I really like those press conferences where I can see the players!  Like that Doug Baldwin and Russel Wilson.

8 minutes ago, brilac said:

Oh wow! Those Seahawks are popular!  I'm really clueless about Football, but I really like those press conferences where I can see the players!  Like that Doug Baldwin and Russel Wilson.

Not living in Vancouver full time makes it completely impractical to have Nucks seasons tickets. Seasons tickets for any NFL team has always been on my bucket list though, but by the time I chose to divert my expendable income towards it it was too late (popularity). 

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Green Building said:

Bingo. Kracken, like Wild, is way too childish. It's a fine name for a National Lacrosse League team or a roller hockey team but not for a major league hockey franchise. Hockey is a game of tradition and when that tradition is compromised, the game gets dumbed down. If the Vancouver Stealth rebranded as the Voodoo and they played the Seattle Kraken, that's more than okay with me. 

1 minute ago, pluralsight said:

Exactly, your reaction already indicates that they are our most hated rival. &^@# the Lames.

Actually, just to clarify, I'm mostly neutral towards the Flames in general. Neutral = who gives a $&!#. I don't think we'll have a new generation of rivals until we make the playoffs for a few consecutive years. 

8 minutes ago, Tiger-Hearted said:

Bingo. Kracken, like Wild, is way too childish. It's a fine name for a National Lacrosse League team or a roller hockey team but not for a major league hockey franchise. Hockey is a game of tradition and when that tradition is compromised, the game gets dumbed down. If the Vancouver Stealth rebranded as the Voodoo and they played the Seattle Kraken, that's more than okay with me. 

Fair enough. I don't mind the Wild, I think their logo is clever as hell, and with the right design any of the 3 I named could be pretty sweet as each could be tied to either the ocean or land, although Kraken not traditionally, just loosely. 

I'm a big fan of Steelhead, and don't really care about the copyright associated with the name already. Totems would be cool too, but I have no idea which tribal influence they'd try to include in the logo design as that's well out of my league. Collaboration? Or singular, do you figure?

3 hours ago, Green Building said:

Fair enough. I don't mind the Wild, I think their logo is clever as hell, and with the right design any of the 3 I named could be pretty sweet as each could be tied to either the ocean or land, although Kraken not traditionally, just loosely. 

I'm a big fan of Steelhead, and don't really care about the copyright associated with the name already. Totems would be cool too, but I have no idea which tribal influence they'd try to include in the logo design as that's well out of my league. Collaboration? Or singular, do you figure?

Totems is very synonymous with the Pacific Northwest. Seattle was also named after a famous chief, Chief Seattle. 

http://www.seattletotems.org/Uniform History.html