The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Canucks - Islanders

NYI should be going for it this year with Tavares not signed as of yet to a new contract

Baertschi- Good scoring depth, pending rfa. Try to capitalize on him having a good year & flip him for a pretty good rhd to fill the Gudbranson spot

for

Pulock- Younger rhd with a good shot and decent size. Will likely be sent back to ahl when other return or be a healthy scratch

This could allow us to try Goldobin or Granlund on the wing with Horvat & Boeser

Move out Gudbranson/Hutton/Edler in a seperate deadline deal to make some room on D

Just now, Nuxfanabroad said:

Would do that pronto..NYI's hang up the phone, I'd guess

Ya they may want to do that, but Pulock has had lots of opportunity and has been passed by 1 or 2 guys. Because Baer has proven more at the nhl level I wouldnt want to add to him, we need to try and pounce on a GM who wants to try and make a push and is willing to move a decent young player in hopes of having a good finish to the year.

They have to go all in while they have JT. If he walks, that team is going to be very different. Snow has made some weird trades before, lets see if GM JB can try and take advantage of Mr. Snow

I don’t know if you could consider Baertschi going “all in” 

Here’s what going “all in” for the NYI could look like

CGY 1st round pick + NYI 1st round pick + Kulemin + Bellows

For Karlsson

Halak + CGY 2nd round pick + Toews + Ho Sang + Sorokin

For Price

Boom, now that would be a scary line up.  

1 minute ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

I don’t know if you could consider Baertschi going “all in” 

Here’s what going “all in” for the NYI could look like

CGY 1st round pick + NYI 1st round pick + Kulemin + Bellows

For Karlsson

Halak + CGY 2nd round pick + Toews + Ho Sang + Sorokin

For Price

Boom, now that would be a scary line up.  

Baer is not going all in. But it is an addition to help them going forward.

NYI should be going after Cam ward or Jimmy Howard imo.

1 minute ago, Yotes said:

Ya they may want to do that, but Pulock has had lots of opportunity and has been passed by 1 or 2 guys. Because Baer has proven more at the nhl level I wouldnt want to add to him, we need to try and pounce on a GM who wants to try and make a push and is willing to move a decent young player in hopes of having a good finish to the year.

They have to go all in while they have JT. If he walks, that team is going to be very different. Snow has made some weird trades before, lets see if GM JB can try and take advantage of Mr. Snow

We need youth, depth & size.

Isles are in a PO dog-fight. Boychuk(righty) hurt. Mediocre 'tending(can't help'em there)

Working from your initiative:

Van: Baer & Tanev

NYI: Brock Nelson(expendable C having meh season)

Pulock

2018 2nd(the better one between theirs & Calgary's)..I'd like a 1st, but CT has been hurt a lot(value likely slipping a little)

13 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

We need youth, depth & size.

Isles are in a PO dog-fight. Boychuk(righty) hurt. Mediocre 'tending(can't help'em there)

Working from your initiative:

Van: Baer & Tanev

NYI: Brock Nelson(expendable C having meh season)

Pulock

2018 2nd(the better one between theirs & Calgary's)..I'd like a 1st, but CT has been hurt a lot(value likely slipping a little)

Interesting, I dont think we should move Tanev, unless its a blatent overpayment. He could play well with Pouliot or Juolevi.

Nelson is an interesting player, but if they are trying to compete I would think they want to keep him

2 hours ago, Bingo Chili said:

Tanev + vanek +3rd  to nyi for cgy 1st , nyi 1st and bellows

An injury prone d-man pushing 30, a streaky 33 year old vet thats already been dumped by the Isles once recently and a pick for what could very well be 2 lottery picks in a deep draft and a top prospect that just scored 9 goals at the WJHC. This might be one of the worst proposals I've ever seen on CDC and thats saying something.

On 1/4/2018 at 2:57 PM, Yotes said:

Baertschi- Good scoring depth, pending rfa. Try to capitalize on him having a good year & flip him for a pretty good rhd to fill the Gudbranson spot

for

Pulock- Younger rhd with a good shot and decent size. Will likely be sent back to ahl when other return or be a healthy scratch

To acquire Pulock is a good idea, i like it but can't we do it without losing Baercheese?

Maybe something like ,

Vanek + Gudbranson

for

Pulock + 2nd or 1st round pick - or some sort of draft pick, hard to say what Pulocks value is.

Their trade deadline cap space should be good to accommodate both players.  

4 minutes ago, canuckmen84 said:

To acquire Pulock is a good idea, i like it but can't we do it without losing Baercheese?

Maybe something like ,

Vanek + Gudbranson

for

Pulock + 2nd or 1st round pick - or some sort of draft pick, hard to say what Pulocks value is.

Their trade deadline cap space should be good to accommodate both players.  

It for sure should be doable without losing Baer. Dont know if they would go round 2 of Vanek, but yes he and Guddy are our most likely tradeable players. I would like to try and move Edler too somehow,maybe to Tampa he would waive?

I would like to try get Pulock, if we can do it surrounding Guddy as the main piece that would be great!

On 1/4/2018 at 2:57 PM, Yotes said:

NYI should be going for it this year with Tavares not signed as of yet to a new contract

for

This could allow us to try Goldobin or Granlund on the wing with Horvat & Boeser

Move out Gudbranson/Hutton/Edler in a seperate deadline deal to make some room on D

Our left side is looking pretty solid at the moment. I don't think it's a position I want to mess with.

Dahlen

Baertschi

Gadjovich

Gaunce

Right now, the Baertschi, Horvat, Boeser line is looking to be our top line for, at least, two more seasons.

When ready, I see Dahlen taking over at 1LW.

Left wing is a position we don't have to worry about and is a position we shouldn't mess with.

Furthermore, I am hoping we get Bode Wilde in the draft which should go a long way to solidifying our blueline.

16 hours ago, komodo0921 said:

Our left side is looking pretty solid at the moment. I don't think it's a position I want to mess with.

Dahlen

Baertschi

Gadjovich

Gaunce

Right now, the Baertschi, Horvat, Boeser line is looking to be our top line for, at least, two more seasons.

When ready, I see Dahlen taking over at 1LW.

Left wing is a position we don't have to worry about and is a position we shouldn't mess with.

Furthermore, I am hoping we get Bode Wilde in the draft which should go a long way to solidifying our blueline.

I would say our LW side has a ton of question marks in it.

Baer- Good complimentary top 6 winger, what does he want for term and cap hit on a new deal?

Gaunce- 4th line LW that has shown good pk ability but little to no NHL offence

Gadj- Has an NHL size frame, needs to greatly improve his skating, needs 1-2 years minimum in AHL

Dahlen- Has skill, yet to play significant time on smaller ice surface, Likely needs to start next year in the AHL 

So we have 2 NHL LW going into next year off that list, Eriksson is here only cause of his massive contract, Goldy hopefully gets an opportunity to be a full timer. We could go after an Evander Kane I suppose but I also like the idea of try to maybe get Carlson on D.

In 1-3 years your projected LW projections might look more accurate for our NHL team, currently it is at 50% 

11 hours ago, Yotes said:

I would say our LW side has a ton of question marks in it.

Baer- Good complimentary top 6 winger, what does he want for term and cap hit on a new deal?

Gaunce- 4th line LW that has shown good pk ability but little to no NHL offence

Gadj- Has an NHL size frame, needs to greatly improve his skating, needs 1-2 years minimum in AHL

Dahlen- Has skill, yet to play significant time on smaller ice surface, Likely needs to start next year in the AHL 

So we have 2 NHL LW going into next year off that list, Eriksson is here only cause of his massive contract, Goldy hopefully gets an opportunity to be a full timer. We could go after an Evander Kane I suppose but I also like the idea of try to maybe get Carlson on D.

In 1-3 years your projected LW projections might look more accurate for our NHL team, currently it is at 50% 

The questions are going to be answered and I think it's going to be all positive for us.

Baertschi knows he's in a good situation. He's an important component of this team both for now and the future. He knows what Bo got and that he probably won't get the same. I like that he, like Bo, is still trending upward. Even with the missed games, it looks promising for him to eclipse his previous season's stats in all aspects. 

It's true, Gaunce hasn't found the net, but I still believe the offense will come. He gets too many chances for zeroes to continue. He and Virtanen are working hard, even if only as a shutdown line, but both continue to work hard and I believe it's only a matter of being patient.

I have full confidence in Gadget. He is a determined player who does not accept failure. He will work on the skills he needs to to make the NHL. I believe he is going to be a very important piece to our team and may become more than a third line LW.

Dahlen has the same amount of experience on North American ice as Pettersson. Like Pettersson, I don't see him having a problem. Another case of patience and time. Even if Dahlen didn't work out, which I obviously don't see happening, Petersson is a lefty and could go to his natural spot. We're still good on the left side.

Pettersson

Baertschi

Gadget

Gaunce

If I were interested in Pulock (I've never seen him play), I would rather look at using Guddy, Goldy, Hutton, Stetcher or Granlund to get him. Guddy's future is, very much, up in the air and none of the others have convinced me they've earned a long-term spot and, again, imho, could be upgraded on.

As Pulock's stats, thus far, suggest he's still, very much, a work in progress, I wouldn't give up a prime asset for him.

On 1/7/2018 at 10:31 PM, flickyoursedin said:

Tanev and Nilsson for Calgary 1rst and one of Bellows or Ho Sang

I'd do it, may need to trade Markstrom though.  Nilsson's stats aren't even better than Halak's, so if they're seeking an upgrade in goal the best we can really offer is Jacob.  It would definitely help them to have Tanev though, and I could see their GM pony up to get a guy of his caliber, even if it does cost a premier young asset.  It might be a slight stretch but I think Jacob, Tanev and maybe a minor asset for 1st, Bellows/ Ho-Sang and maybe Halak in return (I don't really want Greiss and Nilsson as our best options).  

Archived